Bread in Bible newtestament means Spiritual divine knowledge

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dattaswami8

Jun 10, 2017
Mumabi
Faith
Christian
Country
India

VERSE

[John 6:25-34 Jesus the Bread of Life

25 When they found him on the other side of the lake, they asked him, “Rabbi, when did you get here?”

26 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw the signs I performed but because you ate the loaves and had your fill. 27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.”

28 Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”

29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

30 So they asked him, “What sign then will you give that we may see it and believe you? What will you do? 31 Our ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written: ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’

32 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”

34 “Sir,” they said, “always give us this bread.”

35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

John 7: 37

37 On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. 38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”]

EXPLANATION

When the human incarnation preaches the spiritual knowledge, it is the direct knowledge from the unimaginable God pervading It. The food or bread that is eaten gets digested and gives energy to the human being. Similarly, the knowledge heard from God gets digested, which gives energy to the spiritual effort. Hence, food or bread means the spiritual knowledge. If you receive wrong spiritual knowledge from false human incarnations, it spoils you leading you to wrong direction. If you believe in the unimaginable God, you must believe the human incarnation because the unimaginable God exists in It. Then, you will receive right knowledge and travel in right direction. It is not the human being component of the human incarnation that gives the spiritual knowledge (bread), but the absolute God is directly giving it through the medium of a selected human being component.

Jesus says that He Himself is the bread or spiritual knowledge. This statement means that the human incarnation like Jesus is the possessor of the spiritual knowledge and the spiritual knowledge is the possessed item. You can call the possessor by the name of possessed item. The bearer of apples is invited by calling “O Apples! Come here”. Jesus is also telling that the hungry person should come to eat the bread or knowledge. If hunger is absent, however best may be the food, it gets rejected. The Gita says that only a person with interest gains knowledge (Shraaddhaavaan...). Jesus is also telling that whoever is thirsty should come to Him and receive the drink, which means the love to God. After that, rivers of the drink, which mean the streams of devotion will flow in the devotee. God gives both miraculous knowledge and also unassuming devotion to His devotees through His miraculous love. Miracle should not be confined to a miraculous deed only, which is meant just for the lowest category of atheists.