Break time. What do you do for fun?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Indian seems like a handy language, a lot of Indians are living in Australia now.
We have a lot of Indians here as well. I can probably practice the language with some of my colleagues at work who are from the north and south of India. My friend Reenu from the south [I think] wants me to help her find a wedding dress but not the traditionally Indian wedding dress. She wants a English/NZ white dress because she relates this to being a Christian.

Reactions: Josho

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I like sudoku and I crochet. I wish I could be out gardening. Seems like all of the fun things for me are chores these days. Someday I would like to just get up and go to McDonalds in the morning for one of those nice breakfast platters and a coffee and then go to some garden center somewhere and look at all of the plants. Probably not for a long time though.

What do you do?
When I want some fun, I scare up a pun.
When I have spare time, I harpoon a rhyme.
If I need a rest I have the right to remain silent.
If I write a piece there's no need to be violent.

Tra la la tra la lee, how happy I'll be,
Quoting pun after pun while I bask in the sun.
Tra la la tra la lee, I am joyful and free,
Such writing and rhymes can be jolly good fun. :)

Last edited:

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
When I want some fun, I scare up a pun.
When I have spare time, I harpoon a rhyme.
If I need a rest I have the right to remain silent.
If I write a piece there's no need to be violent.

Tra la la tra la lee, how happy I'll be,
Scaring up pun after pun,
Tra la la tra la lee,
What jolly good fun. :)

giphy.gif

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Working crossword puzzles, which is usually reserved for when doing laundry. Playing poker, working out, visiting local mini-markets to see if there are any new cats dropped off and abandoned so as to initiate rescue.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Working crossword puzzles, which is usually reserved for when doing laundry. Playing poker, working out, visiting local mini-markets to see if there are any new cats dropped off and abandoned so as to initiate rescue.
Lovely.
I like dogs the most but cats are okay too. I like doing Code Crackers. When I have time at work or during breaks, it keeps the brain active :)

Reactions: WaterSong

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho There are various Indian languages; some of the ones spoken by Indian communities outside India include Hindi, Bengali, Malayalam and Tamil.

Hindi seems to be the most popular one, I think Tamil is also well known about as well.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lovely.
I like dogs the most but cats are okay too. I like doing Code Crackers. When I have time at work or during breaks, it keeps the brain active :)
I love dogs too. It's just rare to ever find a doggie discarded at the local markets.
Never heard of Code Crackers. I like projects that stimulate the brain, I'll have to look that up. :)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I love dogs too. It's just rare to ever find a doggie discarded at the local markets.
Never heard of Code Crackers. I like projects that stimulate the brain, I'll have to look that up. :)
We have an elderly cat at our work place and his name is Jack. I'm not that keen on cats until I met this one. I mean he is so laid back and just cruises around the place getting petted by staff and others but after 8 years or so someone for some unknown reason took a closer look and told us the Jack was a girl. Well we still call him Jack although he is a she cos we are kind of set in our ways lol!

Code cracker looks like this.

sample-codecracker-01-1200x900.png

The point is to find out what the other letters are to make full words per each line horizontally and/or vertically. Each letter found for instance 22=S should correspond with each number [22] on the grid. After finding all the letters, there is usually another group of numbers that cracks the code for that particular grid.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have an elderly cat at our work place and his name is Jack. I'm not that keen on cats until I met this one. I mean he is so laid back and just cruises around the place getting petted by staff and others but after 8 years or so someone for some unknown reason took a closer look and told us the Jack was a girl. Well we still call him Jack although he is a she cos we are kind of set in our ways lol!

About a year and a half ago, I found a cat covered in orange soda under the car in the parking lot. Torn up ear and didn't look taken care of. I took him in for the night. There were fireworks and it was cold. I didn't want him running off onto the freeway. Dangerous situation for a cat. I went out to the store, gave him some tuna, put him out in the morning and thought, "Well, I'll miss you but if you're mine you'll come back." Toby came back a few hours later meowing at the door. He kept coming back.

A couple weeks later, it turned out Toby was a female and filled with other cats. :eek: Toby's name is Muffin Top now.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LoL. Jack probably doesn't mind a bit. ;) And it could always be short for, Jackie.
Now me, I'd bring cat snacks, like Temptations, to work to spoil Jack rotten. I love cats and dogs. All animals really. When I'm working I have dog and cat snacks in my truck in case one of our customers on the route has a pet I can spoil for a bit.
Had one customer a few years ago that had a pet lion. No kidding. He was a full grown lion but thought he was a cat.

Last year I happened to have a run at a place that was set beside a guy who raised hybrid wolves. Had to be 30 or so on this giant property. I get out of the truck and this chorus of howls fills the air.
It was 11a.m. but I took my lunch break early just to visit. He had pure bred wolves and all manner of hybrid types. Amazing! Never thought I'd happen on that.
And I thought having a cat sanctuary was cool. LOL!

The point is to find out what the other letters are to make full words per each line horizontally and/or vertically. Each letter found for instance 22=S should correspond with each number [22] on the grid. After finding all the letters, there is usually another group of numbers that cracks the code for that particular grid.
Thanks for posting that. I'll look for sites online too. :)

Reactions: Pearl

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

@Angelina Something with numbers can indeed be a good way to keep the mind active...