Break time. What do you do for fun?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Best to write more than 100 and edit it down. Long as you have a beginning, middle (meat) and the end. Hopefully with a twist :)
@Nancy I know what you mean: better to pare down than blow up artificially.... :)

(Sounds a bit like producing nice nails...but I myself would know less about this than maybe you do...)

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I enjoy watching gardening and homesteading videos, watching all the birds coming to my feeders, watching the squirrels play, lol ....simple things. :) When I am able, I like taking walks and piddling in a garden, yard work....even cooking is fun to me sometimes. :) I enjoy housework when there's some good Gospel music playing. :)

Reactions: Pearl and Angelina

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What languages are you learning?
Well hi there brother @Josho. Good to see you. I am onto the last conversation we had which you gave me a link. So I am learning Mandarin at the moment. I'm on level three and it's starting to get a bit hard but I am determine to be able to speak fluently and then move to another one. ;). I'm already capable of speaking Maori because it's really mixed in our NZ culture. Next up possibly Spanish and then Hebrew. :p

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I like to play SNES games or PSP Games, I like to try different Linux Distros, I love to color, word search, and come here to argue :D

I just got Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, and learnt how fun Mario & Luigi RPG games are. :D:p

I am also trying to look for some old Metroid games, the 2d ones you know, it can be hard to find some for a good price though these days.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I like sudoku and I crochet. I wish I could be out gardening. Seems like all of the fun things for me are chores these days. Someday I would like to just get up and go to McDonalds in the morning for one of those nice breakfast platters and a coffee and then go to some garden center somewhere and look at all of the plants. Probably not for a long time though.

What do you do?
When I am undone by His presence, I am content.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well hi there brother @Josho. Good to see you. I am onto the last conversation we had which you gave me a link. So I am learning Mandarin at the moment. I'm on level three and it's starting to get a bit hard but I am determine to be able to speak fluently and then move to another one. ;). I'm already capable of speaking Maori because it's really mixed in our NZ culture. Next up possibly Spanish and then Hebrew. :p

Oh wow you have managed to stick with Mandarin, well done. :D

We have indigenous languages in Australia, but there are heaps of different indigenous languages, I don't know any.

Reactions: farouk and TLHKAJ

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Oh wow you have managed to stick with Mandarin, well done. :D

We have indigenous languages in Australia, but there are heaps of different indigenous languages, I don't know any.
Thank you buddy. I have had a little bit of a push from a relative who is sooooo competitive that now I have to beat her learning Chinese lololol! Folks like that Keeps you motivated.

I'm thinking of learning Indian and there are lot's of languages there, so I will probably pick the one that is spoken in my country the most. I think you may want to do the same. I think it would be awesome to learn an aboriginal language. :D:D:)

Reactions: Josho and TLHKAJ

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck. Why don't you get up one morning and go to Maccas for a nice brekky. Spoil yourself girl. Go,go,go....:)

I'm thinking you're right ... :D I could use it! I might do that soon. And Hebrew is a wonderful language to learn!

Who likes some good Christian rock in the background, with Scriptural lyrics?

Used to, but not so much anymore these days. I noticed some things started affecting my heart.. even if they were Christian, and a course on music taught me a lot how certain tones affect the brain. Went from Red and Skillet to playing my 10-string lyre and neo-classical on the acoustic guitar. Not that I'm any good, but it's good for the brain - and having destroyed mine once already after a horrible run with B-12 deficiency anemia, I practice for the sake of neuroplasticity. It's good therapy.

Not lately though, with the guitar. High e string broke.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you buddy. I have had a little bit of a push from a relative who is sooooo competitive that now I have to beat her learning Chinese lololol! Folks like that Keeps you motivated.

I'm thinking of learning Indian and there are lot's of languages there, so I will probably pick the one that is spoken in my country the most. I think you may want to do the same. I think it would be awesome to learn an aboriginal language. :D:D:)

I think my dad used to know Pitjantjatjara, since he used to do quite a bit of ministry with the aborigines in South Australia.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I'm thinking you're right ... :D I could use it! I might do that soon. And Hebrew is a wonderful language to learn!
@FluffyYellowDuck - Sis, You know I'm right. You need someone to wait on you for a change. It will do you the world of good and so would going to the garden center to look for some possible plants to grow in your garden or perhaps starting a new garden like herbs. I like herbs. May plant some soon. ;)

Reactions: DuckieLady

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Indian seems like a handy language, a lot of Indians are living in Australia now.