Break time. What do you do for fun?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like sudoku and I crochet. I wish I could be out gardening. Seems like all of the fun things for me are chores these days. Someday I would like to just get up and go to McDonalds in the morning for one of those nice breakfast platters and a coffee and then go to some garden center somewhere and look at all of the plants. Probably not for a long time though.

What do you do?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I like sudoku and I crochet. I wish I could be out gardening. Seems like all of the fun things for me are chores these days. Someday I would like to just get up and go to McDonalds in the morning for one of those nice breakfast platters and a coffee and then go to some garden center somewhere and look at all of the plants. Probably not for a long time though.

What do you do?
@FluffyYellowDuck Oh it's relaxing to potter around garden centers, isn't it? :)

Reactions: DuckieLady

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I play 4-player team dominoes on my iPhone in between my Bible Reading sometimes.

Many of the fun things I used to do as an unbeliever are no longer fun to me.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I play 4-player team dominoes on my iPhone in between my Bible Reading sometimes.

I like Sudoku... All the ways I had fun back then aren't fun to me anymore either, which is part of why I started this thread. It's easy when you're living an sinful life to not care about what you're doing and do whatever you want, but when you become a Christian, everything changes and for me I started wondering, "How do I have fun as a Christian without learning how to scrapbook and hang out with pregnant people that I don't know?"

Which is how I still feel about it.

I hate scrapbooking. I'd take a family photo album any day over pictures on the screen, but I hate scrapbooking. Frustrates me. I can't do anything with it...

Reactions: April_Rose

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

It's how it works: :)

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Corinthians 5.17)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I like Sudoku... All the ways I had fun back then aren't fun to me anymore either, which is part of why I started this thread. It's easy when you're living an sinful life to not care about what you're doing and do whatever you want, but when you become a Christian, everything changes and for me I started wondering, "How do I have fun as a Christian without learning how to scrapbook and hang out with pregnant people that I don't know?"

Which is how I still feel about it.
Often something with words and numbers can be a good way to keep one's mind active.... :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Exactly what I was thinking!
@FluffyYellowDuck Shows how life in Christ indeed transforms...

I tried the broken cisterns, Lord,
But, ah, the waters failed!
E’en as I stooped to drink they fled,
And mocked me as I wailed.

The pleasures lost I sadly mourned,
But never wept for Thee,
Till grace the sightless eyes received,
Thy loveliness to see.

Refrain:
Now none but Christ can satisfy,
None other name for me;
There’s love and life and lasting joy,
Lord Jesus, found in Thee.

(James McGranahan, 1840-1907)

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
3 years ago I decided begrudgingly and disappointingly that I was too old to surf any more. I'm now 68. So I took up golf. I don't play as often as I would like, and so not improving as quickly as I know I could with more practise. But I'm loving the fellowship with friends, the exercise, and the park like atmospheres from the numerous different courses we go to.
For mental exercise I prepare Bible studies and my church's weekly bulletin.
And I'm a part time bus driver.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

What do you do?

I have started to do embroidery again and since last summer have done three tray cloths two table cloths and a table runner and also made some felt hearts and needle cases. I also read a lot and because I can't get out I have discovered e-books, and I like to come on this site for a little fellowship.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have started to do embroidery again and since last summer have done three tray cloths two table cloths and a table runner and also made some felt hearts and needle cases. I also read a lot and because I can't get out I have discovered e-books, and I like to come on this site for a little fellowship.

Embroidery can be so beautiful! I bet they look lovely! I don't know what I do for fun yet... I am just about done crocheting an oversized sweater. Just need to finish the pockets and a couple odds and ends.) do crochet, but I also sew. I'm working on just a small throw blanket now.

I don't do embroidery myself, but I do sashiko and boro, which are a couple forms of visible mending for patches. I have to admit so far I've just done lazy running stitches and crosses. I can sew. But these are things that I just have to get done in general because I have something against fast fashion.

When I was younger, I wanted to be a fashion designer and I was convinced that I would have graduated from AIS and been living in Paris years ago. Maybe it will pay off in some other way.

...Probably a good thing. I think I hate the idea of going to Paris as I got older. Seems super cliché now.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Embroidery can be so beautiful! I bet they look lovely! I don't know what I do for fun yet... I am just about done crocheting an oversized sweater. Just need to finish the pockets and a couple odds and ends.) do crochet, but I also sew. I'm working on just a small throw blanket now.

I don't do embroidery myself, but I do sashiko and boro, which are a couple forms of visible mending for patches. I have to admit so far I've just done lazy running stitches and crosses. I can sew. But these are things that I just have to get done in general because I have something against fast fashion.

When I was younger, I wanted to be a fashion designer and I was convinced that I would have graduated from AIS and been living in Paris years ago. Maybe it will pay off in some other way.

...Probably a good thing. I think I hate the idea of going to Paris as I got older. Seems super cliché now.

I have always liked embroidery - my dad taught me as a young girl - but not cross stitch. I am hopeless with a sewing machine and much prefer hand stitching anything. I have done hand-stitched patchwork but was also good at knitting and crochet but haven't the patience now.