BREAKING OF BREAD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Thank you. You do me a great honour in recognizing my community in these heroes of the Faith.
Both martyred for the Truth, Polycarp miraculously so. Their blood, the seed scattered, and multiplyed 1000 fold..

Peace be with you!
"the faith," yeh.
Personally i cant think of a system more antithetical to Christianity than Catholicism pj, but if that is your desire then i hope you one day might become a Catholic Saint too, ok? But understand that that will never, ever be a Christian saint

Reactions: Stan B

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"the faith," yeh.
Personally i cant think of a system more antithetical to Christianity than Catholicism pj, but if that is your desire then i hope you one day might become a Catholic Saint too, ok? But understand that that will never, ever be a Christian saint

You do err, not knowing that which you speak of.

You yourself have testified that we hold fast to the Faith that the apostles entrusted to Poylcarp and Ignatius and other faithful men.

Isn't time you stopped kicking against the goad?

Peace!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You do err, not knowing that which you speak of.
well, i have already allowed for the possibility pj, yes, but wadr i'm not the one violating boundary stones either. Dont worry, i dont expect you to address it this time either
You yourself have testified that we hold fast to the Faith that the apostles entrusted to Poylcarp and Ignatius and other faithful men.
faith is not a noun i dont think, pj, and i have testified to no such thing, wadr. I mean i agree that you are enmeshed in a Death Cult, like most prots, most ppl i guess, if thats what you mean, yes. You yourself have testified to this, eh? You believe that you are going up to heaven after you have died, and some others that you can define are going to a place called "hell" right?

you also ignore vv to the contrary, maybe literally cannot even see them when they are Quoted at you?
Isn't time you stopped kicking against the goad?

Peace!
so iow we are not really having a convo either, right? If i asked you what four concepts my post that you just quoted contained, could you even name one, pj? Fwiw i for whatever reason have been privileged to have known many thoughtful Catholics, who btw were not trying to muscle their way into anything, nor lecture from compound ignorance pj, so no offense but i gotta ask what you expect to accomplish here?

Do you suppose that you might convert some ppl here to Catholicism? Since you apparently are not here to learn anything about Christianity, and also apparently not prepared to forgive the pope his sins, can you splain why i should even acknowledge your presence, your violation of a holy (to me) venue, pj? Bc i have nothing against you at all, ok, until you start pontificating here as if you knew. Why do you put me in a position of having to speak ill of you? Is your conscience so seared?

You know you (and that catholic witch i been talking to too) gonna end up like Bread of Death if you dont start listening to someone soon, ok? Dont have to be me, i dont know anything, but yall oughtta maybe recognize; you are driving yourself into a ditch, apparently on purpose, and this is not going to end well for you imo ok. Now i dont know, and i might be wrong, but you might consider sir.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i think youre onto something there, up top anyway :)
i guess a bunch of those present did not know though, huh? Which makes little sense in the literal--ok, no sense--but carries an important spiritual message for us i guess
anyway, there in the middle, i'm pretty sure actual food is not the subject?

You are right. it is about behaviour and how you treat your fellow believers.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You are right. it is about behaviour and how you treat your fellow believers.
hmm, imo that is the cover story anyway, yeh. I think there is a lesson on our ritualizing of communion buried in there, too, but tbh i havent quite put it together yet. What you say might turn out to be the lesson for all i know

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not a big deal, Mary, as i said, i would mostly maybe reflect on those vv in private, for yourself. You dont owe me any answers, after all.
Soooo you accuse me of not answering your questions.....I offer you a chance to reveal those questions I have not answered.....you then tell me I don’t owe you any answers o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

I really can not figure you out....Not just based on this incident but in MOST of your post...I can’t figure you out.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Soooo you accuse me of not answering your questions.....I offer you a chance to reveal those questions I have not answered.....you then tell me I don’t owe you any answers o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

I really can not figure you out....Not just based on this incident but in MOST of your post...I can’t figure you out.
no sin in that imo, i dunno if you are fam with the concept of "right pastor" or "staying in one house while you are there" but the point is that maybe you shouldn't be paying me any attention right now, you likely have a much better rabbi that speaks your tongue iow, someone you can hear, relate to, whatever?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, really i suspect they didnt do it anything like your eucharist nor our communion, but i honestly dont know
Hi bbyrd,

I agree....You don’t know. Because you don’t know Scripture or Christian history.

The early Church DID “do it anything like (y)our eucharist”. We still, 2,000 years later, still practice 1 Cor: 11: 23-27 prior to partaking in communion.

If you read the Didache (1st century document) and Justin Martyrs first apology you will learn what your 1st century Christian brother/sisters practiced and believed. They DID “do it” like we still “do it” today 2,000 years later. Justin Martyr describes a Catholic mass in his writings. Sooooo what you “suspect” is completely and utterly WRONG....but I suspect you won’t admit it.

Sadly you, LIKE MOST PROTESTANTS, don’t know this and have created a whole new 500 year old tradition but ask us Catholics to throw away our 2,000 year traditions and follow your new tradition. How bizarre. Another bizarre thing is that @amadeus ”liked” your post. I thought you, Amadeus, knew Christian history but it appears you don’t if you “like” such an uneducated statement by bbyrd....but at least he did admit he didn’t know. Do you know your Christian history Amadeaus?

Bible study and Historical Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not referring to Paul.
Hi MM<

I am referring to Paul and your dodging the question. I know why you don’t want to talk about Paul because Pauls rhetorical question in 1 Corinthians destroys your theory...that is why you don’t want to refer to Paul.

thank you for your time

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say he did.
YES.....you did.

He said to his apostles it was his body/blood.

You said you don’t believe in fairy stories when referring to what He said.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no sin in that imo, i dunno if you are fam with the concept of "right pastor" or "staying in one house while you are there" but the point is that maybe you shouldn't be paying me any attention right now, you likely have a much better rabbi that speaks your tongue iow, someone you can hear, relate to, whatever?
Once again...another post I HONESTLY don’t know what you are saying.

how do you fulfill John 6:53?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi bbyrd,

I agree....You don’t know. Because you don’t know Scripture or Christian history.

The early Church DID “do it anything like (y)our eucharist”. We still, 2,000 years later, still practice 1 Cor: 11: 23-27 prior to partaking in communion.

If you read the Didache (1st century document) and Justin Martyrs first apology you will learn what your 1st century Christian brother/sisters practiced and believed. They DID “do it” like we still “do it” today 2,000 years later. Justin Martyr describes a Catholic mass in his writings. Sooooo what you “suspect” is completely and utterly WRONG....but I suspect you won’t admit it.

Sadly you, LIKE MOST PROTESTANTS, don’t know this and have created a whole new 500 year old tradition but ask us Catholics to throw away our 2,000 year traditions and follow your new tradition. How bizarre. Another bizarre thing is that @amadeus ”liked” your post. I thought you, Amadeus, knew Christian history but it appears you don’t if you “like” such an uneducated statement by bbyrd....but at least he did admit he didn’t know. Do you know your Christian history Amadeaus?

Like a lot of people here, Mary, you do don't understand where @bbyd009 is coming from... As I am sure you already know there are a number of people here in what they would, [and like so would you] beliefs, who failing to understand him do not believe he could really be a follower of Christ or even an "I want to be a follower of Christ". I disagree with you and them on this point.

When I give a person a 'like' it often means that I agree with them, but not always. Sometimes I like a response with which I do not agree. I am not saying this is the case this time with @bbyrd009

You asked me if I know Christian history. I am not a historian, but I know a little history. I have seen that even some who have specialized in the study of history sometimes fail to understand, or emphasize, the frequent problem with accepting the validity of much that has been written and called history. It is 'his story' and every man is or has been a liar, whether intentionally or not.There are too many variables and too many subjective reasons for what is written and why. Good reasons to prevaricate or good reasons to write without really knowing if it is so... or not. History!

Last edited:
Reactions: Stan B and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Hi bbyrd,

i have never asked you to throw away anything, mary, and as far as im concerned be the best Catholic you know how to be! It is not Christianity and never will be imo, hence the "protest," but if you are comfortable with a pope (given the history) and all the other stuff, then i have no objections. There is no judgement for beliefs that i can find, only for works. Yah does not judge like we do right
Once again...another post I HONESTLY don’t know what you are saying.

how do you fulfill John 6:53?
asked and answered already mary, by recognizing "eating" and "drinking" as analogies, and doing them spiritually rather than ritually

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dearest bbyrd,

well, i have already allowed for the possibility pj, yes, but wadr i'm not the one violating boundary stones either. Dont worry, i dont expect you to address it this time either

But i did address it, have you forgotten? There is no boundary stone, no wall, no stronghold, no fortress that can hold back the love of God and the light of Christ.

can you splain why i should even acknowledge your presence, your violation of a holy (to me) venue, pj?

I understand that you find this uncomfortable and even perhaps that it might cause you some pain, and for that I'm truly sorry, but you know what they say 'no pain, no gain'.

As for acknowledging me, you are free to do as you wish of course, but you can't seem to help yourself. (I think maybe I'm growing on you ;) )

faith is not a noun i dont think, pj, and i have testified to no such thing, wadr.

Ok, you go with that then.

I mean i agree that you are enmeshed in a Death Cult, like most prots, most ppl i guess, if thats what you mean, yes. You yourself have testified to this, eh?

Hah! A covenantal relationship with the Author of life is most assuredly NOT a 'death cult'

As you often rightly point out, there is only One Immortal. And He freely shares His Life with all who come to Him.

Now you had many other questions, and I will answer them later tonight, God willing.

May the love of God and the peace of our Lord, Jesus Christ be with you always!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
But i did address it, have you forgotten? There is no boundary stone, no wall, no stronghold, no fortress that can hold back the love of God and the light of Christ.
yes, so iow the Scriptural principle of moving boundary stones has not been addressed, and tbh i would rather not get into a scrap over it with a foreigner, a traveler staying at my house, in my town, so to speak
I understand that you find this uncomfortable and even perhaps that it might cause you some pain, and for that I'm truly sorry, but you know what they say 'no pain, no gain'.
sorry pj, wrong answer again, and i mean note the parts you are skipping? You are cherry picking my post and replying to what suits you, wadr. I dont find this "uncomfortable" at all, i know where the ignore button is pj
Now you had many other questions, and I will answer them later tonight, God willing.
pls dont, they were not meant to be taken literally pj, they are thought questions ok. And i dont mean any offense but you are not thinking yet imo, you are knowing things, as ATs, and saying you know things, right? I look forward to the day we might actually engage in a conversation, dont get me wrong, but at this point i would be looking for signs first, you condemning penance, or prepared to forgive the pope his sins, something along those lines. Something Scriptural imo iow

ever seen the disturbing Japanese i think it is animation, where like pink teddy bears frolic around and then bite the heads off of...whomever, victims, apropos of nothing? Yes, that. I get where they are coming from now. "Your love's like rhinestones, falling from the sky" iow

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
yes, so iow the Scriptural principle of moving boundary stones has not been addressed, and tbh i would rather not get into a scrap over it with a foreigner, a traveler staying at my house, in my town, so to speak

and what boundary stone is it that you think i've violated and who is it that established it? Are you bringing a charge against me?

sorry pj, wrong answer again, and i mean note the parts you are skipping? You are cherry picking my post and replying to what suits you,

oh please... I acknowledged that there was more in your post that i hadn't had time to address, why the drama?

pls dont, they were not meant to be taken literally pj, they are thought questions ok.

make up your mind...

And i dont mean any offense but you are not thinking yet imo, you are knowing things, as ATs, and saying you know things, right?

haha, that is so not so.. 'lean not on your own understanding'. It is the Church that knows and passes on the 'deposit of Faith given once for all to the saints'.

My doctrine is not my own but that of my brothers and sisters and fathers and mothers and all the faithful down through the ages. 'for we have the mind of Christ'.

By all means don't listen to me, listen to the Church!

I look forward to the day we might actually engage in a conversation, dont get me wrong, but at this point i would be looking for signs first,

you condemning penance,

My sacrifice, God, is a broken spirit; God, do not spurn a broken, humbled heart

or prepared to forgive the pope his sins,

why would you think I woudnt forgive any man? Knowing the mercy extended to me, can I begrudge it to others?

For as you judge, so will you be judged, and the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you.

something along those lines. Something Scriptural imo iow

anything else oh grand inquisitor?