"Breaking the Fourth Wall"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
can.of.soup — Yesterday at 3:00 PM

Thank you so much for answering all my questions!! I really love reading every one of your responses, I learn something new every time! I understand what you mean by animals are free of sin and boy am I glad for that (I love animals and the thought of knowing my animals are in a good place really make me happy).

I still have more questions about ghosts, ghosts in term being “spirit” as opposed to human ghosts and possibly a couple questions about contacting demons and angels on earth.

What’s stopping demons or angels from, for example, just “breaking the fourth wall” in a way and just being like “I’m a demon you’re looking at a demon!!!” Or something?

What if say, two friends were hanging out and one of them had the idea to try and “summon” a demon. It doesn’t seem to have worked but as the night goes on, there are more signs of soemtbing being there (scratches appearing on one or two of the participants, burns/red marks) what would that mean? Would it be the demon hurting them?

What is an evil spirit capable of? And by “mastered all of them” what exactly does that mean it had done?

What if someone believed in god but had also believed in human ghosts?

Would modern day witches, who claim they can speak to the dead/undead/spirits, also be free of sin or would that count as sin?

can.of.soup — Yesterday at 9:16 PM

Another question, do the seven deadly sins take a play in whether you go to heaven or not?

What if someone believed in god but it was for greedy reason? Like say, they only believed in god to go to heaven to see their pet or friend or family?

So I respond with the following…

No worries my friend, I’m happy to help :D You have a good thinking mind, and it’s always good to ask questions… reminds me of myself when I first learned about Christianity. Back then, I was fortunate to have other people answer my own questions, which resemble the questions you ask me now. I guess, generational knowledge in a sense. Or as a way of giving back. If that makes sense.

For me as well.

Personally, some of my favorite animals are birds, like crows and ravens. It’s cool to see them fly high and their “caw caws” are pleasing to my ears. God made all these animals so uniquely, and people can point at nature with animals hunting animals, but God’s intention like with the verse before is to have all animals coexisting peacefully with each other :)

Like with climate change and world war 3 impacts coming I feel bad for all the animal species that have suffered already / will suffer due to human factors out of their control :( Luckily, there’s a happy ending for all creation, for every creature :D

Revelation 5:13 And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying, “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!”

“Breaking the fourth wall” that’s an interesting way of putting it! In the Bible, there are cases where demons have declared that they are, indeed, demons.

Luke 4:33-36 And in the synagogue there was a man who had the spirit of an unclean demon, and he cried out with a loud voice, “Ha! What have you to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God.” But Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be silent and come out of him!” And when the demon had thrown him down in their midst, he came out of him, having done him no harm.

Other times, demons will stay in disguise, like Satan pretending to be an angel in light (2 Corinthians 11:14), in the form of false gods, like the Israelites with the Canaanite Molech (Leviticus 18:21).

Deuteronomy 32:17 They sacrificed to demons that were no gods, to gods they had never known, to new gods that had come recently, whom your fathers had never dreaded.

So it depends on what strategy they want to use. Sometimes they might scare people and say “Boo! I’m a demon! Haha!” or other times they might lie and pretend to be good saying “Trust me bro, I’m actually the good guy here!”.

Interesting scenario you’ve presented. First, I’m not sure how or if they even did truly summon a demon or not, but assuming that they really did, yes, the demon would be able to physically affect their body. In the Gospel of Jesus’ life, a demon made someone κωφὸν (kōphon) meaning unable to hear or speak, like with physical ears or a mouth.

Matthew 9:32 32 As they were going away, behold, a demon-oppressed man who was mute was brought to him. 33 And when the demon had been cast out, the mute man spoke

Disclaimer though, if someone has scratches, burns or red marks on them, they should seek medical attention first and foremost. God can use doctors as a way of healing illnesses, and not all diseases come from demons, not everything bad that happens in life is from sin.

John 9: 2 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who committed the sin that caused him to be born blind, this man or his parents?” 3 Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but he was born blind so that the acts of God may be revealed through what happens to him.

For instance, someone could be having a psychological episode because of a demonic attack, in which case, sometimes they go seeking some exorcist or something, but really, it could just be a mental health issue in which case a psychologist or mental health expert is more appropriate to help them.

An evil spirit is also capable of the following

Demons can dwell inside people like a house. Demons possess people because they are looking to rest. Just like how a person likes to relax at home after a long day of work. Luke 11:24-26

Demons can possess animals, like a herd of pigs Luke 8:32-33

They can work in groups, like Legion Mark 5:9

They can speak vocally and be heard by others Mark 1:23-25

Other physical alterations can include, physically bending people Luke 13:11–16 and causing seizures Matthew 17:14-18

Even predict the future Acts 16:16 though not as much as God

They can pretend to be a deceased family member, loved one, friend Leviticus 20:27 though only God will truly bring them back to life and wake them from their slumber.

They can even perform magic. God had Aaron’s staff and turned it into a snake. The Egyptian magicians, powered by the demons, also threw down their staffs and turned them into snakes. Yet God’s snake was stronger. Exodus 7:8-13

God turned the Nile river into blood, and the demons copied Him. Exodus 7:20-24

God sent frogs to cover the land, and the demons copied Him. Exodus 8:6-7

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mastered them all from Acts 19:13-16 is synonymous with overpowered them all. The Jews who were trying to excorcise the demon were beaten by the one evil-spirit possessing the man. That’s how powerful demons are, so it’s important to be cautious when handling them.

Belief in God is about having faith that the Blood of Christ is sufficient to wash away all your sins, which it is. If someone believes in human ghosts to save them and believes in God to save them, then they aren’t really believing in God with faith alone, since they’re trusting their works of human ghost aka demon interaction to save them, and works salvation is false.

Someone could believe that human ghosts exist (aka demons), but not believe in them to save them, yet still believe in God, Jesus, to remove all their sins, and that would still work. Like, I believe that demons exist, and I believe that God exists, yet I have faith in God to save me, not the demons. I believe that Jesus Christ will save me, but not the demons.

There’s a lot of semantics in the definition of “human ghosts”. Humans have the breath of life, which you could define as a ghost. Believers have the Holy Ghost in them. Evil spirits can pretend to be deceased family members acting as ghosts.

The fact of the matter is, we simply need to have faith alone in Christ and we’re permanently saved afterwards. Demons can’t save us. Human ghosts can’t save us. Only the Holy Ghost saves us. Only the Spirit of God saves us, no other spirit. Hope that makes sense my friend.

In terms of witches, if these are people who truly believe that they can speak to the dead/undead/spirits (all of which would essentially be demons), then essentially they are communicating with evil spirits.

Galatians 5:19-21 mentions the work of the flesh as sorcery, which the Lord is against. The only thing that frees us of sin is Jesus Christ.

Trusting in anything besides Christ keeps us in sin. If someone thinks they can perform charity work to be saved, then they’re wrong, and still in sin. If someone thinks donating to the poor, healing the sick, giving away all their money will save them, then they’re wrong. No matter what a person does, they still have sin. Good works, bad works, they don’t save us. They don’t remove sin. Only the Blood of Christ removes sin. That’s the takeaway

There can also be witches in fandoms. Let’s say… Genshin Impact.

I do indeed play Genshin Impact, I’m AR59, been playing since October 2020, that’s why I post this on Genshin Impact servers. Genshin has witches and also astrology, magic, sorcery, etc. They important part is realizing all of it’s fictional, as in fake. You can still enjoy the series even though it’s not real, I still do.

1 Corinthians 8: 4-6 4 So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that “An idol is nothing at all in the world” and that “There is no God but one.” 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”), 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Let’s use Zhongli as an example, seeing as he’s your profile picture currently. If someone made a cake that looks like Morax, and I eat it, it’s as though I’m really just eating food. If someone plays a video game that has a “witch” but realizes that witches in real life, communicating with real life demons is bad, then that’s good. But someone can still eat the food of a witch, of an idol. The archons, Venti, Zhongli, Ei, Nahida, Murata, etc. etc. We know they are idols, which is nothing at all in this world. So people can still read fantasy novels, watch fictional anime series about witches and sorcery, but still realize it’s fake.

However, if someone genuinely believes that Morax is a god who exists here in the real world and literally worships them, then that would be bad, because a demon can pretend to operate under the name “Morax” and cause harm, because we are to worship only God. Matthew 4:10 That’s the problem with the Israelites, Molech, they really thought was the real God, which is false, since God is against child sacrifice. Even the angels that really do exist in this world, we’re not supposed to worship them. The key takeaway is to only believe in God and be permanently saved.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Reading mythology when you know it’s fake can be useful to when it comes to finding the truth, since we can understand what is false. I mean, that’s how I found out that ECT is a Greek Myth.

Here’s a discussion thread I made instantly with some Christian Universalist friends that talks about this.

Christian Universalists within Online Fandoms

As my friend WhiteWings puts it “For many everything they see and read is pure fiction. Demons, angels, monsters, gods, vampires, werewolves, witches, etc etc.They enjoy it but totally reject the idea any of it exists. So obviously they don't worship any of those things.”

The “seven deadly sins” is a concept name that does not appear in the Bible. It originally comes from Catholic theology belief. I’m not a Catholic, or really, any denomination title like Protestant, Orthodox, etc. I’m just an ordinary person who gets information from the Bible. The Ten Commandments are a much better gauge to what is a sin and what isn’t a sin.

EXODUS 20

I am the Lord your God = worship God

You shall have no other gods before[a] me. = no worshiping false gods

You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God = no saying anything inappropriate with God’s name attached to it

Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy = Jesus is our Sabbath day, our rest

Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you. = respecting your parents

“You shall not murder. = no unlawful killing

“You shall not commit adultery. = no sexual intercourse with another person’s married spouse when you are already married

“You shall not steal. = no physically taking away other people’s belongings

“You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor. = no purposefully lying about a situation which you know the truth about

“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house = no planning to physical take other people’s belongings

In terms of the type of belief in God, even that smallest amount of belief, as small as a mustard seed, even the slightest amount of faith alone in God is enough to be washed of our sins.

Philippians 1:15-18 15 It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. 16 The latter do so out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. 17 The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. 18 But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to go to Heaven. It’s every humans natural desire to be happy. God designed us with Heaven in mind, like the Garden of Eden, with no suffering at that time. As well, there’s nothing wrong with wanting to see a pet, a friend, a family member. If someone believes in God because of those motivations, then they still have faith in God, don’t they? And thus they are permanently saved.

Humans have the free will to choose when to be saved, God has predestined that eventually everyone will choose to be saved. It’s about telling Christ “Yes, I want to be saved”. God is love. And love doesn’t force it’s own way. I’m against forcing people like hurting people against their will to become Christians. My role, as someone who spreads this good news, is to simply tell people about Jesus Christ, inform them of the truth. I’m just a simple human messenger. It’s up to the receiver to choose when they believe in the Lord Jesus :)

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.

I wouldn’t call those “greedy” per say. Greed would be closer to the love of money, for example

1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil

Nothing wrong with getting money legitimately, or going to a job to get a wage. But if we worship money, and harm people like some businesses do to get money, then that’s bad.

Thank you for the questions my friend. You’ve definitely brought up some very interesting points, and I appreciate the scenarios you’ve provided too! It’s quite fun typing up these answers. The Lord Christ’s blessings to you my friend, can.of.soup :)