Bridge Collapse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So sorry to see the news on the Bridge Collapse in Baltimore - I understand that six people are still missing. Not much warning for those travelling across the bridge at the time of the collision.
Praying for everyone connected with the accident xx

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a shame alright. Apparently the barge lost power and they lost control of it. That pylon it hit didn't look very strong; it's no wonder the whole thing came down.

Reactions: Nancy and Cassandra

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So sorry to see the news on the Bridge Collapse in Baltimore - I understand that six people are still missing. Not much warning for those travelling across the bridge at the time of the collision.
Praying for everyone connected with the accident xx
Also praying.

Reactions: Nancy and Shittim

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Curtaining of the money while building the bridge was the real cause for the disaster. Not building pier protection around the bridge piers was the real cause for the accident.

This will not be the last time that this type of accident will occur.

This same accident happened many years ago in Hobart and divided a city when the "short cut" fell down because of a boat hitting a bridge pier.

Last edited:

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That bridge had a design flaw for sure. At the most, it should have sagged, not collapse like match sticks. Bolts in the joints should have held the expanse together.

Reactions: Nancy

Duck Muscles

Mar 19, 2024
Europe
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
I think those responsible for cutting construction corners on this initial project should face justice for their indifference to safety.

How can someone live with themselves, if their indifference helped to cause this bridge structure to totally collapse?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I hear that the people on the boat had alerted the authorities that they had lost control of the boat, so the bridge was closed to traffic. Those lost in the water were construction workers fixing pot holes, I am presuming that it was impossible to get off the bridge in time - isn’t it about 16 miles across ( or did I read that wrong ) !

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ok the report I read must have had a typo - just heard on the news that it’s 1.6miles

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just watched this terrible tragedy on YouTube, Praying for the families, the news said 2 were rescued and 1 is in a critical condition in hospital.....

Praying also that they find more alive, although it’s not looking good.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That bridge had a design flaw for sure. At the most, it should have sagged, not collapse like match sticks. Bolts in the joints should have held the expanse together.

It looked like it was built a really long time ago, like in the 1700s or something. They should build protection at water level around the pillars bridges are built on to be able to sustain a ship hitting it which would be easy to do.

I guess they don't teach about fail safe in college anymore so they need to hire some regular people who have some common sense for the rebuild.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore is named after the former poet of the same name who wrote—the American national anthem “The Star-Spangled Banner.” He was inspired upon seeing the purposely extra-large American flag made for the occasion still flying over the fort at dawn during the war of 1812. The extra-large flag and since then the bridge, was a symbol of American defiance against relentless British bombardment.

Coincidence? Coincidences are for those who don’t know better, or perhaps don’t know God, for with God there are no coincidences.

What has that to do with the bridge collapse disaster?

If you watch the footage of the collision, the first thing you will see is a power outage onboard the “Dali” cargo ship; then a change of course—a hard right, directly toward the bridge support, and a heavy stream of exhaust indicating a hard throttle acceleration push; then you see the power is restored, yet no apparent attempt to recover or avoid colliding with the bridge. The problem is…without power…the ship could not have actually changed course—not possible. Meaning, it never really lost power, they just turned the lights out.

But wait, there’s more: No cars were on the bridge, and the construction workers were even suppose to be on break. Convenient? Coincidence? Unfortunately, six of the construction workers were taking their break in their cars parked on the bridge.

All of which means, it was most likely not an accident, but an attack on American defiance. No accident.

Why?

Because, desperate acts of retaliation by the deep state, is where we are at in the ongoing war against them, and the coordinated effort to take them down after ages of crimes against humanity. Things are getting desperate.

Duck Muscles

Mar 19, 2024
Europe
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
I think there will be far more attacks on the infrastructure of America and other Western countries as well.

Reactions: ScottA

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It looked like it was built a really long time ago, like in the 1700s or something. They should build protection at water level around the pillars bridges are built on to be able to sustain a ship hitting it which would be easy to do.

I guess they don't teach about fail safe in college anymore so they need to hire some regular people who have some common sense for the rebuild.
The bridge was built in 1977. There weren't cars in 1700's, only single lane bridges were built for horse and carraige.

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bridge was built in 1977. There weren't cars in 1700's, only single lane bridges were built for horse and carraige.

They still had heavy wagons with multiple horses carrying heavy cargo back in the day.
A double lane bridge would have been useful.

If it was built in the 70s, no wander it's a poorly built bridge.

All they did in the 70s was disco dance, snort coke, and listen to the Bee Gees. :D

Reactions: Rockerduck

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there will be far more attacks on the infrastructure of America and other Western countries as well.

That's what the liberals are doing is setting up more events such as this.

If Trump wins the election, they'll most likely have a liberal insurrection that will have to be put down by armed citizens

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They still had heavy wagons with multiple horses carrying heavy cargo back in the day.
A double lane bridge would have been useful.

If it was built in the 70s, no wander it's a poorly built bridge.

All they did in the 70s was disco dance, snort coke, and listen to the Bee Gees. :D
All single lanes are measured to the size of two warhorses. The Romans built the first roads and that's the measure for the chariot horses. And we still do that today. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.