Brigham Young

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was definitely not defending Brigham Young, just pointing out that he was quite a personality of his time. I also posted his false Adam-God doctrine, and Journal of Discourses is definitely UNOFFICIAL Mormon doctrine.

"The Journal of Discourses includes interesting and insightful teachings by early Church leaders; however, by itself it is not an authoritative source of Church doctrine."
Journal of Discourses

We see here that the LDS church is trying to waffle about the authority of the publication. But the Joseph Smith Foundation tells us the truth:

The Journal of Discourses deservedly ranks as one of the standard works of the Church, and every rightminded Saint will certainly welcome with joy every number (issue) as it comes forth. —
President George Q. Cannon, Journal of Discourses, Preface, Volume 8.
Journal of Discourses Online – The Joseph Smith Foundation®
I know you weren't defending him, this is exactly why there are some on this forum that then attack the christians that come out against false teachers, or false teachings.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The veneer doesn't matter it is the content of LDS that is out of the same polluted stagnant well. The simple fact is any religion is what the core teachings are & it is revealed in the spiritual books & out of the mouths of their alleged prophets & leaders. History records their lives.
None is hidden , the material is all researchable. I first looked at it 10 plus yrs ago.
Btw, the testimonies of the Ex: Mormons who came out of this cult are by lovely people who have been through trauma of realizing they were mislead and the fact that you try to smear these good people is just the icing on the cake. That's what happens to them by the other members of this LDS cult. They are shunned , they lose family, friends & business associates because they are seen as betrayers of this counterfeit religion. :(
Nice showing out your lack of real research.

Fact: I have left the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for several years. During that time, the only smearing I encountered was from "anti-cultists" such as yourself. Before then and since my return, again, it's only been anti-cultists. My favorite aunt is ex-LDS Christian for decades, she's still my favorite aunt.

But I do experience shunning form some family members: that would the anti-cult Protestants, not the LDS Christians.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice showing out your lack of real research.

Fact: I have left the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for several years. During that time, the only smearing I encountered was from "anti-cultists" such as yourself. Before then and since my return, again, it's only been anti-cultists. My favorite aunt is ex-LDS Christian for decades, she's still my favorite aunt.

But I do experience shunning form some family members: that would the anti-cult Protestants, not the LDS Christians.
But you are the one that HAS been smearing those ex:mormons whose testimonies were posted.
You keep wanting to make this all about you. YOU are not the focal point.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you are the one that HAS been smearing those ex:mormons whose testimonies were posted.
You keep wanting to make this all about you. YOU are not the focal point.
I'm just factual on what I believe and what's the actual doctrinal stance of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.