Brigham Young

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sure do hate people don't you. There is not caring or compassion in you.

They way you "win souls for Jesus" is just priceless.

Are you a racist also?
You sound like mother Theresa.

She never tried to bring a Muslim, Buddhist, etc. to Christ.

She said love them where they are.

Of course when they die they were in hell.

You have a really good definition of love.

Of course this is all about you feeling good and comfortable. Nothing else.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You sound like mother Theresa.

She never tried to bring a Muslim, Buddhist, etc. to Christ.

She said love them where they are.

Of course when they die they were in hell.

You have a really good definition of love.

Of course this is all about you feeling good and comfortable. Nothing else.

Whatever. :rolleyes:
Hope all your negative posts bring you joy.
It obviously keeps you far to busy to ever post about JESUS Christ our Lord.
You need to meet Him and fall in love with Him.

I am praying for you daily now...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hence why I don't bother with CI anymore.

His/her fruit is bitter, including the stalker-level of slander he/she puts out against me. Such a person needs Christ desperately, as do we all.

He lumps all of us into his basket, Catholics , SDA, Pentecostals, and probably every denomination....
I'm glad you aren't wasting your time in debating him.
Unkind people don't know the Lord very well, if at all. :(

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But gossiping & slander? (sigh) ....makes ya warm all over.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...gossip is behind someone's back.. .not in front of the person.
Plus ,I have not said anything that I haven't already said to him before.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But gossiping & slander? (sigh) ....makes ya warm all over.
tzcho2, I would happily answer anyone questions or respond to anyone's post *assuming* that they are actually interested in the answer. CI is not remotely interested and has made that abundantly clear. Hence, responding is a total waste of time.

Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Defending Brigham Young?
Regardless of his false Mormon beliefs, Brigham Young was quite an outstanding personality of his time. Apparently he had up to 55 wives and 57 children from them. So an outstanding polygamist also!

His false Adam-God doctrine may not even have been palatable to his own people:

'Young taught that:

“When the Virgin Mary conceived the child Jesus, the Father had begotten him in his own likeness. He was not begotten by the Holy Ghost. And who is the Father? He is the first of the human family; and when he took a tabernacle, it was begotten by his Father in heaven, after the same manner as the tabernacles of Cain, Abel, and the rest of the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve; from the fruits of the earth, the first earthly tabernacles were originated by the Father, and so on in succession” (Journal of Discourses, vol. 1, p. 50-51).

This teaching caused no little controversy among the Mormons. Young responded with an article in the Deseret News where he declared:

“How much unbelief exists in the minds of the Latter-day Saints in regard to one particular doctrine which is revealed to them, and which God revealed to me – namely that Adam is our father and God. . . . Our Father Adam is the man who stands at the gate and holds the keys of everlasting life and salvation to all his children who have or ever will come upon the earth” (Deseret Weekly News, June 18, 1873, p. 308).'

Brigham Young’s Adam-God Doctrine

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regardless of his false Mormon beliefs, Brigham Young was quite an outstanding personality of his time. Apparently he had up to 55 wives and 57 children from them. So an outstanding polygamist also!

'Young taught that:

“When the Virgin Mary conceived the child Jesus, the Father had begotten him in his own likeness. He was not begotten by the Holy Ghost. And who is the Father? He is the first of the human family; and when he took a tabernacle, it was begotten by his Father in heaven, after the same manner as the tabernacles of Cain, Abel, and the rest of the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve; from the fruits of the earth, the first earthly tabernacles were originated by the Father, and so on in succession” (Journal of Discourses, vol. 1, p. 50-51).

This teaching caused no little controversy among the Mormons. Young responded with an article in the Deseret News where he declared:

“How much unbelief exists in the minds of the Latter-day Saints in regard to one particular doctrine which is revealed to them, and which God revealed to me – namely that Adam is our father and God. . . . Our Father Adam is the man who stands at the gate and holds the keys of everlasting life and salvation to all his children who have or ever will come upon the earth” (Deseret Weekly News, June 18, 1873, p. 308).'

1) LDS Christians only believe in automatic infallibility for one single person on this earth: Christ.
2) Journal of Discourses isn't remotely an LDS Christian doctrinal source.
3) A newspaper definitely is not a doctrinal source either.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tzcho2, I would happily answer anyone questions or respond to anyone's post *assuming* that they are actually interested in the answer. CI is not remotely interested and has made that abundantly clear. Hence, responding is a total waste of time.
It's like someone who smokes crack saying they don't touch drugs.
Some of us investigated this topic in depth a long time ago. This isn't my first rodeo.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

'Young taught that:

So odd to watch some some on a Christian forum want to rush to support a False prophet like Brigham Young and attack someone who merely posts the Facts about these false prophets & their false doctrines so watch your back brother Enoch111 .

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...so watch your back brother Enoch111 .
I was definitely not defending Brigham Young, just pointing out that he was quite a personality of his time. I also posted his false Adam-God doctrine, and Journal of Discourses is definitely UNOFFICIAL Mormon doctrine.

"The Journal of Discourses includes interesting and insightful teachings by early Church leaders; however, by itself it is not an authoritative source of Church doctrine."
Journal of Discourses

We see here that the LDS church is trying to waffle about the authority of the publication. But the Joseph Smith Foundation tells us the truth:

The Journal of Discourses deservedly ranks as one of the standard works of the Church, and every rightminded Saint will certainly welcome with joy every number (issue) as it comes forth. —
President George Q. Cannon, Journal of Discourses, Preface, Volume 8.
Journal of Discourses Online – The Joseph Smith Foundation®

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's like someone who smokes crack saying they don't touch drugs.
Some of us investigated this topic in depth a long time ago. This isn't my first rodeo.
Sitting around watching smearing YouTube videos isn't research.
Sitting you butt in a pew, opening your ears, and trying really hard to understand what this person believes, counts as real research.
Oh if only you knew the truth.
As soon as you've sat in so many pews, earnestly studying, as I have in your church, mine, and many others, then we can talk about the truth of what each group believes/

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sitting around watching smearing YouTube videos isn't research.
Sitting you butt in a pew, opening your ears, and trying really hard to understand what this person believes, counts as real research.

As soon as you've sat in so many pews, earnestly studying, as I have in your church, mine, and many others, then we can talk about the truth of what each group believes/
The veneer doesn't matter it is the content of LDS that is out of the same polluted stagnant well. The simple fact is any religion is what the core teachings are & it is revealed in the spiritual books & out of the mouths of their alleged prophets & leaders. History records their lives.
None is hidden , the material is all researchable. I first looked at it 10 plus yrs ago.
Btw, the testimonies of the Ex: Mormons who came out of this cult are by lovely people who have been through trauma of realizing they were mislead and the fact that you try to smear these good people is just the icing on the cake. That's what happens to them by the other members of this LDS cult. They are shunned , they lose family, friends & business associates because they are seen as betrayers of this counterfeit religion. :(