Brothers and sisters in Afghanistan

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Let us pray for the Christians in Afghanistan who will face increased persecution at the hands of the Taliban expecially now that they have taken over control of the government.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Save O Lord and have mercy upon the old, the young, the needy, the orphans and the widows, and all that are in sickness and in sorrow, in distress and affliction, in oppression and captivity, in prison and confinement. More especially have mercy upon Your servants who are under persecution for Your sake and for the sake of the Christian faith at the hands of heathen nations, of apostates, and of heretics. Remember them, visit, strengthen, keep and comfort them, and make haste to grant them by Your power, relief, freedom and deliverance.

Amen.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God, I ask that You'd strengthen our brethren in Afghanistan with Your Spirit of power and might so that when they are faced with the harshness that is coming, they'd stand with a boldness that would be a witness to their persecutors that You are in their midst.
I ask that You would do the same for us also. In Jesus' name I ask, amen.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that this section is for prayers only but since this topic was opened, I wanted to add some thoughts here.

Every day I look at new pictures from Afghanistan and it breaks my heart when I see the level of desperation in people. Women and children are crushed in tight crowds, people collapse to death from dehydration, teenagers falling from planes trying to give themselves a better life and future.
Makes me think that I’m blessed for living the life that I do but it also breaks my heart for seeing such misery, suffering and desperation.
I hope and pray that God reaches people’s hearts so they have more consideration and respect for their fellow human beings.
I hope and pray that the world gets together and helps the Afghan people through humanitarian relief and other means.