Building our faith to get out of debt.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
God says that debt is bondage. When we purchase things we do not have the money for we end up being in bondage to the lender and captive to them to pay it back. They can take your house, your car, your belongings, even your children and spouse in the olden days. They became slaves.
In fact when we work for someone we are their slaves. We must do what they say as they have hired us to do their bidding.
That is why I choose to do my own work so that I am not captive to a master over me to do his will.
But if you do find that you have debt that you can not pay.. if you are serious about being out from under debt to owe no man anything but the debt of love. Then why would not a loving Father help His child to repay that debt to set him free?
God is trying to get us to live debt free and to pay our debts owed to teach us how to live solely on faith in Him as our provider and not the world of the ungodly.
God can make a way where there seems to be no way if we seek His guidance on how to pay back and stay out of debt for good.
We are the children of the King, we should not need to beg borrow or steal to eat or meet our needs and God rewards us for acts of integrity and good character to learn how to be a lender to the poor not a borrower. It is not money that is evil... it is when we LOVE money more that righteousness and will do anything to gain it even forsaking Christ.
If you are in debt and honestly desire to be set free with no intensions of getting yourself in that bondage again.. call upon the name of the LORD and ask that He help you to do what is right in His sight by giving you work or way to pay that debt off and don't let yourself to be entangled again.
Debt is of the devil... it tempts you with the desired thing to buy with money you don't have. Then once you bring it home for a few days it becomes old news and undesirable but guess what?? Here comes the bill of bondage that you have to pay for the next months or years until it is paid, WITH INTEREST.
Cash is Best but layaway is the better way if you do not have the money up front.
They hold the item while you dream of your reward as you work hard to gain it.. then when the item is paid for, then comes your reward and no sorrows with it for it is FULLY PAID and you can enjoy it now.

Never pay for a job until they have finished it.. for when you do they have their reward and in most cases they will not stay hard at it to do a good job or timely job. Always dangle the carrot so they can see it, but do not feed them till the job is done to satisfaction.
That is why Jesus did not feed the 5,000 till AFTER they first stayed to feed upon the spiritual meal. For any hostess knows if you put out the refreshments before the orders are taken.. they will eat and run before you can get down to business. You must leave the rewards till the end of a thing.

PS. When we ask God to help us financially then we are required to give back to the kingdom of God for the poor saints in Jerusalem a portion in keeping as the God has prospered us weekly according to:

1 Cor 16:1 Now concerning the collection{PLATE} for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
3 And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem.
KJV