But as for the COWARDLY, the faithless, the detestable, their portion will be the second death

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Revelation 21:

7 The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 8 But
here comes the contrast:

as for the cowardly,
The cowardly are too scared to fight the good fight of faith (1 Timothy 6:12).

the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”
Gill's explained the cowardly were:

such who are of cowardly spirits, and are not valiant for the truth, but who, through fear of men, either make no profession of Christ and his Gospel, or having made it, drop it, lest they should be exposed to tribulation and persecution.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 21:

here comes the contrast:

The cowardly are too scared to fight the good fight of faith (1 Timothy 6:12).

Gill's explained the cowardly were:
Right--not "fear" as in "I have fear of heights," or "I'm claustrophobic," but rather, "fear" as in "I want to be in with the popular crowd, to be able to mock those beneath me." They're afraid to be associated with those who stand up for something the world mocks and detests. They don't deserve Heaven at all.

Reactions: TonyChanYT