By his stripes we are healed. Really?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets address that with salvation. It is indeed "guaranteed". But only if I LAY HOLD OF IT.

Holy living is guaranteed. But only if I operate under the guidelines of victory and the power of the Holy Spirit. (laying hold of it)

Healing was guaranteed and illustrated by the woman Jesus called a dog. She laid hold of it so beautifully, one translation has Jesus saying "you can have anything you ask"

healing and salvation are BOTH GUARANTEED. Not to doubters and those that center in experience and logic. Not to those that are unlearned of the healing verses. Not to those that see ALL THOSE VERSES AS "not Gods will" ," wrong timing", " I get to stay sick because of pauls words", "pauls words void out any hope of praying and applying Gods promises of healing"
Rather, both are only if I LAY HOLD OF IT

My bible says it is a faith walk.
my bible says w/o faith I will get nothing.
My bible is full of promises.
promises of "ask you you WILL RECIEVE".

...BUT WITH CONDITIONS.

...and yet those verses do not even remotely prove God is a "maybe God"

No, all that is what i am talking about. It is you HOPING to find a verse that matches your unbelief.
And the cessationist ALWAYS DOES JUST THAT USING PAUL.
You are painting God as a "maybe God" The man of faith is like David. (the devil loses every time.)
I MEAN EVERY SINGLE TIME.
VICTORY IS SURE.

Once you realize what we have, IT IS THEN , that you will pursue it.
The man of faith is illustrated in a movie, "walking tall"
They said "Buford, you can not stop them"
He said "i will stop them"
They said "how you gonna stop them, they are too powerful"
He said "I don't know, BUT I AM GONNA STOP THEM"

cessationists NEVER invoke the authority of the believer. It is THE AUTHORITY of the BELEIVER, and the written word, that gets the job done.
Who can wield that sword??????

ONLY THE MAN OF FAITH.
I've told you I'm not a cessationist, and you insist on referring to me as that. I cannot conclude that this makes you a virtuous Christian.

You offer anecdotal evidence as proof of your theology, but I offer actual Scriptures, which indicate that Healing is not available "on demand." You have not answered any of these things--you just continue to assert your views as if repetition is proof of something. (Some of my Scriptural backing comes from other threads.)

I give you Job, Paul, and there are friends of Paul who weren't immediately healed. In fact, illness is viewed, biblically, as healed sometimes over the course of time or immediately, as by a miracle. Sometimes the illness or problem isn't "healed" at all. A descendant of King Saul was not healed of his lameness at all. David's baby from Bathsheba died. The Apostle John said we should not always even pray (1 John 5), and Paul said we should not lay hands suddenly on anybody. We have to be discerning in anything we do.

Israel was thrown into judgment, and she was not restored immediately. In some cases, answers to prayer for deliverance came sooner rather than later. And sometimes they come later rather than sooner.

How long, for example, did it take for Israel to be delivered from Egypt? It certainly wasn't an immediate thing. How long did it take for Israel to be restored after the Babylonian Captivity? It took 70 years.

We simply can't make rules for God. We can only look at how He's operated in the past. What we can count on is that He wants to restore. But there is a process. Sometimes we may receive an immediate answer. At other times, such as in one case with Daniel, the answer took a number of days.

It is often connected to problems associated with repentance, and sometimes it has to do with our living in an imperfect world. Until you answer these things, you are just airing a view without thinking critically about your position.

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that is absolutely untrue. Healing ultimately is provided for in terms of our immortalization at the resurrection. But healing cannot be guaranteed in the present environment, in the present age, because blessings are limited in a world that remains contaminated by pagans, and in a world where we ourselves continue to be infected by Sin. Christ himself, in all of his perfection, did not come to earth to be strictly blessed, free of all suffering. On the contrary, he came to ultimately die on the cross.

Under this "God is a maybe God" template, you will never know ANYTHING for sure.
IOW...no faith for answered prayer.
Do you ANY prayer a person can pray and get an answer?????
Your post scrambles up who is saying what.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
promises are passive and proactive.
we enjoy a portion in the passive dynamic.
The rest is proactive.
YOU MUST LAY HOLD OF IT.
You may wish to lay hold of a thousand pound anvil, and you still won't be able to lift it. You'll need help from above. One cannot manipulate God. You cannot humanize God, or reduce Him to the level of being *your servant.* Faith Doctrine is an attempt to force God to fit into a little box you can control. Good luck with that.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is why you are not biblical but have theories of why it does not work all the time.
Like I said . . . I'm just passing along to you what the Apostle wrote. You can believe it or not believe it, that's up to you. But you don't have the choice whether to change what he wrote, having been inspired by God.

Much love!