By his stripes we are healed. Really?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
King James Bible, Isaiah 53:

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Is this about physical healing or spiritual healing?

Matthew understood that as both. It does not mean that we can insist on it every time that we are sick. There is no guarantee that believers will always be physically healed by his stripes. There is 100% guarantee that by his stripes, our relationship with God is always restored if we believe, 1 Peter 2:

24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.

Physically, sometimes. Spiritually, always.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew understood that as both. It does not mean that we can insist on it every time that we are sick. There is no guarantee that believers will always be physically healed by his stripes. There is 100% guarantee that by his stripes, our relationship with God is always restored if we believe, 1 Peter 2:

You are so-o right! I've been hearing this quoted, in my Pentecostal circles, for decades, and I think it is terribly misguided and used as "Faith Doctrine." I'm a Faith person, but certainly don't wish to make such beliefs into a Faith Doctrine! And no, God cannot be held "to His Word," as Faith Doctrine advocates say--as if we can manipulate God into doing what we want Him to do! ;) He is Lord, and we must do what *He* wants us to do!

I think the context of this passage is having to do with this common sense of God's promise to Israel to restore them when they repent and return to obeying God's Word. If we humble ourselves and pray, God will restore our nation. Generally, we will get back on the right track with God if we return to doing things His way.

Restoration can mean God heals some of our sicknesses, for sure. But it isn't meant to guarantee anything. Even ministering the healing power of God to others is a matter of prayer and spiritual guidance. Everything from God must take place through revelation, and not by logic or by manipulating God into doing what we think He promised to do.

I think we should expect God to show Himself to be supernatural and powerful, expressing love in a great variety of ways. But we should never try to coax God into doing what we think He should do. Let's ask and leave the answers to God. If He chooses to reveal supernatural healing and grants a ministry of miraculous healing to someone, then we can rely on the revelation God gives them. If it doesn't turn out, these "healers" don't deserve our respect.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Or salvation.
Jesus died on the cross for the salvation of the whole world
No guarantee people will receive it.
In fact many do not.
Is that also valid?
Healing is supplied.
Healing is a promise.
Salvation and healing must be laid ahold of.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

if you believe healing is not provided for, it is your extra biblical belief.

Why anyone would choose that is beyond me.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, really.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When was the last time you were sick?
Kenneth Hagin claimed he had "Divine Health," but he's, of course, dead. He bragged that nobody in his congregation even died, which could certainly be true for a time.

But how silly! He likely had a supernatural gift of Faith, and may have evidenced that. But turning Faith Healing into Faith Doctrine is certainly inconsistent and false, in my opinion. All of his congregation have either died or will die. And as I said, Hagin himself is dead!

Kenneth Copeland "prophesied" that Trump would win the last election. He lost, even if the election was "rigged." Are we to believe him when he teaches Faith Doctrine, as well?

Faith Healing is a gift, and is not subject to our will, but only to God's guidance. We should not turn what is to be "led by the Lord" into a doctrine that we can manipulate at will. We *cannot* manipulate God!

Those who claim Faith Healing is a Doctrine that guarantees God will heal us do get sick and will die. Why is this even taught and believed in?

Even those who Jesus healed during his earthly ministry eventually died. Faith Healing is here to show that God is supernatural and still shows Himself and His power in the midst of those who obey Him and love Him.

But until we receive immortal bodies, the message is not primarily healing of our mortal bodies, but rather, the fact we will receive new immortal bodies. Let's focus on that?

We should just trust God in whatever circumstances we find ourselves. And we should stay within our own given lanes. God gives gifts of one kind to some and gifts of another kind to others. He can orchestrate it without help from us!

Reactions: Nancy and Cassandra

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kenneth Hagin claimed he had "Divine Health," but he's, of course, dead. He bragged that nobody in his congregation even died, which could certainly be true for a time.

But how silly! He likely had a supernatural gift of Faith, and may have evidenced that. But turning Faith Healing into Faith Doctrine is certainly inconsistent and false, in my opinion. All of his congregation have either died or will die. And as I said, Hagin himself is dead!

Kenneth Copeland "prophesied" that Trump would win the last election. He lost, even if the election was "rigged." Are we to believe him when he teaches Faith Doctrine, as well?

Faith Healing is a gift, and is not subject to our will, but only to God's guidance. We should not turn what is to be "led by the Lord" into a doctrine that we can manipulate at will. We *cannot* manipulate God!

Those who claim Faith Healing is a Doctrine that guarantees God will heal us do get sick and will die. Why is this even taught and believed in?

Even those who Jesus healed during his earthly ministry eventually died. Faith Healing is here to show that God is supernatural and still shows Himself and His power in the midst of those who obey Him and love Him.

But until we receive immortal bodies, the message is not primarily healing of our mortal bodies, but rather, the fact we will receive new immortal bodies. Let's focus on that?

We should just trust God in whatever circumstances we find ourselves. And we should stay within our own given lanes. God gives gifts of one kind to some and gifts of another kind to others. He can orchestrate it without help from us!
Every baptist has been wrong multiple times.
Sorry, no perfect world.
You having dirt on the body of Christ is the devils playground.
How ironic.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or salvation.
Jesus died on the cross for the salvation of the whole world
No guarantee people will receive it.
In fact many do not.
Is that also valid?
Healing is supplied.
Healing is a promise.
Salvation and healing must be laid ahold of.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every baptist has been wrong multiple times.
Sorry, no perfect world.
You having dirt on the body of Christ is the devils playground.
How ironic.
Lies and misleading doctrines are the Devil's Playground. They need to be exposed. What people whisper in secret should be shouted from the housetops. Never be afraid of the truth when the motive is right.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know that salvation is for everyone?
How do you know if it's God's will for the guy standing on the street corner to be saved?.
Now we all know that it's God's will for everyone to be saved unless you're all tangled up in some extra biblical Doctrine.
Healing is the same exact thing. It is not God's will for you to be sick. No matter how much you're hoping that you're going to get sick and it's going to be somehow originating from God for whatever reason you can conjure up... it is not from God.
We have an enemy, you can call him the devil you can call him Satan or just call him the enemy.

and my Bible tells me from the words of Jesus that the Devil comes to steal to kill and to destroy

my Bible also says in the words of Jesus that Jesus came that we might have life and that more abundantly.
My Bible also says that Jesus calling us evil, says that we know not to put a serpent or a scorpion in the hand of our child if he ask for bread.
Now I wonder why God calls that evil? It is because of the testimony.

if God put a scorpion or a serpent in a child's hand (cancer or sickness),it would speak evil of heaven ,and God, which goes against God's testimony.
Now both Isaiah and Peter said "... by his stripes we are and were healed."
That tells you right there healing is a promise and healing is a possession.
That also gives me Authority, because now I can pray in faith, knowing that it is God's will for every single human being to be healed.

We know this for a fact ,and yet some actually hope that that's not even true, and that there is a different Jesus, and there is a different God in heaven, and he's very unconcerned of whether you're sick laying in a bed dying of some disease.

they actually ascribe that to God's will. They actually ascribe evil to the testimony of God.
Not me, and thank you JESUS for your word.

Last edited:

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you see a doctor?
no doctor. No medicine.
Prayed for 3 weeks for healing. No change, only got worse.
Then Jesus came.
THANK YOU JESUS.
Was better the next day. Actually got out of bed and ate. Had not eaten for 3 weeks.
Lost 35 lbs.
What an amazing God.
All those weeks of praying for God to heal me and I only got worse all the time.
Then Jesus came.!!!!
He said "you don't need healing you need Deliverance".
I immediately went to work on that spoken word.
I already had the written word, so I knew healing was my portion.
I knew healing was God's will.
So I started rebuking the enemy. I commanded that thing from hell to leave me and never come back. I evicted that evil thing by the power and the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. Blessed be his Holy Name!!!!
This is why it's so important to know who you are, and know what your inheritance is ,and know what belongs to you.

We have promises. Those are God's promises to his children even the woman that Jesus called a dog had enough sense to lay a hold of that revelation.
How marvelous of Jesus to say "healing is the childrens bread"

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lies and misleading doctrines are the Devil's Playground. They need to be exposed. What people whisper in secret should be shouted from the housetops. Never be afraid of the truth when the motive is right.
Yep
Every denomination has them.
Look at your error.
How ironic

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look how evil saul was.
David said he would not touch him.
That will preach.
Attack the devil, not Gods men.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know that salvation is for everyone?
How do you know if it's God's will for the guy standing on the street corner to be saved?.
Now we all know that it's God's will for everyone to be saved unless you're all tangled up in some extra biblical Doctrine.
Healing is the same exact thing. It is not God's will for you to be sick. No matter how much you're hoping that you're going to get sick and it's going to be somehow originating from God for whatever reason you can conjure up... it is not from God.
We have an enemy, you can call him the devil you can call him Satan or just call him the enemy.

and my Bible tells me from the words of Jesus that the Devil comes to steal to kill and to destroy

my Bible also says in the words of Jesus that Jesus came that we might have life and that more abundantly.
My Bible also says that Jesus calling us evil, says that we know not to put a serpent or a scorpion in the hand of our child if he ask for bread.
Now I wonder why God calls that evil? It is because of the testimony.

if God put a scorpion or a serpent in a child's hand (cancer or sickness),it would speak evil of heaven ,and God, which goes against God's testimony.
Now both Isaiah and Peter said "... by his stripes we are and were healed."
That tells you right there healing is a promise and healing is a possession.
That also gives me Authority, because now I can pray in faith, knowing that it is God's will for every single human being to be healed.

We know this for a fact ,and yet some actually hope that that's not even true, and that there is a different Jesus, and there is a different God in heaven, and he's very unconcerned of whether you're sick laying in a bed dying of some disease.

they actually ascribe that to God's will. They actually ascribe evil to the testimony of God.
Not me, and thank you JESUS for your word.
That isn't remotely Jesus' word. You misrepresent the God of the Bible. There have been zero evidence that saints don't get sick and die. ;)

When you misrepresent God in this way, you set people up for discouragement when their "claim of healing" doesn't happen, when bad things happen. Those like Job would abandon their faith on this basis. Paul even boasted of his sufferings--he never "claimed" he was immune from it.

You need to get off of Faith Doctrine and the "Faith" advocates who mislead you, sincere or not, on a regular basis, selling Christianity for the promise of miracles and healings. They need to get back to preaching the Gospel--then they will properly deserve financial support.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look how evil saul was.
David said he would not touch him.
That will preach.
Attack the devil, not Gods men.
Paul regularly challenged good and bad Christians when they were off track. We should do the same. Do you need proof of this? Don't you know the Scriptures?

You should be afraid to be too soft towards those in ministry who are misleading fellow Christians. To be silent is to assent to what wrongs they are doing. We should *help* our brothers by correcting them.