By Love Serve One Another

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How are we to go about fulfilling the commandment of Jesus to love as He does? Jesus said that the greatest of all is the servant of all. When we bear the burdens of others, we fulfill the law of Christ.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For a start we need to be Born Again to know what God’s Love is...His Spirit is Love, we know that when “ Spirit gives birth to spirit..my opinion/ testimony and belief.

We must know God’s Love first....as He Loved us first.

Short commentary.

The Holy Spirit gives us the power to love. As a result, the more you allow God's Spirit to control you, the more you will love God (and others) because the Spirit is loving through you and teaching you how to love(Romans 5:5, Ephesians 5:1-2).

100% true, imo....that short commentary.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For a start we need to be Born Again to know what God’s Love is...His Spirit is Love, we know that when “ Spirit gives birth to spirit..my opinion/ testimony and belief.

Perhaps for rich people and the wicked. But there are many in poor countries who will give you the shirt off their back. Like the woman who give all she had...the widow's two mites.

We can be SO indoctrinated as to think all people are as selfish as we are or were.
Short commentary.

The Holy Spirit gives us the power to love. As a result, the more you allow God's Spirit to control you, the more you will love God (and others) because the Spirit is loving through you and teaching you how to love(Romans 5:5, Ephesians 5:1-2).

For love on that level yes. Fully sacrificial...letting go of control to God in full surrender. But we can serve one another without that level of sacrifice.

This thread and the podcast is about doing what we can TOWARDS those who live sacrificially for Christ. Even non-believers do this. See Matt. 25...sheep and goats.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Perhaps for rich people and the wicked. But there are many in poor countries who will give you the shirt off their back. Like the woman who give all she had...the widow's two mites.

We can be SO indoctrinated as to think all people are as selfish as we are or were.
Indoctrination by who?.what I know came from the Spirit of God leading me through and bringing me to understand His word via His Spirit....man has never taught me.
That’s their human love. I don’t think I mentioned anything about selfishness..only what I believe above..unless I’m misunderstanding...

You cannot Love anyone like God does without His Spirit residing in our spirit.
For love on that level yes. Fully sacrificial...letting go of control to God in full surrender. But we can serve one another without that level of sacrifice.

This thread and the podcast is about doing what we can TOWARDS those who live sacrificially for Christ. Even non-believers do this. See Matt. 25...sheep and goats.
Well, God does say that those without His Spirit are none of His...

Please explain how you can live sacrificialy for Christ, without first knowing Him via His Living Spirit?

We must be Born of The Spirit...then ,that’s it, we belong to God...He birthed our spirit into His....Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Another short commentary.

The essence of this idea of sacrifice is that we are to be willing to offer ourselves to God. The truest sacrifice we can make is to try and live according to His purposes for our lives. Paul says that true freedom comes when we unquestioningly turn to service of God. It's ceasing to live only for ourselves.

We can’t do any of the above unless we are Born Again/ that our spirit is Born Again...that is my opinion/ belief.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Perhaps for rich people and the wicked
Please explain what you are saying here?

Do you believe this short commentary?

Just my 2 cents here.....Not my will Lord....You Will be done through me....

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please explain what you are saying here?

We can love people naturally. We can love others as ourselves...as poor people do in third world countries.
Do you believe this short commentary?

Just my 2 cents here.....Not my will Lord....You Will be done through me....
Sure. We love as Jesus loves through the Spirit.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We can love others as ourselves...as poor people do in third world countries.
Hmmm, you might want to remind the poor cannibals as they give you a cup of cold water before cooking you for dinner, lol. Or shrinking your head, or scalping you, or stealing from you, or doing what some poor folks did to Israelis on Oct. 7 recently, or the poor Boko Haran soldiers who steal school girls and hack their families to death. The human race is lost without the Saviour and that's a fact. Some folks sure do need to get rid of their rose-coloured glasses and stop singing Kumbaya and let's-all-join-hands-around-the-campfire songs. There is both good and evil in people in the fallen state......you know, from that Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.........and it all falls short of the glory.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Short commentary.

Born again . Born again . Anyone who is born again would never reject Christ as the MESSIAH , the savoir .
Always keep that in memory . For the SPIRIT testifies OF JESUS CHRIST . never of muhammed and etc
and good works . The SPIRIT would never preach a love that nullifies in any way the DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE on JESUS the CHRIST .
For those who are BORN again have been BORN of THE SPIRIT ............
always keep that in memory . Because many now come and try and plant an idea
that other religoins are born again if they just have this form of doing good to one another .
That aint testifying of JESUS CHRIST . rather only parts of what he said while omitting the DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON HIM .
I KNOW of only ONE WHO WOULD EVER DARE to do such a thing .
and its the same one who told eve , NAY ye shall not die ........................
only now it sayeth surely ye shall not perish if ye believe not that JESUS IS THE CHRIST ...........
he lied then , he lies now . only we born again aint gonna heed that voice at all sister . we is gonna point
TO the dire need to BELEIVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST and To love thy neighbor as thyself .
Now hit them trenches rita . and let the LORD be praised

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Born again . Born again . Anyone who is born again would never reject Christ as the MESSIAH , the savoir .
Always keep that in memory . For the SPIRIT testifies OF JESUS CHRIST . never of muhammed and etc
and good works . The SPIRIT would never preach a love that nullifies in any way the DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE on JESUS the CHRIST .
For those who are BORN again have been BORN of THE SPIRIT ............
always keep that in memory . Because many now come and try and plant an idea
that other religoins are born again if they just have this form of doing good to one another .
That aint testifying of JESUS CHRIST . rather only parts of what he said while omitting the DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON HIM .
I KNOW of only ONE WHO WOULD EVER DARE to do such a thing .
and its the same one who told eve , NAY ye shall not die ........................
only now it sayeth surely ye shall not perish if ye believe not that JESUS IS THE CHRIST ...........
he lied then , he lies now . only we born again aint gonna heed that voice at all sister . we is gonna point
TO the dire need to BELEIVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST and To love thy neighbor as thyself .
Now hit them trenches rita . and let the LORD be praised
Amen brother. Some are tares and false brethren and others fall away and stop enduring sound doctrine. I think those who are younger in the Lord and not as established in the faith might be more vulnerable to being deceived and being led astray by false teachers. There sure is a spirit of deception around these days....and it IS deceptive.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be quite honest , any religoin is vile , due to it cannot save . Even the kindest of buddists
walk in darkness and are under the power and influence of satan .
THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY to be set free from the POWER of satan and of darkness .
And JESUS told this to paul who later tells it to king agrippa in acts chapter twenty and six .
BY FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST . and that be a fact .
NOW I know , i know many will say but hey judger , there are GOOD people in every religoin
TO which i say , TELL YA WHAT , show me one person WHO IS GOOD and has not fallen short of the GLORY OF GOD
and i will show you THEY HAVE and there are NONE WHO IS GOOD but GOD .
the bible can easily close the mouth of a liar . TRUTH wins everytime in any debate .
SO i give us a challenge . I want you and anyone to go out and find me ONE , just ONE
person who has never sinned , who has never fallen short of the glory of GOD , SHOW ME ONE WHO IS GOOD
in the EYES OF GOD . meanwhile i will continue to POINT TO THE ONLY ONE WHO WAS AND IS , JESUS THE CHRIST .
now how bout we preach the dire need to believe on HIM and all things HE did teach .
HERE let me sum it up .
TO BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST and TO LOVE THY NEIGHBOR as THYSELF . that sums it all up RIGHT THERE FOLKS .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen brother. Some are tares and false brethren and others fall away and stop enduring sound doctrine. I think those who are younger in the Lord and not as established in the faith might be more vulnerable to being deceived and being led astray by false teachers. There sure is a spirit of deception around these days....and it IS deceptive.
OH ITS HIGHLY DECEPTIVE . a very strong delusion to unify the world and her religoins has been unleashed
under the guise its love and its of GOD .
WHILE IT SPEAKS NON STOP about loving thy neighbor , IT WONT SAY , BELEIVE ON JESUS CHRIST and love they
neighbor . and it sure do honor some sins too . THIS IS A VERY HEAVY DELUSION . an all out reprobation of minds
and a religoin of totally reprobate love has taken hold upon this world and her religoins .
And GOD has indeed been very longsuffering .
But when a peoples , a nation , and yes even folks within christendom
REFUSE to repent , refuse to heed , and more so they do anything and everything to remove GOD , biblcal truth
from society and worse from even within christendom
WHAT DO GOD DO . read romans one , and EVEN as THEY DID NOT LIKE to retain GOD in their conscious
so HE DO WHAT ...........................THIS WORLD and worse christendom IS Reaping the very winds IT HAS SOWN TOO
and now all are being gathered under a deceptoin , a delusion to beleive A LIE , A LOVE that will NOT SAVE THEM
that is a FACT SISTER and times running out , for soon the wrath of GOD WILL COME AGAINST this unifed world and her religoins
for what she thinks will usher in PEACE N SAFETY . BUT WILL ONLY INCUR THE WRATH OF ALLL MIGHTY GOD
and of THE LAMB against this unified mindset and all who beleive a lie and had rejected the love of the truth
whereby they could have been saved . THIS IS WHAT IS GOING ON NOW . and many are falling for it sister .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm, you might want to remind the poor cannibals as they give you a cup of cold water before cooking you for dinner, lol. Or shrinking your head, or scalping you, or stealing from you, or doing what some poor folks did to Israelis on Oct. 7 recently, or the poor Boko Haran soldiers who steal school girls and hack their families to death. The human race is lost without the Saviour and that's a fact. Some folks sure do need to get rid of their rose-coloured glasses and stop singing Kumbaya and let's-all-join-hands-around-the-campfire songs. There is both good and evil in people in the fallen state......you know, from that Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.........and it all falls short of the glory.
somewhere along the line the COMMANDMENT TO BELIEVE JESUS IS THE CHRIST and TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER
got replace with JUST LOVE ONE ANOTHER . that wont bode well at all ON THE DAY OF THE LORD .
JESUS GOT BOOTED OUT . and a love that wont preach the dire need to FIRST BELIEVE ON HIM
but rather just says do good to one another REPLACED THE ONE TRUE GOSPEL . AND THAT AINT GONNA BODE
well for any and for all who in any way TOOK PART IN IT . WE REALLY SHOULD have STUCK TO THE ORIGINAL GOSPEL
and pattern LEFT to us in the bible . TOO many now follow and heed another jesus
and another god and man it aint gonna save them either , it wont be able
to deliver the very peace n safety it promises , they will end under SUDDEN DESTRUCTION .
and man i dont want that for folks . SO ME IS STICKING TO THE PREACHING OF THE ONE TRUE GOSPEL
which SAYS YE MUST BELIEVE IN JESUS THE CHRIST , BELIEVE that GOD has rose HIM from the dead
confess HIM BY mouth and love thy neighbor as thyself .
SPEAKING of love thy neighbor as thyself . YE SHALL NOT HATE your neighbor in your heart ,
you shall correct , rebuke them and not allow sin upon them .
WELL ALLOWING THE SIN OF UNBELIEF is perhaps the worst of all .
FOR IF THEY BELIEVE NOT THAT JESUS IS THE CHRIST , well THEY DIE IN THEIR SINS .
and JESUS IS Not the ministir of sins either . THEY CANT EVEN LOVE THEIR NEIGHBOR right .

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SPEAKING of love thy neighbor as thyself . YE SHALL NOT HATE your neighbor in your heart ,
you shall correct , rebuke them and not allow sin upon them .
You should also care for them, and be kind. You know, you can be kind. No good reason to preach with a constant rebuke.
How would you lead someone to Christ, amigo? What would you tell them about Him? Use the Roman road?

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should also care for them, and be kind. You know, you can be kind. No good reason to preach with a constant rebuke.
How would you lead someone to Christ, amigo? What would you tell them about Him? Use the Roman road?
I have witnessed to a muslim man . IF i knew where he was now
i would have you to go and ask him . Rather odd indeed would be his report to you all .
IT would not be what you all expect to hear . The man thought i was very kind and nice . SUPRISED My dear friend .
But i sure did let him know the truth . Heck one day i even bought him some food to his work
and talked more with him . SUPRISED cassandra .
SOme here thinks me a hater just cause i am quite grave and do often rebuke our fellow believers .
YEAH the religon is of satan . just as is every other religion .
BUT the LORD always has given me the CORRECT words to say to folks i witness too
My biggest problem has sadly been with ...............any guesses , SO CALLED PROFESSED christains .
AInt that sad . they accuse me the most by far of any one . chalk that one up sister . SAD days indeed .

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes indeed i have witnessed . heck even to gays .
two i worked with . wanna hear something .
I was never mean to any of them . One day
i was telling NICK about the dire need to believe on Christ and etc
and about homosexuality . The man went ballastic . now wait for it .
Later , maybe about a month
me and timothy were talking . timothy brought up the question of how do i view
homosexuality . so i calmly explained it .
To which he said i disagree . we talked a bit more .
Now about a bit of time after that OL timothy was in trouble
with his rent . He went to stock the shelfs in the back .
WHEN he came back and cup with some money was waiting for him .
YAH he was suprised . now he too was gay .
He brought up something about nick . I said man ol nick thinks i am the biggest hater .
TO which timothy said , NO WAY DUDE you are the nicest person i know .
both were gay . I soon left to another store .
I hope they repented . But yeah i do know how to talk and to act .
BUT man at the other store
the second one finds out you are christain who dont agree with certain sins
BELEIVE You me they will bring in about every gay friend they can find
and try and INTIMIDATE . didnt work .
And as far as tolerance . wait till you hear this story that happened to me .
In came a man and went to get some food .
Now he comes up to the register . the lady , named beth
said Hello mam. NOW that suprised me and i looked at beth
and said YOU just called him a mam . BOY if looks could kill
that man said I AM A MAM , and wanted me to call him a mam .
DIDNT happen , i just sat and looked at him in silence . LET me tell ya that was one HUGE DUDE TOO
a black man in a blonde wig . BUT , but within two days
that store had more and more coming in and saying loud remarks , of course i kept silent and ignored it .
TALK ABOUT TOLERANCE . seemth to be THEY HAVE NONE . just a reminder .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A religious Pharisee only sees in black and white. The good..that's them, and the evil, everyone else. And these religious types love to judge others...others who so often are so much closer to the truth..obeying the commandments that the religious ones see as vain works. O, the wisdom of God. To harden the hearts of the filthy ones (the pretenders to holiness) and save the righteous who are humble and God-fearing.

My advice to the religious ones...get out and travel to poor countries....not just rich resorts. Stop navel gazing, and self-justifying...and learn to love others. Learn to see things as God sees them.....with eyes of mercy and compassion. Those things you will not see very often in rich countries.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have witnessed to a muslim man . IF i knew where he was now
i would have you to go and ask him . Rather odd indeed would be his report to you all .
IT would not be what you all expect to hear . The man thought i was very kind and nice . SUPRISED My dear friend .
But i sure did let him know the truth . Heck one day i even bought him some food to his work
and talked more with him . SUPRISED cassandra .
SOme here thinks me a hater just cause i am quite grave and do often rebuke our fellow believers .
YEAH the religon is of satan . just as is every other religion .
BUT the LORD always has given me the CORRECT words to say to folks i witness too
My biggest problem has sadly been with ...............any guesses , SO CALLED PROFESSED christains .
AInt that sad . they accuse me the most by far of any one . chalk that one up sister . SAD days indeed .
Taking on a religious bent doesn't save anyone. It just puffs up a religious ego...so that a person feels they are justified in their own eyes, and they are now qualified to condemn others. But that is the way of death. There is a way that seems right to the ego driven mind...

But we are saved through love. The commandments are to love. There is SO MUCH ignorance of the higher walk in Christ. To walk in the Spirit is to walk in God's love....the fourth dimension (spiritual life) IS love. God is love. Pharisees HATE that.

Jesus loved. God so loved the world. Not the systems of the world...but poor people...people who suffer. Those who have suffered in the flesh have ceased from sin...the sins that condemn people to a bad end....whether inside the church or outside. The lake of fire for the wicked outside the church...but outer darkness for those who judge those who are better than themselves in God's eyes.

As we judge we will be judged. So much blindness trying to penetrate the light on this thread. But it must be so. Not everyone will hear the truth and repent from their ways.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
and learn to love others.
Please tell me how one can learn to Love others, without the Spirit opening our heart / softening our heart to Love others?

We cannot love as God Loves in our own strength.impossible.

I would show my human love before I became Born Again.....humans loving humans, is emotional love...God’s Love is Spirit..it’s not emotional..imo/ belief.

As a non believer that I once was...I would show my human love by helping others, going out of my way to help others......was that human love recognised by God..?

I don’t believe so.....I can only Love others now in the Spirit....as the Lord opens and softens my heart to love others as he chooses me to do so,xx

How would I know how to love as God wants me to love, without His Spirit?

Last edited:
Reactions: APAK

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please tell me how one can learn to Love others, without the Spirit opening our heart / softening our heart to Love others?

Then pray that God allows you to see with different eyes. Stop justifying yourself. Can a person correct their own bent? Pray to God for humility.
We cannot love as God Loves in our own strength.impossible.

No one said that we can. But we can love as we are commanded to...the royal law...to care for others as we do ourselves. Go visit the poor. The gospel is meant to be preached to the poor...not the rich. The rich twist things to their own advantage.
I would show my human love before I became Born Again.....humans loving humans, is emotional love...God’s Love is Spirit..it’s not emotional..imo/ belief.
false. To love is to serve others...to help others in times of need. Read about the good Samaritan. Did Jesus condemn him...or was he rebuking those who thought they were already saved?