By Whose stripes you were healed...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 4
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

2 Peter 2
12 But these, like natural brute beasts made to be caught and destroyed, speak evil of the things they do not understand, and will utterly perish in their own corruption,
<snip>
17 These are wells without water, clouds carried by a tempest, for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.

Philippians 3
18 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame—who set their mind on earthly things.

2 Timothy 3
1 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:
2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good,
4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
2 Corinthians 4
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

2 Peter 2
12 But these, like natural brute beasts made to be caught and destroyed, speak evil of the things they do not understand, and will utterly perish in their own corruption,
<snip>
17 These are wells without water, clouds carried by a tempest, for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.

Philippians 3
18 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame—who set their mind on earthly things.

2 Timothy 3
1 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:
2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good,
4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

I am gussing this is all about me. Lol. Your a funny guy.

I will do one for fun.
Who is denying its power me or you?
I have seen near seventy healed at my hand with His power. and you? You never layed hands on the sick in your puff. SO your point is?
Not really a question I will never ever for the rest of your puff answer another of your posts. Complete waste of my time.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Watch her drunk display. No need to watch the whole thing. Five minutes is enough. Tell me that is the Spirit of God????

Dont you know what a drunk looks like? And what did they say at penticost? Woops they looked like drunks.
people look drunk when the presence of God comes. Obviously you never seen that, and because of that you think you know better. You starting to see a pattern yet? I never even looked at the video for one second. I know Hiedes ministry. and I also know what people get like when God turns up. So you never saw God turn up to many times, wonder why that is.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 11
12 But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast.
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dont you know what a drunk looks like? And what did they say at penticost? Woops they looked like drunks.
people look drunk when the presence of God comes. Obviously you never seen that, and because of that you think you know better. You starting to see a pattern yet? I never even looked at the video for one second. I know Hiedes ministry. and I also know what people get like when God turns up. So you never saw God turn up to many times, wonder why that is.

Sword, I don't want you to be deceived. Same as you do not want me to be deceived. I don't dislike or hate you. Neither do I dislike or hate Heidi. It is the enemies attack on the church and spiritually hungry people that I hate. We disagree on deception. Lets just leave it at that.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sword, I don't want you to be deceived. Same as you do not want me to be deceived. I don't dislike or hate you. Neither do I dislike or hate Heidi. It is the enemies attack on the church and spiritually hungry people that I hate. We disagree on deception. Lets just leave it at that.
Why would you want it to end with "We disagree on deception. Lets just leave it at that." lets talk it through like adults. I said its from God and gave you scripture now you want to leave it becuase you gave your opinion which amount to nothing when heal up against scripture? Thius is all I get in here. People like you who cant reply with scripture. then say I want to stop now. Thats no way to debate. Someone is right and someone is wrong. So if you have scripture that allows you to conclude that this is from satan then why would you want to stop? You dont. So why cant you say so. This is why I already have three peopel in here I will not debate with on anything. Becaus ethey run away half way through a discusion just like you want to do. Really is child like. after all you came to me.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And another thing, nice the way you skipped past my last post that answerd you every question and adreeesed you every point. why do you people with selective reading and writing bother getting innvolved at the start. Is it because you think you can handle it, then realise you in to deep?
You are the same as the others I am talking about. You only wants listeners to hear you in a one way conversation.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the healing were physical, wouldn't that mean that upon His death, all sicknesses would be eradicated? No one would ever get sick again because by His stripes we were physically healed. And not just Christians, but everyone. Christ died for everyone, not just a select group.

Now with that being said, what is the purpose of the laying on of hands? Everyone's already been healed. As a matter of fact, everyone born after the crucifixion would be healthy.

That's if the healing were physical.

Personally, I believe the healing is spiritual. The description of what happened upon His death and just prior to it is all spiritual in nature. "By His stripes we were healed" is a spiritual description, not unlike "bruised for our iniquities" or "wounded for our transgressions".

Everything about the New Covenant is spiritual in nature. Even the worship of God. God is a spirit and all who worship Him must worship Him in spirit. It makes no sense to make everything spiritual except healing.

I totally agree with your post. Spiritual healing. Why did Paul tell Timothy to take a little wine for a stomach ailment? And why did God tell Paul that His grace was sufficient for his "thorn in the side" (if that was even physical) Plus, our hospitals should be empty if the faith healers really meant business, lol.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I
But healing takes a restored relationship with God. Without that relationship it is all just a show. (John 8) “ Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

I find it interesting to note that the Jews who believed in him (Jn 8:31) further down in vs 50 picked up stones to stone him.
Yes, without an inner renewal all external piety is just show and smokescreens.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I
I find it interesting to note that the Jews who believed in him (Jn 8:31) further down in vs 50 picked up stones to stone him.
Yes, without an inner renewal all external piety is just show and smokescreens.

"And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth:
But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away." Mark 4:5-6

Reactions: pia