Calling on the name of Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s up to you to show HOW I deliberately twisted scripture. I won’t just take your word for it.
Of course Jesus came to Israel first as He was supposed to.
That fact has nothing to do with this discussion of How God saves a person.
Not by the will of man ...is very clear
Not by the will of the flesh...very clear.
Perhaps you and Nancy can take a second look at the texts being Discussed.
P4T has set it before you already, and the attempted response is avoiding the truth presented to you already

You are not suggesting that water baptism removes sin are you

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course Jesus came to Israel first as He was supposed to.
That fact has nothing to do with this discussion of How God saves a person.
Not by the will of man ...is very clear
Not by the will of the flesh...very clear.
Perhaps you and Nancy can take a second look at the texts being Discussed.
P4T has set it before you already, and the attempted response is avoiding the truth presented to you already

I’m still waiting for you to SHOW me how I twisted that scripture. You even agree with me. Jn 1 is about Christ coming to HIS OWN and that ain’t you. Did those Jews at that time have to be baptized with Johns baptism? Yes or no?
No, the Bible plainly teaches that sins are remitted, forgiven, washed away at the point of raising out of the waters of baptism.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s up to you to show HOW I deliberately twisted scripture. I won’t just take your word for it.
You were shown, yet you refuse to trade your idol of choosing yourself into heaven for the truth. Every Scripture given you, you dismiss. It's the Arminian heretic way, and implementation of an inconsistent hermeneutic. If "a verse" denies your teaching, it's dismissed and is "not for us." Totally asinine and deceitful way of mishandling God's word, which Paul addressed: 2 Corinthians 2:17 & 2 Corinthians 4:1-5. You do what he warned others about.

In 2 Corinthians 4:5 he concludes what he did; he preached not himself but Jesus as LORD. Your message denies his methodology of preaching not himself, and Jesus as LORD, and in fact does the opposite.

You cannot even see it, you have an aversion to giving God all the glory as LORD, and so you preach yourself as Lord instead. Shameful. How do you do this? Let me show you. Each who agree with you also have an aversion and loathing for giving God all the glory, and every single response and retort is to talk about YOU and YOUR ability and what YOU did. Complete antithesis to 1 Corinthians 1:26-31 and true Gospel salvation.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is Bible study...
What washes away sins? The Bible says...
Revelation 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
It’s the blood of Jesus Christ that washes away sins. BUT, this passage does not tell us WHEN this takes place. So, at WHAT POINT does the blood wash away sins? Is it at the point of belief. Of course not. Rom 10 tells us that one has to “believe” before they can call. The act of calling comes AFTER BELIEF.
So, when does the blood wash away sins??? The Bible says....
Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
The BIBLE tells us that it is at the point of baptism that our sins are washed away. It is at this point that the convert comes in contact with the blood. Raising from the grave of baptism. Is it a coincidence that baptism, sin removal, and calling on the name of the lord are all in the same verse and all in perfect succession. I know you don’t like real Bible study. Because you people state opinion and then act as if it is truth. You also love to post scripture with no explanation as if it teaches your doctrine.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m still waiting for you to SHOW me how I twisted that scripture. You even agree with me. Jn 1 is about Christ coming to HIS OWN and that ain’t you. Did those Jews at that time have to be baptized with Johns baptism? Yes or no?
No, the Bible plainly teaches that sins are remitted, forgiven, washed away at the point of raising out of the waters of baptism.
More heresy. Applying your asinine hermeneutic to Scripture nothing in the Gospels is for you. Show us one commentator in church history who agrees with your bungled theology on John 1 that it's not for us. Salvation is the same protocol in John 1 for all who are his. Maybe you meant you're not his own?

Reactions: SovereignGrace

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were shown, you refuse to trade your idol of choosing yourself into heaven for the truth. Every Scripture given you, you dismiss. It's the Arminian heretic way, and implementation of an inconsistent hermeneutic.
I’m not letting you get away with this. This is a flat out lie. Yes I’m calling you a liar.. I have broken down every one of your passages. Start with post 45 and see if this isn’t the truth. You just don’t like that I can. I’m gonna do the same with the rest of this mess I haven’t even read yet. I expect an apology. I guess this is you acting as one of the “elect”.

If "a verse" denies your teaching, it's dismissed and is "not for us." Totally asinine and deceitful way of mishandling God's word, which Paul addressed: 2 Corinthians 2:17 & 2 Corinthians 4:1-5. You do what he warned others about.

In 2 Corinthians 4:5 he concludes what he did; he preached not himself but Jesus as LORD. Your message denies his methodology of preaching not himself, and Jesus as LORD, and in fact does the opposite.

You cannot even see it, you have an aversion to giving God all the glory as LORD, and so you preach yourself as Lord instead. Shameful. How do you do this? Let me show you. Each who agree with you also have an aversion and loathing for giving God all the glory, and every single response and retort is to talk about YOU and YOUR ability and what YOU did. Complete antithesis to 1 Corinthians 1:26-31 and true Gospel salvation.
none of what I present is opinion. You post those scriptures which talk about handling Gods word deceitfully as if it helps you. Anybody can post a passage like that and say...see, see. It proves nothing. Your doctrine is what will speak for itself. How does one give God glory? By doing and teaching what God has provided. That is all I do. I challenge you or anybody else to go back and quote me responding with my opinion as if it is doctrine. I challenge anybody..get to it. If you’re right it should be easy to find.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More heresy. Applying your asinine hermeneutic to Scripture nothing in the Gospels is for you.
Another flat out lie. You’re on a roll now. You can always know when people are faltering. They start making false accusations and are reduced to labeling.
I NEVER once said....”NOTHING in the gospels is for you”. Just keep lying. Your true colors are shining.
Show us one commentator in church history who agrees with your bungled theology on John 1 that it's not for us. Salvation is the same protocol in John 1 for all who are his. Maybe you meant you're not his own?
Are commentaries inspired? Show me one that is and we will talk. Figures you rely on man made reasoning. The Bible is its own best commentary. Did those in Jn 1 have to be baptized with Johns baptism? Yes or no?
Do you? Yes or no?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.water baptism does not save.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.water baptism does not save.
That’s all you have for me? What does the Bible say?
1 Peter 3:20-21 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
It point blank says...baptism saves us, and it’s nothing physical like removing dirt.
A lot of people don’t even know this passage is in the Bible. You may be one of them. We all have a choice. We can believe what the Bible teaches or believe you.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s all you have for me? What does the Bible say?
1 Peter 3:20-21 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
It point blank says...baptism saves us, and it’s nothing physical like removing dirt.
A lot of people don’t even know this passage is in the Bible. You may be one of them. We all have a choice. We can believe what the Bible teaches or believe you.
I know that passage very well. I also know what it means unlike you

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s amazing the links people go to in order to convince you a passage doesn’t mean what it says....
Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Nope. Doesn’t mean what it says.. you are “saved” then your baptized...that’s what it really means

James 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
Nope. Doesn’t mean what it says...you are saved by “faith only”. Or faith plus nothing as Charles Stanley would say..

1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
Nope. Doesn’t mean what it says...baptism plays no part in your salvation. If you believe so you are just a water dog.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
Nope. Doesn’t mean what it says...your sins are washed away at the point of belief.

2 Peter 2:20-21 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
Nope. Doesn’t mean what it says...you can never lose your salvation. You are eternally secure even if you walk away from the faith as Charles Stanley says in his book.

I could go on and on, but the point is...people spend all their time trying to tell you that the Bible can’t be understood and you need the enlightened ones to explain it all to you.
Paul said....
Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
I guess that doesn’t mean what it says either.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The context of Rom 9 is about Israel. When you get to verses 10-15 the context is that of Jacob and Esau. Jacob representing Israel, and Esau representing the gentile nations. God, according to his plan, had already determined that there would be a nation of people extending through Jacob who later is named Israel, that he would choose to work through. This has nothing to do with our “salvation”. Did Jacob do anything to earn the position he would ultimately hold? No, It was according to Gods plan. Did Israel have to be obedient and faithful? Yes.

You need to show me HOW I dismiss 2 Peter.
In John 6....who is the “all”. All as individuals or all as in Jew and gentile. In acts 2 the Bible says the Spirit would be poured out on “ALL” flesh. Who is the All? Individuals or Jew and gentile? We know it’s not individuals. The “all” refers to Jew and gentile. The two races that make up ALL the world.

The passage says...whosoever shall call on the name of the lord shall be saved. So yes, one must call in order to be saved. Read acts 22:16 and you will see Saul in the act of calling on the name of the lord. Even Rom 10:9,10 says one must believe and confess with the mouth. I guess that is doing nothing. Vs 16 talks of “obeying the gospel”. Obedience requires action. Something MUST be done in order to obey.

You are missing the context of Romans 9 my friend. Its not about solely about Israel.

What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction? And He did so to make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory, even us, whom He also called, not from among Jews only, but also from among Gentiles.[Romans 9:22-24]

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is true. Ps 119:160. Says the sum of thy word is truth. If you want to know the truth on any one subject, all that is said must be considered.

Agreed. Kudos!

One MUST call in order to be saved. That is what the passage says. Paul in Rom 10 said “how shall they call on him in whom they have not believed”. One must first believe THEN call. So the calling is NOT a part of believing. Is is separate and a part from believing.

Well, you have placed the effect before the cause. One does not call out to God in order to be saved, my friend. One calls out because he has already been saved. Fallen man in his fallen state will never call out for God to save him, seeing he is at enmity...has an ill-will towards...God. That is what Paul said in Romans 8:5-9. When someone truly calls out to God to save him, it shows God's grace already working in his heart.

Same word as John 3:16. It means “anyone” that meets the conditions God has set.

This is erroneous doctrine my friend. No one can meet the conditions, that is why the Christ had to come and live, die, and resurrect. He was the only One who met all the necessary conditions. That is why we can truly aver the cross saves. It met all the necessary requirements.

As one can see from our study. Calling on the name of the Lord today has nothing to do with prayer. Saul prayed for three days but he still had not called.

The context of Romans 10:8ff is to BELIEVERS. You are placing upon the unregenerate only that which the regenerate can do.

No. Man has a part to play in salvation. If not then all men would be saved. God provided his part and it’s mans responsibility to respond to Gods terms. It was Christ that said...he that believes AND IS baptized shall be saved. God elected the TYPE not the INDIVIDUAL who would be saved. He elected WHOSOEVER WILL.

There is no truth to man playing a part in salvation. That is man's way of stealing glory from God. Everything needed in salvation can be found in the cross. Nothing is to be added or taken away from it. You are adding to the cross. You are saying the cross + what you did, saved you. We say the cross saved us in spite of what we did.

You are also adding water to salvation. The passage in Mark 16:9-20 is not found in earlier mss. Nowhere else did the Christ say this that he who is baptized shall be saved. Just found in this one passage in Mark 16, but not in Matthew, Luke or John.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. Kudos!

Well, you have placed the effect before the cause. One does not call out to God in order to be saved, my friend. One calls out because he has already been saved. Fallen man in his fallen state will never call out for God to save him, seeing he is at enmity...has an ill-will towards...God. That is what Paul said in Romans 8:5-9. When someone truly calls out to God to save him, it shows God's grace already working in his heart.

This is erroneous doctrine my friend. No one can meet the conditions, that is why the Christ had to come and live, die, and resurrect. He was the only One who met all the necessary conditions. That is why we can truly aver the cross saves. It met all the necessary requirements.

The context of Romans 10:8ff is to BELIEVERS. You are placing upon the unregenerate only that which the regenerate can do.

There is no truth to man playing a part in salvation. That is man's way of stealing glory from God. Everything needed in salvation can be found in the cross. Nothing is to be added or taken away from it. You are adding to the cross. You are saying the cross + what you did, saved you. We say the cross saved us in spite of what we did.

You are also adding water to salvation. The passage in Mark 16:9-20 is not found in earlier mss. Nowhere else did the Christ say this that he who is baptized shall be saved. Just found in this one passage in Mark 16, but not in Matthew, Luke or John.
I get it. Your just like jimmy swaggart and many others that believe that there is nothing you can do it was all done at the cross. No conditions, no repentance, no confession, no baptism, no living faithful until death. Remission of sins just happens, even though you can’t show me at what point it happens. You will regurgitate opinion that it happens when one “believes”. Man plays no part in his salvation even though we know all men are not saved, so that makes you a Calvinist who believes God just selects Tom, Dick, and Harry for salvation. You’re a broken record I hear over and over..
Here is the beginning of Rom 9...
Romans 9:1-3 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
This establishes the context for chapters 9-11. Paul is focusing on Israel and their salvation.
Ch 10 begins with Paul expressing desire that Israel might be saved..
Also
Whosoever shall call on the name of the lord is already saved? No, wait a minute, that’s not what it says. But what it says doesn’t really matter to you. Let’s use your understanding elsewhere...
For God so loved the world that whosoever believes in him will already have eternal life. See, you believe because you already have eternal life. You don’t believe in order to obtain. Yes, beautiful exegesis. The kind you can only get from some seminary somewhere.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are missing the context of Romans 9 my friend. Its not about solely about Israel.

What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction? And He did so to make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory, even us, whom He also called, not from among Jews only, but also from among Gentiles.[Romans 9:22-24]
I never used the term solely. The context of 9-11 is focused on Israel. I never said gentiles aren’t mentioned. He’s writing a letter to a “solely” gentile part of the world although the church in Rome had many Jews in it.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get it. Your just like jimmy swaggart and many others that believe that there is nothing you can do it was all done at the cross. No conditions, no repentance, no confession, no baptism, no living faithful until death. Remission of sins just happens, even though you can’t show me at what point it happens. You will regurgitate opinion that it happens when one “believes”. Man plays no part in his salvation even though we know all men are not saved, so that makes you a Calvinist who believes God just selects Tom, Dick, and Harry for salvation. You’re a broken record I hear over and over..
Here is the beginning of Rom 9...
Romans 9:1-3 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
This establishes the context for chapters 9-11. Paul is focusing on Israel and their salvation.
Ch 10 begins with Paul expressing desire that Israel might be saved..
Also
Whosoever shall call on the name of the lord is already saved? No, wait a minute, that’s not what it says. But what it says doesn’t really matter to you. Let’s use your understanding elsewhere...
For God so loved the world that whosoever believes in him will already have eternal life. See, you believe because you already have eternal life. You don’t believe in order to obtain. Yes, beautiful exegesis. The kind you can only get from some seminary somewhere.
Good bye. I will not waste my time on you. Keep choosing your way to heaven.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And we have BIG WINNA!!!!!!!!! The only reason they take this text as a deviation from the surrounding context is because it attacks their idol of self, shows God is God and that he elects according to his own purpose, not because of foreseen anything. It destroys the premise of their false gospel: SELF.

Reactions: Laish

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good bye. I will not waste my time on you. Keep choosing your way to heaven.
So whosoever believes in him DOES NOT already have eternal life? Can’t believe you didn’t clear that one up. Well, maybe I can.
If you’re right...what does it matter? I’m going to heaven since it was ALL done at the cross and there is nothing I can do. Why are you even on here? If there is nothing to do and we are just saved by the cross then you are waisting your breath. If you believe that God elects certain people for salvation then why come on a bible study forum? None of it matters since it is God who will select those for salvation. You and you’re doctrine are a contradiction.