Calling on the name of Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CNKW3 You'd do yourself a service to rid all your DTS indoctrination, dispy influence, and actually study.

You're a parrot right now for DTS.

Go study out what "call on the name of the LORD" means biblically from beginning to end, then you'll see what Paul means. It is not a formula or a one-time act.

Stop distorting the truth.

Millions are deceived that they said a prayer so they're going to heaven when they die, and you and your ilk teach them this and assure them of this incantation and formula that in doing so (praying a prayer, making a choice) they do go to heaven.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And we have BIG WINNA!!!!!!!!! The only reason they take this text as a deviation from the surrounding context is because it attacks their idol of self, shows God is God and that he elects according to his own purpose, not because of foreseen anything. It destroys the premise of their false gospel: SELF.
Why do you care. You are not one of the elect.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And we have BIG WINNA!!!!!!!!! The only reason they take this text as a deviation from the surrounding context is because it attacks their idol of self, shows God is God and that he elects according to his own purpose, not because of foreseen anything. It destroys the premise of their false gospel: SELF.

Notice how he said "I never used the term solely". He is backpedaling. Here's what he said earlier...

CNKW3 said:
The context of Rom 9 is about Israel.

He said Romans 9 is about Israel, with no mentioning of the Gentiles whatsoever. When I exposed his erroneous doctrine, he got snarky with me. Notice I never said anything in a derogatory fashion towards him and then he accused me of being Jimmy Swaggart. But that's neither here not there, seeing I put his keyster on ignore.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CNKW3 You'd do yourself a service to rid all your DTS indoctrination, dispy influence, and actually study.

You're a parrot right now for DTS.

Go study out what "call on the name of the LORD" means biblically from beginning to end, then you'll see what Paul means. It is not a formula or a one-time act.

Stop distorting the truth.

Millions are deceived that they said a prayer so they're going to heaven when they die, and you and your ilk teach them this and assure them of this incantation and formula that in doing so (praying a prayer, making a choice) they do go to heaven.
What is DTS?
When did I EVER teach anyone that calling on the name of the lord is saying a prayer for salvation? Never have I taught anyone to do that.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice how he said "I never used the term solely". He is backpedaling. Here's what he said earlier...

He said Romans 9 is about Israel, with no mentioning of the Gentiles whatsoever. When I exposed his erroneous doctrine, he got snarky with me. Notice I never said anything in a derogatory fashion towards him and then he accused me of being Jimmy Swaggart. But that's neither here not there, seeing I put his keyster on ignore.
You are going to need to quote me....I said Romans 9 is about Israel. Where did I ever exclude gentiles? Please present the quote and I will retract. If not then apologize for distorting what I said. It’s up to you.

Reactions: Nancy

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why do most on here have a problem with reading comprehension? Did I call you jimmy swaggart? Yes or no?
I said...you are just like jimmy swaggart and others.
I compared YOUR DOCTRINE to that of jimmy swaggart and others. You don’t like that but it’s true. If you are going teach this doctrine then enjoy the association.
And you are one of the elect?

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Because he doesn't study, he assumes and parrots what others say.

Let's put the entire issue in perspective as to what happens here and in other forums, few study, and when one does study, they set themselves up for insults and attacks from the former.

Another thing, I don't study Calvin nor have I read much of what he said. I didn't study any Reformed person to come to my conclusions or beliefs. They're right there in Scripture. Oh, and lest I forget, it is all to his glory and grace!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is DTS?
When did I EVER teach anyone that calling on the name of the lord is saying a prayer for salvation? Never have I taught anyone to do that.
Preacher. I hope you are working on answers for post 67. It will help us clear up our understanding on John 1.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because he doesn't study, he assumes and parrots what others say.

Let's put the entire issue in perspective as to what happens here and in other forums, few study, and when one does study, they set themselves up for insults and attacks from the former.

Another thing, I don't study Calvin nor have I read much of what he said. I didn't study any Reformed person to come to my conclusions or beliefs. They're right there in Scripture. Oh, and lest I forget, it is all to his glory and grace!

When you give God the glory and not man, watch out. They will not let God have all the glory. It grinds their gears when we do this.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you give God the glory and not man, watch out. They will not let God have all the glory. It grinds their gears when we do this.
Yep, total aversion to giving God all the glory, each post reflects this as true. We post things that show it is all to his glory, they kneejerk react and come back with them, them, and them. Not an "Amen! Soli Deo Gloria!" but a "me, me, me!" to counter the truth.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess this is you crossing home plate, beating your chest and pointing to the sky..
Jesus actually spoke of people like you...
Matthew 15:8-9 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Yes, this is you alright..

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, total aversion to giving God all the glory, each post reflects this as true. We post things that show it is all to his glory, they kneejerk react and come back with them, them, and them. Not an "Amen! Soli Deo Gloria!" but a "me, me, me!" to counter the truth.
You still working on those answers to post 67? You sure can give God a lot of glory by setting this straight.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does this mean? Both Peter and Paul preached this message.

Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord, shall be saved”.

This is critical. We have two inspired apostles stating that this is the way to salvation so we need to know what this is. I am not just going to come out with my explanation. I want to find out how others come to the conclusion of what it means to “call on the name of the Lord”.

I would say it means....the individual "IS" a BELIEVER in the Lord God.

Many men talk "ABOUT" Jesus, the Lord, God Almighty...However;

Simply Saying....WHO "calls on" "calls out TO", one they DO NOT Believes EXISTS?

Glory to God,
Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...Why not put your supernatural power to work and heal the world of cancer, sin, and all disease? It's on your lips, just speak it into being.

We're all waiting. :rolleyes:
"And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone." Matt 4:6-7

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never met ANY converted person who refused to give their testimony.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecc 3:1
"...a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:7

"Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee?
And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly." Matt 27:13-14