Calvinism is a Cult

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The second commandment is clearly speaking of idolatry--I doubt whether Nancy worships her avatar. As for "profane" let's look at the definition:

adjective
characterized by irreverence or contempt for God or sacred principles or things; irreligious.
not devoted to holy or religious purposes; unconsecrated; secular (opposed to sacred).
unholy; heathen; pagan: profane rites.
not initiated into religious rites or mysteries, as persons.
verb (used with object), pro·faned, pro·fan·ing.
to misuse (anything that should be held in reverence or respect); defile; debase; employ basely or unworthily.
to treat (anything sacred) with irreverence or contempt; violate the sanctity of: to profane a shrine.

If you are saying that the image is sacred, then it is you who are breaking the second commandment. If the image is not sacred, how could she be "profaning" it? I admit that I didn't much like it--but I doubt that Nancy meant any harm--just a tiny jest. Perhaps it is in poor taste, considering sensitivities, but to use it as a way to lambaste her is wrong of you.

Okay, I will change it back to the Dove...or would Anthony think the symbol for the Holy Spirit is also profane?? There is only ONE that I worship.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think obeying God and His word is legalistic?
Jesus said if you love me Keep my commandments

Are you worshiping that tree you have as an avatar? I just put back my Dove...is that idolizing also? I mean, they are both His creations. I love God and my neighbor as myself so...if I do that, how can you say I am breaking His commands?? Besides I am not UNDER LAW but GRACE and God knows there was zero irreverence on my part so, pfft!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To speak about the Lord of Glory with the trite phrase,"back by popular demand" is shameful. If you do not grasp that I cannot help you.
The hippie pictured in the avatar, who is that supposed to be?

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

do not make, do not worship

I'm sure you feel very comfortable up there in your tower of religious outrage.

Reactions: Nancy

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To speak about the Lord of Glory with the trite phrase,"back by popular demand" is shameful. If you do not grasp that I cannot help you.
The hippie pictured in the avatar, who is that supposed to be?

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

do not make, do not worship

Then you better change your avatar. Your's is of a tree. "or that is in the earth beneath".

This is clearly 'idolatry'.

Stranger

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you worshiping that tree you have as an avatar? I just put back my Dove...is that idolizing also? I mean, they are both His creations. I love God and my neighbor as myself so...if I do that, how can you say I am breaking His commands?? Besides I am not UNDER LAW but GRACE and God knows there was zero irreverence on my part so, pfft!
Real Christians are law keepers and are under both law and grace. Your attitude displays a lawless mind set. You might want to examine that

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Real Christians are law keepers and are under both law and grace. Your attitude displays a lawless mind set. You might want to examine that

You might want to go to the Bible and read it, Anthony. You should pay special attention to Galatians. One can be under the law or under grace, but not both. If you are saying that a Christian, with the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit (see Romans 8:9) keeps the superior law of love (see James 2:8) as the part of the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22), then I would agree--but I definitely would not agree with what you have stated.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And, do you think that "keeping the Law" saves you?? Because it does not. REAL Christians do what Jesus commanded them to do and if it is not of the Spirit, it is works based. I am far from "lawless" as from the heart springs forth the fruits of The Spirit of God. So, how will you know them...? You might want to examine your heart.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lady Crosstalk,

[You might want to go to the Bible and read it, Anthony.]

I have been fellowshipping with a Christian I met at an Arby's. It was edifying.

[You should pay special attention to Galatians.]

I do pay special attention to all of God's word. better yet, I do understand galatians quite well in fact. it looks as if you only got half the memo on it. From your posting it is clear that you have no real understanding of the law and grace.

[One can be under the law or under grace, but not both.]

Dead wrong...all believers have always been under both

[If you are saying that a Christian, with the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit (see Romans 8:9) keeps the superior law of love (see James 2:8) as the part of the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22), then I would agree--but I definitely would not agree with what you have stated.]

The ten Commandments are still for believers today. The law was never given to save people. It was a schoolmaster gal 3;24
It is still for us today, romans 13:8-10

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, do you think that "keeping the Law" saves you?? Because it does not. REAL Christians do what Jesus commanded them to do and if it is not of the Spirit, it is works based. I am far from "lawless" as from the heart springs forth the fruits of The Spirit of God. So, how will you know them...? You might want to examine your heart.
The law was not given to save us, that is bible 101. I never said it saves us. I did say we are not lawless.
Can you murder, or steal? Which of the 10 commandments are you free to break?