Calvinism is a Cult

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I did clarify my stance. I explained and gave you verses. You however, didn't know what I was talking about and wanted to be schooled on the kingdom. Well, that is why this is 'Christian' apologetics and not atheist apologetics. Christians are familiar with the kingdom. So, no I am not going to teach an atheist about the kingdom in an area he is not supposed to be in in the first place.
The admins allow me to post here. You don't get to make the rules. I know that is difficult for you.

Now, you however said, God said this concerning slavery. So? I agree He said it. What is your point. I don't deny it.
When you answer my question on the Kingdom verses I will explain my position.

Why are you acting stupid now? You said you never said you are done with me and so I showed you that you lie, and that you did say it. Now you act as if you don't know, even though I gave you the proof.
You cannot understand context can you. You told me you would not answer me here in this forum, so I said "we are done then" in response to your statement that you were done with me. But here you are responding to me on trivial issues like this after you said you would not.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The admins allow me to post here. You don't get to make the rules. I know that is difficult for you.

When you answer my question on the Kingdom verses I will explain my position.

You cannot understand context can you. You told me you would not answer me here in this forum, so I said "we are done then" in response to your statement that you were done with me. But here you are responding to me on trivial issues like this after you said you would not.

I can read. Christian apologetics. Not difficult at all.

I have no interest in teaching an atheist about the kingdom. You show your position in backing away from your statement. I understand.

Sorry, go back and read. You said you were done with me due to your frustration. As I said, I have heard that before.

Stranger

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I can read. Christian apologetics. Not difficult at all.

I have no interest in teaching an atheist about the kingdom. You show your position in backing away from your statement. I understand.

Sorry, go back and read. You said you were done with me due to your frustration. As I said, I have heard that before.

Stranger
Ok. Have a great weekend.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matt Perman has written an interesting article that may answer some of your questions: What Happens to Infants Who Die?
This is the biblical conclusion (quoting from this article):
"In other words, if a person lacks the natural capacity to see the revelation of God's will or God's glory then that person's sin would not remain-God would not bring the person into final judgment for not believing what he had no natural capacity to see." Which automatically refutes the Calvinist.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is the biblical conclusion (quoting from this article):
"In other words, if a person lacks the natural capacity to see the revelation of God's will or God's glory then that person's sin would not remain-God would not bring the person into final judgment for not believing what he had no natural capacity to see." Which automatically refutes the Calvinist.

Yes. If the Blood of Jesus is not efficacious to cover a baby who is not only incapable of believing, but incapable of sin as well, then what hope is there for the rest of us?

Reactions: Enoch111 and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. If the Blood of Jesus is not efficacious to cover a baby who is not only incapable of believing, but incapable of sin as well, then what hope is there for the rest of us?

This doctrine strips of hope IMO. :( Kind of impossible to tell the unsaved that we know and love that God MIGHT love you, we just are not sure if you were chosen :rolleyes:. Quite sad really.

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Vince,

To whom does the free will type apply? Can a person have an active free will in relation to salvation without an ability to comprehend the message of the Good News?

Oz
I would say not.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This doctrine strips of hope IMO. :( Kind of impossible to tell the unsaved that we know and love that God MIGHT love you, we just are not sure if you were chosen :rolleyes:. Quite sad really.
Your avatar is a second commandment violation as well as being profane. Do you consider this a light thing?

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your avatar is a second commandment violation as well as being profane. Do you consider this a light thing?

The second commandment is clearly speaking of idolatry--I doubt whether Nancy worships her avatar. As for "profane" let's look at the definition:

adjective
characterized by irreverence or contempt for God or sacred principles or things; irreligious.
not devoted to holy or religious purposes; unconsecrated; secular (opposed to sacred).
unholy; heathen; pagan: profane rites.
not initiated into religious rites or mysteries, as persons.
verb (used with object), pro·faned, pro·fan·ing.
to misuse (anything that should be held in reverence or respect); defile; debase; employ basely or unworthily.
to treat (anything sacred) with irreverence or contempt; violate the sanctity of: to profane a shrine.

If you are saying that the image is sacred, then it is you who are breaking the second commandment. If the image is not sacred, how could she be "profaning" it? I admit that I didn't much like it--but I doubt that Nancy meant any harm--just a tiny jest. Perhaps it is in poor taste, considering sensitivities, but to use it as a way to lambaste her is wrong of you.

Reactions: Nancy

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The second commandment is clearly speaking of idolatry--I doubt whether Nancy worships her avatar. As for "profane" let's look at the definition:

adjective
characterized by irreverence or contempt for God or sacred principles or things; irreligious.
not devoted to holy or religious purposes; unconsecrated; secular (opposed to sacred).
unholy; heathen; pagan: profane rites.
not initiated into religious rites or mysteries, as persons.
verb (used with object), pro·faned, pro·fan·ing.
to misuse (anything that should be held in reverence or respect); defile; debase; employ basely or unworthily.
to treat (anything sacred) with irreverence or contempt; violate the sanctity of: to profane a shrine.

If you are saying that the image is sacred, then it is you who are breaking the second commandment. If the image is not sacred, how could she be "profaning" it? I admit that I didn't much like it--but I doubt that Nancy meant any harm--just a tiny jest. Perhaps it is in poor taste, considering sensitivities, but to use it as a way to lambaste her is wrong of you.

To speak about the Lord of Glory with the trite phrase,"back by popular demand" is shameful. If you do not grasp that I cannot help you.
The hippie pictured in the avatar, who is that supposed to be?

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

do not make, do not worship