Calvinism is a Cult

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So is the Word of God which we believe; John 1:13; John 8:34; Romans 9:16; John 6:63; John 6:37; 1 Corinthians 1:26-31; Matthew 11:25-30; Romans 8:7-8; 1 Corinthians 2:14. Not that you would allow the Word of God to correct you.

That is a problem. Calvinist don't believe the word of God.

By the way, it is not Word it is word. Logos does not mean written word.

D

Dave L

You are lying when you say Calvinism is a cult. You have no doctrinal evidence that it is. My guess is that you don't like it so you call it a cult. But it only proves you do not know what a cult is in the studied sense.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are lying when you say Calvinism is a cult. You have no doctrinal evidence that it is. My guess is that you don't like it so you call it a cult. But it only proves you do not know what a cult is in the studied sense.
He's filled with lies, but some people think they're OK to lie, after all they chose their way into heaven by works, and think they're saved. To them if they sin it doesn't really count. Scripture, on the other hand, indicates something entirely and solemnly different.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Should we be shocked that you're not afraid to lie? You lie daily on this site, multiple times per day. I think we'd be shocked if you acted converted and spoke the truth.

How many decades have you been seeing things that aren't there? "58 years?"

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Doctrinal evidence? Again you go with denominational declarations over the Bible.

You are an amillennial nonliteral Calvinists who presumes to lecture others.

D

Dave L

Doctrinal evidence? Again you go with denominational declarations over the Bible.

This is pure malarkey. I never belonged to any denomination. And your calling Calvinism a cult is nothing more than bigotry.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should we be shocked that you're not afraid to lie? You lie daily on this site, multiple times per day. I think we'd be shocked if you acted converted and spoke the truth.

How many decades have you been seeing things that aren't there? "58 years?"

Let me ask you, how do you believe God chooses those who are saved? Whim, lottery, dice roll, short straw or what?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is pure malarkey. I never belonged to any denomination. And your calling Calvinism a cult is nothing more than bigotry.

But yet appealing to denominational creeds as proof.

And everything I said the second line is fact that does not require denominational affiliation.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First off, no lost person is free in any sense. The Christ said we can not serve two masters, but love one and hate the other.[Matthew 6:24] If we have a master, we are a slave, and a slave is not free, but bound to his/her master. Then Paul wrote in Romans 6 we were slaves to sin in our lost condition.

We were not automatons in our lost condition, we were dead, nekros which literally means s corpse.
Okay, I am breaking my promise to myself once again, lol. Are we not His "bond servents"?
They are capable of astounding mental gymnastics to get around this.

You got that right! They overlook the simplicity of Gods Word and rarely if ever speak of those many, many verses that include All, Any, the world etc.

Reactions: justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've accused; now back up your accusation with evidence by producing a reference (link) to a post in which @CoreIssue has actually lied.

I'm not talking about instances where he has disagreed with your doctrine, as there are scriptures on both sides of the issue. But I'm asking you to produce any evidence that he has actually made any kind of statement with the intention of deceiving the person he was talking to.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Calvinism isn't a cult, its adherents do at the very least act like they are members of a cult. This is my observation.

Laish

Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Calvinism isn't a cult, its adherents do at the very least act like they are members of a cult. This is my observation.
Ok what’s the definition of cult your words not the dictionary.
Also from your definition list how Reformed folks are cultists.
Blessings
Bill

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I am breaking my promise to myself once again, lol. Are we not His "bond servents"?

You got that right! They overlook the simplicity of Gods Word and rarely if ever speak of those many, many verses that include All, Any, the world etc.
Hello Nancy,

You've offered up some unsubstantiated accusations. Can you provide a documented example that these took place?

Also, if you wish to discuss any of the passages that contain the words "any," "all," "the world" I would be more than happy to discuss them.

Lastly, the accusation "we" don't discuss them is an inaccurate statement.

I hope for a Christian response from you, not the typical ridicule, mockery and dismissal. If one offers up accusations, one must be ready to engage in dialog with the accused and prove their case. If not, the statements are shown to remain untrue libel. I trust you're above such a level.

Last edited:

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've accused; now back up your accusation with evidence by producing a reference (link) to a post in which @CoreIssue has actually lied.

I'm not talking about instances where he has disagreed with your doctrine, as there are scriptures on both sides of the issue. But I'm asking you to produce any evidence that he has actually made any kind of statement with the intention of deceiving the person he was talking to.
He lied in the post I responded to. That is quite apparent. And? You're complicit.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your observations have proven shoddy, erroneous and bogus.

Aren't you the guy that simply sees a book title and then deems it to be true having never read it, and use it as "proof" and "evidence" of your beliefs? And in addition takes scripture out of context to "prove" YOUR teachings?

Yes, that's you. You have zero integrity and zero credibility.

Laish

Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ok focus like a laser beam. You started the thread about denominational beliefs so somehow you expect that it not be about denominational declarations ? Weird ...Also you do know that all of your responses are denominational declarations,right ? Your criticizing the very same thing you are doing.

You do know the two largest cults are Dispensational Jehovah’s Witnesses and Mormons.
So eschatology is a good place to go to prove your point . Also what do you mean by nonliteral Calvinist ? Please definition and example .
Blessings
Bill

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok focus like a laser beam. You started the thread about denominational beliefs so somehow you expect that it not be about denominational declarations ? Weird ...Also you do know that all of your responses are denominational declarations,right ? Your criticizing the very same thing you are doing.

You do know the two largest cults are Dispensational Jehovah’s Witnesses and Mormons.
So eschatology is a good place to go to prove your point . Also what do you mean by nonliteral Calvinist ? Please definition and example .
Blessings
Bill

Laserbeam focus. That statement was addressed to DaveL.

As well, I did not address the thread to Denomination beliefs. I addressed it pacifically to Calvinism.

And what does dispensationalism have to do with any of this?

A big point is Calvinism the claim is not picks who saved no free will involved by people. Which begs the question of why are Calvinists on this forum trying to convert people to Calvinism when it doesn't matter? When their fate was decided before their birth?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok what’s the definition of cult your words not the dictionary.
Also from your definition list how Reformed folks are cultists.
Blessings
Bill

In my words, I make the same observation as another on these boards recently made...that Calvinists have a cult-like mentality in that they are hard-headed and will not bend to the truth even when it is clearly in front of (shown to) them.

You've offered up some unsubstantiated accusations. Can you provide a documented example that these took place?

This was originally addressed to Nancy; but I respond: Don't be ridiculous! Nancy has observed the very same things that I have observed in dealing with Calvinists. She does not have to provide documentation as far as I'm concerned, because I believe her, having experienced the same thing when dealing with Calvinists. btw, on the testimony of two or three witnesses shall every word be established...

I hope for a Christian response from you, not the typical ridicule, mockery and dismissal. If one offers up accusations, one must be ready to engage in dialog with the accused and prove their case. If not, the statements are shown to remain untrue libel.

I have never seen Nancy respond to anyone in the spirit of ridicule. Therefore you are the one libeling Nancy while condemning the sin of libel, which you yourself are guilty of.

He lied in the post I responded to.

Which post? (you can go to the # on the top right of any post, and right click on it, and then left click on "Copy link address" and then paste it in your next post).

Aren't you the guy that simply sees a book title and then deems it to be true having never read it, and use it as "proof" and "evidence" of your beliefs? And in addition takes scripture out of context to "prove" YOUR teachings?

Yes, that's you. You have zero integrity and zero credibility.

And aren't you the guy that attacks the messenger instead of dealing with his statements logically? Last time I checked that was a logical fallacy.

Yes, the fact that a book was written on the subject on how Calvinism is weighed against the scales of John 3:16 and is found wanting, is to me evidence that there may be something to that premise. As I was not able to purchase the book I don't know the information that it contained. But in my own studies on Calvinism and the Bible I find that there is something to that premise. And the fact of the book title in question, while I would call it evidence, I never touted it as "proof".

I am not the only one who presents scriptures out of context. If I am not mistaken, it was one of you (even you) who very recently presented a list of references that contained singular verses and did not refer to their contexts (Calvinism is a Cult). So, what's good for the goose is good for the gander; you are out of line.

A big point is Calvinism the claim is not picks who saved no free will involved by people. Which begs the question of why are Calvinists on this forum trying to convert people to Calvinism when it doesn't matter? When their fate was decided before their birth?

That is a very excellent point, @CoreIssue. Calvinists are just spinning their wheels because nothing that they do (in terms of evangelizing people into Calvinism) even matters according to their own theology. Therefore if they really believed what they say, they wouldn't attempt to evangelize people into their theology. It doesn't matter; they are just spinning their wheels.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy