Calvinism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 4:2 KJV
[2] Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Tecarta Bible
Why would Calvinists assured of going to Heaven need to obey that passage or any other passage since they'll be going to Heaven no matter what? Why bother to correct people who are going to be damned no matter what?

Reactions: CharismaticLady

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would Calvinists assured of going to Heaven need to obey that passage or any other passage since they'll be going to Heaven no matter what? Why bother to correct people who are going to be damned no matter what?

And why would Calvinists heed any of the warnings about the flesh and not inheriting the Kingdom of Heaven, when they just think that means a lack of rewards in heaven, and not going to hell.

Reactions: Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And why would Calvinists heed any of the warnings about the flesh and not inheriting the Kingdom of Heaven, when they just think that means a lack of rewards in heaven, and not going to hell.
Indeed, why bother? They seem to think people are worthless trash but God is going to save some of the trash and burn the rest. As for the rewards, why wouldn't God also "foreknow" who was getting what? Why bother with anything?

Steve Owen

Oct 13, 2019
Exmouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1:1).

I meant Calvinists cannot defend their view with Scripture ( @David Taylor voiced this when he said that was not how theology works). Many cults affirm Scripture, but fail to produce actual passages proving their doctrines (using the real meaning here....their "teachings").

There is a reason Calvinists tend to respond with gifs and memes. :rolleyes:
You really are the king of snide, aren't you?
You actually run a mile if someone offers you Scripture. I don't believe you have ever replied to my post #380.
But never mind; being snide is much more fun than theology, and much easier.

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, why bother? They seem to think people are worthless trash but God is going to save some of the trash and burn the rest. As for the rewards, why wouldn't God also "foreknow" who was getting what? Why bother with anything?
I believe they attribute their worth to God alone.(the cross of Christ)
What do you attribute your worth to?

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really are the king of snide, aren't you?
You actually run a mile if someone offers you Scripture. I don't believe you have ever replied to my post #380.
But never mind; being snide is much more fun than theology, and much easier.
Agreed, sad but true.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good point. Many if not most attribute their salvation as a reward for what God saw they would do. This would at the least make them worthy and their salvation a reward for behavior, or as they call it "conditional election" chosen because they did _______________ .

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You haven't answered the question. Why would it matter what they do or say?
I was asking why anything mattered to Calvinists. I'm not a Calvinist. I needed help, admitted it, and God helped me; and I think God can do the same for anyone.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ok Thinking caps to full power! The Trinity discusses a plan....the Son of God...a God! Visualize that for a minute! The plan is to save humanity.....what kind of plan will this be?....will it be a plan that will mostly fail? 50/50 God's Son will have to go through the passion and be nailed to the cross....keeping in mind that this a God. And is the plan going to be, just to set up a puppet show? Some to hell and some to heaven? Sounds like a planned failure! And for what, a puppet show! Christ did not need to to nailed to the cross for that. the power of God could make that happen with out offering up His Son. This is something that a brain stem should be able to figure out!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You haven't answered the question. Why would it matter what they do or say? I was asking why anything mattered to Calvinists. I'm not a Calvinist. I needed help, admitted it, and God helped me; and I think God can do the same for anyone.
My opinion is me is hanging on a stake somewhere in the distant past, me is gone scripture tells us that God walks in us it’s not me that performs His works it’s Him. God only approves of The works of Christ

Many believe they have received something of themselves. Do you believe God healed the alcoholic or do you believe He destroyed the alcoholic in you?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok Thinking caps to full power! The Trinity discusses a plan....the Son of God...a God! Visualize that for a minute! The plan is to save humanity.....what kind of plan will this be?....will it be a plan that will mostly fail? 50/50 God's Son will have to go through the passion and be nailed to the cross....keeping in mind that this a God. And is the plan going to be, just to set up a puppet show? Some to hell and some to heaven? Sounds like a planned failure! And for what, a puppet show! Christ did not need to to nailed to the cross for that. the power of God could make that happen with out offering up His Son. This is something that a brain stem should be able to figure out!
You don’t know where or what hell is yet, or where or what heaven is, but you want to discuss some kinda of foolish scenario where God has to do something?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don’t know where or what hell is yet, or where or what heaven is, but you want to discuss some kinda of foolish scenario where God has to do something?

That is the best answer you have! The plan of God...we know it. But why?
foolish scenario where God has to do something?
You do not think God did anything? You might want to ask Him that question? That plan ended up with Him nailed on a cross!
And you say what?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the best answer you have! The plan of God...we know it. But why?
foolish scenario where God has to do something?
You do not think God did anything? You might want to ask Him that question? That plan ended up with Him nailed on a cross!
And you say what?
The plan all along is magnification of the Son. Not me and not you.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I wonder when a Calvinist reads Revelation 22:11 if they think all four categories are in heaven, or as I believe are split between hell and heaven?