Calvinism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don’t believe people who attend Calvinist churches are among the Brethren?

I am going to assume that you are asking this question out of innocence and that you have not read the posts.
I have said this so many times since I have been on this forum......For those that believe in Christ....pretty much regardless of their actions it is above our pay grade to judge if they are Christians or not.

Beside it is going to be hilarious watching them explain to God why they have slandered His character.

Reactions: Nancy

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, I can't make false claims. I have the Holy Spirit in me, guiding me, and He doesn't lead me into sin.
This is part of the delusion of Charismatic churches and defective teaching. When a real Christian who is battling to mortify sin, being led by the Spirit to do so reads this statement they know whoever posted it is in the much-needed correction.
Rather than really coming to grips with scripture, you default to your make-believe experiences over the word and think all is well. That is the delusion that we must expose.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every Christian still sins. There are no sinless Christians. Christians still have a physical body that the motions of sin still are at work.
Any professed Christian who claims they do not sin any longer does not understand sin or salvation

No, it is you that doesn't understand what Jesus came to do to reconcile us to a Holy God. If we still sin, how can we see God, as "without holiness no man shall see God." You believe it is just imputed righteousness of Jesus; that instead of empowering us to not commit willful sin against God anymore, you believe we still will and it is okay with God. Wrong. When Jesus removes our sin, (not just cover it up), he binds up our old nature so that it can no longer control us, and makes our nature born again of the Spirit. Read 1 John 3, and John 8:34-36. He frees us FROM SIN, not TO SIN.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is part of the delusion of Charismatic churches and defective teaching. When a real Christian who is battling to mortify sin, being led by the Spirit to do so reads this statement they know whoever posted it is in the much-needed correction.
Rather than really coming to grips with scripture, you default to your make-believe experiences over the word and think all is well. That is the delusion that we must expose.

Read what I just posted to you #1128.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am going to assume that you are asking this question out of innocence and that you have not read the posts.
I have said this so many times since I have been on this forum......For those that believe in Christ....pretty much regardless of their actions it is above our pay grade to judge if they are Christians or not.

Beside it is going to be hilarious watching them explain to God why they have slandered His character.
Ok let’s take a look at fruit of the Spirit that is. Love
Peace
Joy
Long suffering
Temperance this is not an exhaustive list but the one I’m focused on is temperance (self control), this is a sign the Holy Spirit indwells. They seem pretty calm and inviting to me.

How would you rate yourself and the charismatic lady?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every Christian still sins. There are no sinless Christians. Christians still have a physical body that the motions of sin still are at work.
Any professed Christian who claims they do not sin any longer does not understand sin or salvation
Are the temptations of the "physical body" so great, Christians are forced to sin?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you feel the need to expose anything? What would happen if you didn't?

I find it odd to say Christians can and do sin, but then say you "must expose" the delusions of others. Is exposing the errors of others more important than avoiding sin in our own lives?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok let’s take a look at fruit of the Spirit that is. Love
Peace
Joy
Long suffering
Temperance this is not an exhaustive list but the one I’m focused on is temperance (self control), this is a sign the Holy Spirit indwells. They seem pretty calm and inviting to me.

How would you rate yourself and the charismatic lady?

lol Total self control....I believe Christ was in total control when He beat the money-changers away from the temple. I am military so I would probably relate it to the Crusades, middle ages and modern. Hate and anger are not beneficial, doing the right thing, builds confidence. But I am in violation of the "do not resist evil thing" No apologies.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Exactly, those who say they have no sin are deceived and the truth is not in them, a solemn warning to professing believers.

It is a faux pas and redundancy to say the lost (unprofessing persons) are here mentioned since it is a given they don't have the truth and nothing in its context is concerning the world at large. Instead the text is striking and solemn, condemning professing believers who say they're sinless yet are really void of truth and self deceived. John uses the pronoun "we" showing such an indictment applies to all who profess to being converted. In fact the entire epistle is examining evidences of true and false conversion.

Here is some commentary: "and the truth is not in us; it is a plain case the truth of grace is not in such persons, for if there was a real work of God upon their souls, they would know and discern the plague of their own hearts, the impurity of their nature, and the imperfection of their obedience; nor is the word of truth in them, for if that had an entrance into them, and worked effectually in them, they would in the light of it discover much sin and iniquity in them; and indeed there is no principle of truth, no veracity in them; there is no sincerity nor ingenuity in them; they do not speak honestly and uprightly, but contrary to the dictates of their own conscience."

The fact remains believers sin. This reminds us of what Christ said to Peter (and to us): John 13:10ff. The same author of the Gospel is here expanding this truth in this epistle. Some have not encountered Christ so believe they are without sin. John says these are deceived.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Every Christian still sins. There are no sinless Christians.
This is correct. God calls those who deny this *LIARS*.

1 JOHN 1
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Throughout the New Testament, Christians are told over and over again to walk in the Spirit and not fulfil the desires of the flesh (the sin nature). While sin should not (and must not) have dominion over Christians (because of the indwelling Holy Spirit) any Christian who claims to be sinless is deceiving himself/herself and others, and is a liar in the sight of God. That is why we (the saints of God) are commanded to examine ourselves daily, confess daily, and repent daily. Paul said "I die daily".

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is exposing the errors of others more important than avoiding sin in our own lives?
Both are equally important. As you can see on this forum, there are many who say they are Christians but deluded about one thing or another. Therefore the written Word of God is given for both rebuke and correction (2 Tim 3:16,17).

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both are equally important. As you can see on this forum, there are many who say they are Christians but deluded about one thing or another. Therefore the written Word of God is given for both rebuke and correction (2 Tim 3:16,17).
For me many times viewing sin in others has made me aware of sin in me.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May I interject something here? Have we noticed that most of the time anyone in the Bible, be it Jesus or an Apostle, mentions us following, reading, understanding, obeying, etc. the words of Scripture..... they usually say something like "The FULL Word of God"? I'm pretty sure that negates the habit many of us have of posting a single Scripture, or even a couple of them to "prove a point", followed, basically, with an arrogant and rather prideful, "So There !!!!"

This, frankly, is one of the reasons I pay scant attention when someone pulls that stunt. While it proves that we may have a good memory (or a good "search" engine on our computer), it often fails to demonstrate that we have absorbed the complete meaning of the teaching involved.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol Total self control....I believe Christ was in total control when He beat the money-changers away from the temple. I am military so I would probably relate it to the Crusades, middle ages and modern. Hate and anger are not beneficial, doing the right thing, builds confidence. But I am in violation of the "do not resist evil thing" No apologies.
Yet Paul advises resistance at times. What's the difference?

When Jesus said that, he was probably talking about not fighting back if a Roman soldier struck you. The Jews had a riot at the Temple once that got lots of people killed. It started when a soldier on guard "passed wind" and a Jew said something. The soldier struck him (if I recall the story from Josephus right), and he hit the soldier back. More soldiers and Jews got involved, and it was a bloodbath. All because one person couldn't accept a slight insult and felt he needed to strike back. It was a very unrealistic resistance, creating even more evil while accomplishing nothing beneficial. We should not look at evil as something we must resist on principle so much that we lose our wits or free will. Evil isn't that big and powerful -- and sometimes when we see evil as winning, we think we must imitate in order to win.

Imagine a poisonous snake coming at you and a group of children. All you have in your hand is a sandwich. o_O Do you try to use the sandwich to "resist" the snake? No, you tell the children to get out of the way and you go get something to kill it with. That's not resisting evil, it's eliminating it.

Note too that a shepherd doesn't hate wolves. He doesn't go out hunting them for fun. He's not obsessed with resisting their nature. If they threaten his sheep, that's another story. He wants to do more than resist them. If he smacks them, and they go away, good for them; if they stay and fight, too bad for them.

I think if we can't see how we can eliminate evil, it's best to let it alone, and sometimes a weak response is a form of resistance that leaves people bruised.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm still looking for the Calvinist who will say, "Sadly, I am one of those God created to be sent to Hell." But, all I find is self-centered egotists pointing out "All those Reprobates" created as fodder to feed the fires of Hell.... while smugly patting one another on the back for being one of the special ones. I honestly think it is a psychological malfunction. Seems to be an awful lot of Narcissistic Pride involved.
This is about the dumbest post I have read yet. We can know if we are saved. If we are saved we are one of the chosen.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scriptures do not lie, but cult techniques are to twist the scriptures.

View attachment 7535
And again, all you post is stupid memes, gifs, strawman, and ad hominem. You don't understand the doctrines of grace and still have yet to show how they are either a) unbiblical or b) evil.

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo