Calvinism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell her David....Tell her how much you believe in Free-will....
I don't question free-will. But free-will is not the question. Ability and desire is the question. The reality is this, in our sin, there is none righteous, none that seek after God. None is all inclusive. Those that seek after God only do so by a changing of their desire from God.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't question free-will. But free-will is not the question. Ability and desire is the question. The reality is this, in our sin, there is none righteous, none that seek after God. None is all inclusive. Those that seek after God only do so by a changing of their desire from God.

So in some twisted way you are defining this as free-will

calvinistfreewill.jpeg

Reactions: John Caldwell

Steve Owen

Oct 13, 2019
Exmouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Any student of the Bible will agree on your verses. I, in fact, did deal with them.
I don't think you'll find you did.
What I did not entertain was your additions to those verses. You see, Steve, I believe that Scripture is sufficient. What is written IS ENOUGH. I do not need your additions or your tradition. That is what I discovered when I endeavored to read Scripture without them. It makes sense without the additions.
I do not add to Scripture, and you have not shown that I have. As for my 'traditions;' they are agnosticism for more than half my life followed by broad evangelical Arminianism. If you can find those traditions in my posts, good luck to you.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you had nothing to answer her with, so you tried to change the subject to something you hoped you could be successful in arguing about.
I didn't change the subject, I asked for clarification. Of course I had nothing to answer with because I don't know what question I am supposed to be answering. You can go back to your corner now you are making yourself look dumb.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because we know from Scripture we do not cease to sin willfully or unwillfully until we reach heaven. That's why. So if you say you have no sin you are a deceiver and the truth is not in you.

I've already responded to this fallacy, and it went right over your head. ZoooooooooooM!

What kind of nature do you have?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Predestination/Election happened before the foundation of the world. Ephesians 1:4

So you are saying that your god predestines people to be evil before the foundation of the world.
So you are saying that your god predestines people to be damned to hell before the foundation of the world.
So now we are getting somewhere....so explain your concept of free-will.

Reactions: Willie T