Can a Christian Be Possessed?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't be possessed, but you can be tempted. This old sinful body still has the heart of sin inside him.

Jeremiah 17:9 -
“The heart is deceitful above all things,
And desperately wicked;
Who can know it?

Romans 7:18-20 - For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, Lambano.

If you dont pay your car note your call will get repossesed.

No one gets possessed today but
By the lust of the eyes,
The lust of the flesh,
The pride of life

The world can hook you like a fishing lure taking you away from the eternal waters.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Can a Christian Be Possessed?​

There are many who go by the name 'Christian' who are possessed.
yes that it true, just look at all the child molesters and people within a church that support such people, cover up for such people and all the rest, Pope francs and how many of his Arch bishops are as corrupt as Hell. So all such people would be possessed by Satan.
I know that Pope JP2 and Pope Ben tried to stop such people but the Arch Bishops could not be controlled or did not bother with the Popes direction on such matters. And so to it is within every Church denominations powers evil people have set themselves up within, so as to destroy the real Church that is within Christ Jesus, by stealth and like the Serpent leading people astray with religion.
Religion can not save ones Soul, only Christ Jesus can do that ! that's the difference between all religion. for if they do not have Christ Jesus they are worthless.
Christ Jesus is the Head and the Church is his body ? They abide in him, outside of that is of this world that is Full of Deceptions and Delusions.
No one comes to the Father but through his only begotten Son in fact ! For the Son and the Holy Spirit are One in the same.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. I once knew girl in 1990s. She went to catholic church. I stopped dating her in 1997. I converted to christianity in year 2000. In 2004, she left message on answering machine. Five minutes long. It was vulgar and hatred. Her voice changed to masculine voice half way through. This is demonic possession. Her life is destroyed. Mabey during millennium, she might change, and see errors of her ways??.
Documentation, Matthew chapter 17:14.
Luke 4:33.
Galatians chapter 5::22. The flesh is in conflict with the spirit.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. I once knew girl in 1990s. She went to catholic church. I stopped dating her in 1997. I converted to christianity in year 2000. In 2004, she left message on answering machine. Five minutes long. It was vulgar and hatred. Her voice changed to masculine voice half way through. This is demonic possession. Her life is destroyed. Mabey during millennium, she might change, and see errors of her ways??.
Documentation, Matthew chapter 17:14.
Luke 4:33.
Galatians chapter 5::22. The flesh is in conflict with the spirit.
She wasn't a Christian. You became one. Christians cannot have the Spirit of Christ and a demon spirit at the same time.

Reactions: strepho

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Can a Christian Be Possessed?​

Possessed by what? Bad spirits?
Check some posts by some "Christians" on this forum.
Possessed or influenced both are pretty well the same.
I have seen such many a time that one is possessed in fact by something, nothing to do with Poltagiast rubbish at all, but under influence of something that is a problem with them ? that's not good at all ! it could be anything, their Working life clouds their whole being dominating themselves in depriving them of a Life ?
Possessed by their own ego ? that traps them in delusions, so they live a lie ! one could snap out of it and say, oh i have been living a lie ! wasting my life on being a fool ? etc etc, for They are all on their own truly and have only been digging a ditch for themselves.

Jesus came so that you would have Life in abundance in fact ! It's Jesus who gives you such ! for it's within you ! yet only it comes from Christ Jesus in fact ! It's not about this carnal world that is full of deceptions and delusions, but of the Kingdom of God !

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have seen such many a time that one is possessed in fact by something, nothing to do with Poltagiast rubbish at all, but under influence of something that is a problem with them ? that's not good at all ! it could be anything, their Working life clouds their whole being dominating themselves in depriving them of a Life ?
Possessed by their own ego ? that traps them in delusions, so they live a lie ! one could snap out of it and say, oh i have been living a lie ! wasting my life on being a fool ? etc etc, for They are all on their own truly and have only been digging a ditch for themselves.

Jesus came so that you would have Life in abundance in fact ! It's Jesus who gives you such ! for it's within you ! yet only it comes from Christ Jesus in fact ! It's not about this carnal world that is full of deceptions and delusions, but of the Kingdom of God !
I think you nailed it in two sections. First you described a carnal mind, and the last you described a spiritual mind.

Roman 8:6-7 - For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People of Christian faith can still be afflicted or persecuted/oppressed by demonic people, energy or spiritual forces.
Just like a police officer may be authorized to enforce the law, but can still be attacked unlawfully and even injured or killed.
Priests who get too far entangled in the deliverance/exorcism process HAVE been attacked and even physically injured by demonic entities.

Possession is generally rare, and most cases of demonic influence are OPPRESSION.

Since full possession is rare, it is even harder for a Christian believer to get that far in trouble with dark forces.
Any true Christian believer would avoid entanglement with dark/occult forces, and would go get prayer help
with deliverance and exorcism before it got to the point of full blown "possession."

The believers I know who understand enough of the demonic forces to seek or invoke exorcism/deliverance prayers,
HAVE experienced threats and attacks by such spirits.

Uniting in prayer for protection in Christ Jesus Authority to cast out these forces and entities
increases the safety net. But where we don't fully forgive and resolve conflicts, or let
our personal agenda or ego get in the way, the negative forces can use those weak spots to
get in and start trouble.

We can get more help when that happens,
but just being a Christian believer isn't enough to prevent attacks.

the attacks are an expected stage in the process of deliverance and healing.
It is commonly known that these demonic forces will seek to attack the
Christians helping the host person that the demons want to keep using like a parasite.
So the natural reaction to the introduction of the healing prayer is for the
demons to go attack the people on the healing team and try to invade any weaknesses in faith or ego.

Reactions: Azim

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes a Christian could be possessed by evil spirits.
How??
Those who don't have holy spirit.
Luke chapter 11;24. Jesus teaches about unclean spirits.
Those who don't have hojy spirit, are open to demonic influence and even possession.

Understand. Evil spirits can't co exist with the holy spirit.

A woman I was friend with, 1997. I cut off contact. I converted to christianity in 2000. She called me in 2004, and left message on answering machine. It was 5 minutes long. It was vulgar and Hatred. Half way through, her voice changed to masculine voice. This is demonic possession.
Whats more important. She is catholic. She claimed to be Christian back in 1997. Church is smoke screen. She uses it to hide her evil.

Those walking in darkness don't want to be around those who have holy spirit. Those in darkness are serving satan. They are in bondage to satan.

You can't serve two masters at the same time. Get the picture.

Ezekiel chapter 33. God doesn't desire the destruction of the wicked. He's hoping they will Repent and conform to God's standard. Sadly, some people wont !! .

Lot of people don't want anything to do with the light. They prefer to follow satan to destruction.

I won't sugar coat Gods word. I told the truth.

Reactions: Nancy