Can anyone explain this parable spoken by Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eccl.12:13

Aug 28, 2010
Can someone give me their thoughts on the meaning of this parable?

Matt. 13
[24] Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
[25] But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
[26] But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
[27] So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
[28] He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
[29] But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
[30] Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

And just to be clear....the following questions is what I am looking for to be answered;

Who are the (Tares)?
Who are the (Wheat)?
What does Jesus mean by (Let both grow together...)?
When will this harvest be that Jesus speaks?
Bind who by bundles?
Where will those that are bound burn?
And where is the barn?

Thanks for reading. Looking forward to your replies.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
Just what part of Jesus explanation are you confused about?

Matthew 13

[sup]36[/sup] Then Jesus sent the multitude away and went into the house. And His disciples came to Him, saying, “Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field.”
[sup]37[/sup] He answered and said to them: “He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. [sup]38[/sup] The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one. [sup]39[/sup] The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels. [sup]40[/sup] Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. [sup]41[/sup] The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, [sup]42[/sup] and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. [sup]43[/sup] Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

And the seed explained in Mark 4.

The Parable of the Sower Explained

[sup]13[/sup] And He said to them, “Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables? [sup]14[/sup] The sower sows the word. [sup]15[/sup] And these are the ones by the wayside where the word is sown. When they hear, Satan comes immediately and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts. [sup]16[/sup] These likewise are the ones sown on stony ground who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with gladness; [sup]17[/sup] and they have no root in themselves, and so endure only for a time. Afterward, when tribulation or persecution arises for the word’s sake, immediately they stumble. [sup]18[/sup] Now these are the ones sown among thorns; they are the ones who hear the word, [sup]19[/sup] and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. [sup]20[/sup] But these are the ones sown on good ground, those who hear the word, accept it, and bear fruit: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred.”

Aug 28, 2010
Just what part of Jesus explanation are you confused about?

I am not confused, as I said, I was just wondering what are some of the thoughts concerning this parable.

And what is your understanding on the following.....

[28] He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
[29] But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
[30] Let both grow together until the harvest:

Jesus told Hid disciples who all of the players were, but the above verses were not explained to the disciples by Christ.

What is the forums take on the above verses?

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
I am not confused, as I said, I was just wondering what are some of the thoughts concerning this parable.

And what is your understanding on the following.....

Jesus told Hid disciples who all of the players were, but the above verses were not explained to the disciples by Christ.

What is the forums take on the above verses?

Mt 13:39

dan p

Mar 26, 2009

Matt. 13
[24] Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
[25] But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
[26] But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
[27] So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
[30] Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

And just to be clear....the following questions is what I am looking for to be answered;

Who are the (Tares)?
Who are the (Wheat)?
Bind who by bundles?
And where is the barn?

Hi Eccl and the TARES are the wicked Jews in the Tribulation period .

The WHEAT are the Jews who do not accept the #666 and are the souls under the ALTER in Rev 6:9 .

I see that you jumping between the Parables in verse 24-30 and the Parable of verses 36-43 .

The reapers are the Angels in the Great Tribulation .

The wicked seed is gathered and cast into Hell , verse 40 .

The barn is the Kingdom .

And verse 40 , world , DOES NOT MEANS THE END OF THE WORLD .

The Greek word used in verse 40 , " the end of the world " is the Greek word AION and it means " the end of the AGE " which means " the end of the Tribulation "

These Parables were all given to Jews and Paul NEVER tells the Body of Christ of Parables ., dan p

Aug 28, 2010

As I said, I understand who the players are in this parable. I know who the Tares, Wheat, Reapers and the enemy are. Again, my question concerns the verses Jesus did not explain to His dieciples, which were the following;

Why does the Lord say NOT to gather the tares with the wheat?

What is meant by, "Let both grow together..."

I already have an understanding of this parable, I'm just wondering what others got from it.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
As I said, I understand who the players are in this parable. I know who the Tares, Wheat, Reapers and the enemy are. Again, my question concerns the verses Jesus did not explain to His dieciples, which were the following;

I already have an understanding of this parable, I'm just wondering what others got from it.

That were to leave you alone. :blink:

Vengle53

Aug 11, 2010
Ohio
Who are the (Tares)? 2 Corinthians 11:12 "But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we."

This is the rich man of the parable of Lazurus and the Rich Man. He desired a drop of water be placed on his tongue. Water represents God's word. Ephesians 5:26

That rich man did not like being debased as God's mouth piece and so begged Father Abraham to leave a drop of His word on his tongue.

2 Corinthians 11:13 "For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ."

2 Corinthians 11:18 "Seeing that many glory after the flesh, I will glory also.
19 For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise.
20 For ye suffer, if a man bring you into bondage, if a man devour you, if a man take of you, if a man exalt himself, if a man smite you on the face."

Guess who that describes?

2 Corinthians 11:4 "For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him."

Galatians 4:9 "But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?"

Galatians 4:25 "For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children."

Galatians 5:1 ¶Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?
8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.

Again I ask, guess what those teachers teach?

Aug 28, 2010
That were to leave you alone. :blink:

I am seriously interested in knowing what others think about the verses stated and this is the Christain response I receive, to leave me alone? We may not see eye to eye, but is this how Christ wants us to behave?

So no one has a clue as to what Jesus was saying in the following verses?

Will no one offer their take on these scriptures?

Vengle53

Aug 11, 2010
Ohio
I am seriously interested in knowing what others think about the verses stated and this is the Christain response I receive, to leave me alone? We may not see eye to eye, but is this how Christ wants us to behave?

I have explained that in quite some detail in other threads. Look for it if you are interested. Don't look for it if all you want to do is argue.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

The tares are the children of Satan through Cain.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house

Matt. 13

Who are the (Tares)?
Who are the (Wheat)?
Bind who by bundles?
And where is the barn?

The parable speaks about the Church that Christ built. The Apostles whom Christ sent into the world built churches through the Holy Spirit. The Apostles planted these good seeds, which bore fruit. But the enemy would attack the Church by planting false prophets among them. There are both good and bad in God's Church, but in the end, God will gather them and separate them just like the sheep and the goats parable.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
The tares are the children of Satan through Cain.

Congratulations, one of the 3 earth age believers speaks from his heart.
You must have read my post. http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/13247-what-preachers-do-you-like/page__view__findpost__p__99808

The parable speaks about the Church that Christ built. The Apostles whom Christ sent into the world built churches through the Holy Spirit. The Apostles planted these good seeds, which bore fruit. But the enemy would attack the Church by planting false prophets among them. There are both good and bad in God's Church, but in the end, God will gather them and separate them just like the sheep and the goats parable.

Are you indicating tares are in your church Selene? Now that would be the RCC right?
Congratulations to you as well.
Everyone is coming out of the closet!

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Congratulations, one of the 3 earth age believers speaks from his heart.

1) Just for clarification, there are many that understand the three Heaven and earth ages. I have talked about and taught the three ages for years. You just chose to not understand them.
2) Cain is a child of Satan born in the flesh in this earth age.
3) I do not read many of your posts.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Are you indicating tares are in your church Selene? Now that would be the RCC right?
Congratulations to you as well.
Everyone is coming out of the closet!

Of course, the SSPX has been found to be preaching heresy inside the Catholic Church and they were excommunicated by Pope John Paul II in 1988. We know that there are both bad and good inside our Church. After all, Christ called sinners to His Church. Are you claiming that everyone in your church are only good people in your church?

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
Of course, the SSPX has been found to be preaching heresy inside the Catholic Church and they were excommunicated by Pope John Paul II in 1988. We know that there are both bad and good inside our Church. After all, Christ called sinners to His Church. Are you claiming that everyone in your church are only good people in your church?

So now what do we do with your interpretation vs Jesus interpretation? Jesus said the field was the earth not the church.
Would you care to share your interpretation in detail. Or better yet how yours trumps Jesus?

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
1) Just for clarification, there are many that understand the three Heaven and earth ages. I have talked about and taught the three ages for years. You just chose to not understand them.
2) Cain is a child of Satan born in the flesh in this earth age.
3) I do not read many of your posts.

Thats all well and good you speak what you believe. But I must say all those here that believe as you do rarely speak about it in discussing theology.
Did I properly represent your belief in this post? http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/12619-the-truth-about-the-rapture/page__view__findpost__p__99799
I know that there is division about all the details with-in this teaching I've read threw some.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
So now what do we do with your interpretation vs Jesus interpretation? Jesus said the field was the earth not the church.
Would you care to share your interpretation in detail. Or better yet how yours trumps Jesus?

Jesus said to baptize all nations and spread the Gospel to all the world. God wanted everyone on the earth to know Him and be part of His Church.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
Jesus said to baptize all nations and spread the Gospel to all the world. God wanted everyone on the earth to know Him and be part of His Church.

You tricky little tiger, you didn't answer the question. Are you a politician now? ;)

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
You tricky little tiger, you didn't answer the question. Are you a politician now? ;)

I did answer the question. Where in my post did I say that the earth was the Church? :huh: I stated that the parable spoke about the Church that Christ built. The earth is still the earth. The Apostles were sent out into the world and through the Holy Spirit will plant the Churches (the assembly of people), which are the good crops. The tares are the false prophets. Both the good and bad will grow together in the Church. So you have an assembly of both good and bad growing together. At the end, they will be separated just like the sheep and the goats in another parable.