Can anyone explain this parable spoken by Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
I already have an understanding of this parable, I'm just wondering what others got from it.

Well here you have it Eccl. its amazing that Jesus gave the interpretation and you have these answers, have at um old boy.

Here we have the Jews.
Hi Eccl and the TARES are the wicked Jews in the Tribulation period .

The WHEAT are the Jews who do not accept the #666 and are the souls under the ALTER in Rev 6:9 .

The offspring of Cain
The tares are the children of Satan through Cain.

And its speaking of the Church
The parable speaks about the Church that Christ built. The Apostles whom Christ sent into the world built churches through the Holy Spirit. The Apostles planted these good seeds, which bore fruit. But the enemy would attack the Church by planting false prophets among them. There are both good and bad in God's Church, but in the end, God will gather them and separate them just like the sheep and the goats parable.

I did answer the question. Where in my post did I say that the earth was the Church? :huh: I stated that the parable spoke about the Church that Christ built. The earth is still the earth. The Apostles were sent out into the world and through the Holy Spirit will plant the Churches (the assembly of people), which are the good crops. The tares are the false prophets. Both the good and bad will grow together in the Church. So you have an assembly of both good and bad growing together. At the end, they will be separated just like the sheep and the goats in another parable.

Like I said Selene that's not how Jesus gave the interpretation.
So you did not answer my question.you simply continue to support yours over what Jesus said. So I must conclude you believe your interpretation trumps Jesus. You replaced earth with church
. And just where does Jesus say church in His interpretation?

So now what do we do with your interpretation vs Jesus interpretation? Jesus said the field was the earth not the church.
Would you care to share your interpretation in detail. Or better yet how yours trumps Jesus?

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
What I have learned from this thread is every word Jesus spoke is true.
We see the parable of the sower from Mark 4 demonstrated.

Mark 4

The Parable of the Sower
[sup]1[/sup] And again He began to teach by the sea. And a great multitude was gathered to Him, so that He got into a boat and sat in it on the sea; and the whole multitude was on the land facing the sea. [sup]2[/sup] Then He taught them many things by parables, and said to them in His teaching:
[sup]3[/sup] “Listen! Behold, a sower went out to sow. [sup]4[/sup] And it happened, as he sowed, that some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds of the air came and devoured it. [sup]5[/sup] Some fell on stony ground, where it did not have much earth; and immediately it sprang up because it had no depth of earth. [sup]6[/sup] But when the sun was up it was scorched, and because it had no root it withered away. [sup]7[/sup] And some seed fell among thorns; and the thorns grew up and choked it, and it yielded no crop. [sup]8[/sup] But other seed fell on good ground and yielded a crop that sprang up, increased and produced: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred.”
[sup]9[/sup] And He said to them,[sup][b][/sup] “He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”

The Parable of the Sower Explained

[sup]13[/sup] And He said to them, “Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables? [sup]14[/sup] The sower sows the word. [sup]15[/sup] And these are the ones by the wayside where the word is sown. When they hear, Satan comes immediately and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts. [sup]16[/sup] These likewise are the ones sown on stony ground who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with gladness; [sup]17[/sup] and they have no root in themselves, and so endure only for a time. Afterward, when tribulation or persecution arises for the word’s sake, immediately they stumble. [sup]18[/sup] Now these are the ones sown among thorns; they are the ones who hear the word, [sup]19[/sup] and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. [sup]20[/sup] But these are the ones sown on good ground, those who hear the word, accept it, and bear fruit: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred.”

Eccl.12:13

Aug 28, 2010
the TARES are the wicked Jews in the Tribulation period .
The WHEAT are the Jews who do not accept the #666 and are the souls under the ALTER in Rev 6:9 .

These Parables were all given to Jews and Paul NEVER tells the Body of Christ of Parables ., dan p

First, none of what you presented answered the questions I had, but getting by that, let's look at what you did post.

Above you said,
"...the Tares are the wicked Jews in the Tribulation Period...."

I'm just wondering how you got this out of what Jesus said below?

[41] The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

Jesus says His angels will gather ALL things that offend and those that do iniquity! Will only Jews offend and commit sin! ALL things that offend does not exclude everyone but the Jews. All that offend mean ALL!

So how did you interpret this to mean ONLY wicked Jews of the Tribulation Period? What scriptures tells us that when Jesus said, "...all things that offend..." really means, "...the wicked Jews in the Tribulation Period..."?

[42] And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Will there only be, "...the wicked Jews in the Tribulation Period..." cast into the fire upon Jesus return? God's word tells us no!

"For the day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty,"
"Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it."
"For this is the day of the Lord GOD of hosts, a day of vengeance, that he may avenge him of his adversaries:"
"For the day is near, even the day of the LORD is near, a cloudy day; it shall be the time of the heathen."
"For the day of the LORD is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head."

Next you said,
The WHEAT are the Jews who do not accept the #666

Again...what scripture tell us that Wheat is ONLY the Jews that did not accept the mark of the beast?

God's word tells us the following....

"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;"
"And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."

So along with those of the tribe of Israel that did not accept the mark of the beast there were also, "...a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues...", that also did not accept the mark!

Why are you trying to make it look is if this parable is ONLY about the nation of Israel when it is not?'

And finally you said,
Paul NEVER tells the Body of Christ of Parables

Well....OK! Are we to ingore those parables that Christ gave us just because Paul did not speak of them? Of course not! ALL of God's word is for EVERYBODY! Let's read it to confirm....

"And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God"

Paul tells us the same.....

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:.

That would be all scriptures; Gen. to Rev.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Can someone give me their thoughts on the meaning of this parable?

Matt. 13
[24] Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
[25] But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
[26] But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
[27] So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
[28] He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
[29] But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
[30] Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

And just to be clear....the following questions is what I am looking for to be answered;

Who are the (Tares)?
Who are the (Wheat)?
What does Jesus mean by (Let both grow together...)?
When will this harvest be that Jesus speaks?
Bind who by bundles?
Where will those that are bound burn?
And where is the barn?

Thanks for reading. Looking forward to your replies.

The customary way to interpret a passage like this is to read the whole chapter before one jumps to conclusions.
Jesus provided his own interpretation on this one.

Go down to verse 36 and read what He said.

Reactions: TexUs

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
The customary way to interpret a passage like this is to read the whole chapter before one jumps to conclusions.
Jesus provided his own interpretation on this one.

Go down to verse 36 and read what He said.

You would think so. And I posted the interpretation in the beginning. But that is not the case.
Id like to thank Eccl for the use of his fowlers net. Even laid out in full view [interpretation given by Jesus] it still caught a few birds, looking to snatch the seed from the wayside.

edit; see post 21 & 22

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
I don't understand why we're seeking to interpret what Christ himself already did. As pointed out: verse 36.

The only conclusion I can come to is
1) Utter failure to read the context
2) You don't like Christ's interpretation so you seek to make your own
3) True ignorance?

???????? I have no idea which one it is in this case.

Aug 28, 2010
Both the good and bad will grow together in the Church. So you have an assembly of both good and bad growing together. At the end, they will be separated just like the sheep and the goats in another parable.

Thank you for giving me your thoughts on the verses in question.

I noticed in your explanation you did not say anything about punishing those that are bad, but you understood it to mean just what it said;

"Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn."

In other words, leave the punishing to God when He returns.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Like I said Selene that's not how Jesus gave the interpretation.
So you did not answer my question.you simply continue to support yours over what Jesus said. So I must conclude you believe your interpretation trumps Jesus. You replaced earth with church
. And just where does Jesus say church in His interpretation?

There is nothing in my post claiming that the earth is the Church. Really, Bud? You are only attacking my interpretation simply because I am Catholic...and that is all. The original poster of this thread asked what our interpretation is. I don't see you attacking other people's interpretation. I gave my interpretation, and all you're doing is looking for things I did not even say.

Thank you for giving me your thoughts on the verses in question.

I noticed in your explanation you did not say anything about punishing those that are bad, but you understood it to mean just what it said;

"Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn."

In other words, leave the punishing to God when He returns.

You are welcome. :) You are correct that I did not say anything about the bad being punished. I did not think I have to because it is already a given that the wicked will never enter God's kingdom.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
There is nothing in my post claiming that the earth is the Church. Really, Bud? You are only attacking my interpretation simply because I am Catholic...and that is all. The original poster of this thread asked what our interpretation is. I don't see you attacking other people's interpretation. I gave my interpretation, and all you're doing is looking for things I did not even say.

Really? are you sure it's because your catholic or because the word church never appears in the parable or Jesus interpretation. It would seem I have a leg to stand on and you have none. Attacking is such a strong word and If you have not seen me debating the use of scripture with others then you don't read threads that contain my post. If your referring to this post your the only one that wants to attack my observation of you hacking Jesus interpretation and changing it into a plug for your church. Do I really need to remind you that you clearly said

The parable speaks about the Church that Christ built

1]The parable speaks about the Church that Christ built. 2] The Apostles whom Christ sent into the world 3] built churches through the Holy Spirit. 4] The Apostles planted these good seeds, which bore fruit. 5] But the enemy would attack the Church by planting 6] false prophets among them. There are both 7] good and bad in God's Church, but in the end, 8] God will gather them and separate them just like the sheep and the goats parable.

compare
1 no mention of church by Jesus
2 no mention of the Apostles Jesus says sons of the kingdom
3 or building churches threw the HS
4 Jesus says He sows the good seed, you say the Apostles "planted" them.
5 no mention by Jesus about attacking the church.......but there's that word again attack.
6 no mention of false prophets ether Selene
7 nothing about good and bad in Gods church is mentioned ether Selene.
8 Jesus says, the reapers are the angels. Not God

Jesus interpretation
Matthew 13
[sup]36[/sup] Then Jesus sent the multitude away and went into the house. And His disciples came to Him, saying, “Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field.”
[sup]37[/sup] He answered and said to them: “He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. [sup]38[/sup] The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one. [sup]39[/sup] The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels. [sup]40[/sup] Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. [sup]41[/sup] The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, [sup]42[/sup] and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. [sup]43[/sup] Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

As we can see you made the whole thing up from beginning to end. It sounds more like an plug for your church.
So as I said above, I can only conclude that your interpretation trumps Jesus words, And we both know thats exactly what you believe; because only the RCC can interpret scripture right.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Really? are you sure it's because your catholic or because the word church never appears in the parable or Jesus interpretation. It would seem I have a leg to stand on and you have none. Attacking is such a strong word and If you have not seen me debating the use of scripture with others then you don't read threads that contain my post. If your referring to this post your the only one that wants to attack my observation of you hacking Jesus interpretation and changing it into a plug for your church. Do I really need to remind you that you clearly said

Of course, it is about me being a Catholic because after I posted my response to the original poster to this thread, below is your very first post to me:

From bud02: Are you indicating tares are in your church Selene? Now that would be the RCC right?
Congratulations to you as well.
Everyone is coming out of the closet!

Under this thread, you said nothing about anyone's interpretation except mine. In fact, you did not even make any comment on Danp's post who interpretated the tares as the wicked Jews."

As we can see you made the whole thing up from beginning to end. It sounds more like an plug for your church.
So as I said above, I can only conclude that your interpretation trumps Jesus words, And we both know thats exactly what you believe; because only the RCC can interpret scripture right.

My brother, since when is a parable supposed to be taken literally? The fact that you said this already proves my point....that you indeed attack my post simply because I am Catholic. No where in any of my posts did I ever said that the RCC interpret Scripture right. You were the only one who stated it here in your very own post.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
You can chase your tail around and around all you like Selene. I don't care to join you.

I have already addressed everyone of your poor me I'm being picked on because I'm catholic responses.

except this one.
since when is a parable supposed to be taken literally?

Answer;; When Jesus gives the interpretation...... Come to think of it I addressed that one also, but you just don't accept that do you.

As you can see below I have no Idea why you pretend to understand scripture on your own, unless your out of communion with your church. Now you can call this an attack all day long, but the fact is its simply the truth about your church. The attack is from people that teach and support Paragraph 100 in the Catholic Catechism. That attack is against the very works of the Holy Spirit. So please dispense from using the word attack as your the one under attack. Your church has been attacking everyone that doesn't believe as you quite literal for hundreds of years.

Paragraph 100 in the Catholic Catechism: "The task of interpreting the Word of God authentically has been entrusted solely to the Magisterium of the Church, that is, to the Pope and to the bishops in communion with him."

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
You can chase your tail around and around all you like Selene. I don't care to join you.

I have already addressed everyone of your poor me I'm being picked on because I'm catholic responses.

except this one.
since when is a parable supposed to be taken literally?

Answer;; When Jesus gives the interpretation...... Come to think of it I addressed that one also, but you just don't accept that do you.

As you can see below I have no Idea why you pretend to understand scripture on your own, unless your out of communion with your church. Now you can call this an attack all day long, but the fact is its simply the truth about your church. The attack is from people that teach and support Paragraph 100 in the Catholic Catechism. That attack is against the very works of the Holy Spirit. So please dispense from using the word attack as your the one under attack. Your church has been attacking everyone that doesn't believe as you quite literal for hundreds of years.

Paragraph 100 in the Catholic Catechism: "The task of interpreting the Word of God authentically has been entrusted solely to the Magisterium of the Church, that is, to the Pope and to the bishops in communion with him."

My brother, the poster of this thread asked for an interpretation of the parable. I answered it, and nowhere in my post to him did I even bring up anything about the Catholic Church. YOU were the one who made it an issue. That is the truth. Anyone reading this thread knows that nowhere in my first post did I even mention the Catholic Church or Catholicism. YOU did that. :)

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
My brother, the poster of this thread asked for an interpretation of the parable. I answered it, and nowhere in my post to him did I even bring up anything about the Catholic Church. YOU were the one who made it an issue. That is the truth. Anyone reading this thread knows that nowhere in my first post did I even mention the Catholic Church or Catholicism. YOU did that. :)

If your so uptight with the facts about your church I suggest you find another one. :rolleyes:
Did I say something untrue about the RCC? Your the one that's apparently ashamed about its teaching.

And by the way Jesus gave the interpretation as everyone else that has commented in this post knows except you.
:blink:

Vengle53

Aug 11, 2010
Ohio
All of us are come from that same field sown of both wheat and tares, for that field is the world.

Iron sharpens iron, and men's hearts tend to get entangled with the hearts of those they are near to.

The wheat are those of us who prove to be doing our primary growing from the roots developed of the good seed of God's pure word in the good soil of our hearts. Matthew 13:23 "But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty."

The tares are those of us who prove to be doing our primary growing from the roots developed of the bad seed sown of the devil in the bad soil of our hearts. Matthew 13:15 "For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them."

These tares do not coexist harmlessly whith the wheat. Matthew 13:19 "When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side." This wicked one, (using as his agents the children of the devil, the collective man of sin - son of destruction, these tares), does not simply snatch the good seed out of the hearts of men leaving their hearts empty. No, but he sows his own roots of knowledge into their hearts to lull them into a false sense of being satisfied as though yet having only the roots of good seed sown within them.

And with this all kept in mind we are now prepared to see deeper into the parable first asked about in this thread. Let those who glory in their blindness become blinder yet as they weep and gnash their teeth upon the workers in the field and upon those who are casting these tares from out of there hearts. Matthew 13:41-42 "The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.'

Deuteronomy 22:9 "Thou shalt not sow thy vineyard with divers seeds: lest the fruit of thy seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled."

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
If your so uptight with the facts about your church I suggest you find another one. :rolleyes:
Did I say something untrue about the RCC? Your the one that's apparently ashamed about its teaching.

And by the way Jesus gave the interpretation as everyone else that has commented in this post knows except you.
:blink:

My brother, if I was uptight I would have attacked your post. But YOU were the one who attacked my post simply because I am Catholic. How can I be ashamed of its teaching especially when I even admitted that we do have bad people inside our Church?

Jesus gave the interpretation as everyone esle that has commented in this post except me????? Really? I see the original poster thanking me for my opinion except you. :p All you did was criticize my interpretation simply because I am Catholic.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
My brother, if I was uptight I would have attacked your post. But YOU were the one who attacked my post simply because I am Catholic. How can I be ashamed of its teaching especially when I even admitted that we do have bad people inside our Church?

Jesus gave the interpretation as everyone esle that has commented in this post except me????? Really? I see the original poster thanking me for my opinion except you. :p All you did was criticize my interpretation simply because I am Catholic.

Lets consider the OP Eccl. He is well known by anyone that has spent time here as someone that post questions that soon lead to him promoting his understanding. When he tires of the conversation, or rather can not resist the scripture showing his error he starts a new thread.
Now this thread was different the scripture he inquired about was interpreted by Jesus himself. Most immediately seen this and posted that fact. Others, including yourself instead chose to ignore Jesus interpretation and add their own. In light of those facts its no wonder Eccl the OP patted you on the back with a thank you. You have just done what Eccl is most noted for, taking simple and plain scripture out of context and adding your own interpretation. Of course hes happy, the two of you are brothers, unlike you and I.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Lets consider the OP Eccl. He is well known by anyone that has spent time here as someone that post questions that soon lead to him promoting his understanding. When he tires of the conversation, or rather can not resist the scripture showing his error he starts a new thread.
Now this thread was different the scripture he inquired about was interpreted by Jesus himself. Most immediately seen this and posted that fact. Others, including yourself instead chose to ignore Jesus interpretation and add their own. In light of those facts its no wonder Eccl the OP patted you on the back with a thank you. You have just done what Eccl is most noted for, taking simple and plain scripture out of context and adding your own interpretation. Of course hes happy, the two of you are brothers, unlike you and I.

No, Bud, you are simply jealous that he thanked me for my interpretation. I did not ignore Jesus' interpretation. I know that He not only died for us, but He also built His Church to carry on His mission to let all peoples of the earth know of Him. What Christ planted was the Church. Those were the crops. And the devil....the sneaky little devil wants to destroy those crops. The devil planted weeds together with the crops, but in the end, the crops and the weeds will be separated just like the sheep and the goats in another parable. The weeds will be thrown into the fire. There is nothing in my post that says that the Church was the earth. That is just something you decide to put in my mouth. :p

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
No, Bud, you are simply jealous that he thanked me for my interpretation. I did not ignore Jesus' interpretation. I know that He not only died for us, but He also built His Church to carry on His mission to let all peoples of the earth know of Him. What Christ planted was the Church. Those were the crops. And the devil....the sneaky little devil wants to destroy those crops. The devil planted weeds together with the crops, but in the end, the crops and the weeds will be separated just like the sheep and the goats in another parable. The weeds will be thrown into the fire. There is nothing in my post that says that the Church was the earth. That is just something you decide to put in my mouth. :p

I don't have to put words in your mouth, right up their you said it again. What Christ planted was the Church.

Jesus said in the parable.
“He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man.

And in the interpretation He says; The sower sows the word.

The son of Man "Jesus" sows the word.

Not Christ planted a church. That is nothing more than a plug for your church as I have said before.

I'll repeat it for you!!!!!!!!! I don't need to put words in your mouth like you so wrongly accused me of. You do that all by yourself.
You really do need to get a grip on what you say and what Jesus said. The two are not the same.
I'm really getting board with rubbing your nose in the mess you insist on repeating, so don't be disappointed If I decide to no longer reply.

Aug 28, 2010
Now this thread was different the scripture he inquired about was interpreted by Jesus himself.

If you could, would you please direct me to the verse where Jesus interpreted the following;

"Let both grow together"

Book, chap. and verse please!

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
I don't have to put words in your mouth, right up their you said it again. What Christ planted was the Church.

Jesus said in the parable.
“He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man.

And in the interpretation He says; The sower sows the word.

The son of Man "Jesus" sows the word.

Not Christ planted a church. That is nothing more than a plug for your church as I have said before.

I'll repeat it for you!!!!!!!!! I don't need to put words in your mouth like you so wrongly accused me of. You do that all by yourself.
You really do need to get a grip on what you say and what Jesus said. The two are not the same.
I'm really getting board with rubbing your nose in the mess you insist on repeating, so don't be disappointed If I decide to no longer reply.

My brother, you did accuse me of posting that the earth is the Church. I never said such thing in my post and the proof is under this thread. Okay, so you have your own interpretation of the parable, and I have mine. So, why are you telling me your interpretation when in the first place, I was not the one asking for anyone's interpretation. :p