Can I still go to heaven or not?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I don't want to go to hell but I feel like God's word can't be broken.

Jason,

You have a circular reasoning situation in your head, = its repeating thoughts that have become tormenting.
See, when a person is convinced that all hope is lost, between them and God, Its usually caused by reading a verse in HEBREWS, that talks about willfully sinning.
What you are going through, is what a certain couple of verses in that Epistle, can cause in a believer's mind.
Its very tormenting, and im sorry for your pain, but it can be ended, and peace restored.
Thats a fact.

Let me assure you that God is happy to welcome you into His family.
Jason, God is not angry with you. And you are not the first person to feel and even believe that you have somehow created a situation where you can't be saved, or have lost your salvation.
This is very common.....very common.

I promise you that this is not true.
I promise you that God loves you right now, yesterday, and forever.
You just need to allow yourself to understand that what you are thinking, is not what God is thinking.
Your tormenting thoughts are not God's thoughts. God thoughts toward you are peace, love, and forgiveness, always, always..always.
God loves you, no matter what.

So, step one, is that you have to forgive yourself, Jason.
You have to just forgive yourself, as God has no issue with you being His.
Nothing you can do, can cause God to not love you.
God always wants you to be a part of His family.
That is what God wants for you Jason... right now, and tomorrow, and always.
But you are blocking yourself from God, because you feel guilty, and you have the tormenting fear...and all of this has bloomed into some serious condemnation in your mind.
God is not causing you to feel this, as God would have you free and happy and calm, and at peace.
Believe it., its true.

Reactions: dhh712 and Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, @Jason1910,

You're just going to have to trust the loving-kindness, mercy, and grace of a God who was willing to have His own Son die for unforgivable sins. For YOU. Because I don't see that you have any other choice now. Do you?
Exactly! And we all get bad thoughts because you can't always control thoughts. But you can learn to get rid of them quickly - take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Jason1910

Sep 3, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. You were 14.
2. You may have blasphemed against Jesus, but blaspheming against Jesus is NOT the same thing as blaspheming against the Holy Spirit.

Jesus tells us in Matthew 13:31,32 " Therefore, I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. And, whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven; but whoever speaks against the holy Spirit will not be forgiven in this age or in the age to come."

The sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit has to be deliberate...committed with full knowledge and consent. It basically means that one has completely refused to repent from sin and accept forgiveness. It is the "sin committed by the person who claims to have a 'right' to persist in evil" (Dominum et Vivificantem, 46).

What others have said on this thread is true. Read it, again and again.
Yes but the Holy Spirit was in Jesus and I feel like I did something similar to the Pharisees.

Jason1910

Sep 3, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly! And we all get bad thoughts because you can't always control thoughts. But you can learn to get rid of them quickly - take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
But in my situation, thoughts and beliefs are two different things.

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't want to go to hell but I feel like God's word can't be broken.
You are right. His word can't be broken. He has provided justice and mercy in the cross of Christ. If God will hold your sin accountable to you and not forgive you, then he is lying when he says, "Come to me all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest" and "I will in nowise turn away anyone who calls on my name." We already explained to you have you have not sinned the unforgiveable sin because you would not be interested in repenting (such people believe God is evil and are not interested in coming to him AT ALL. The fact that you DO want to come to him PROVES you have not sinned the unforgiveable sin).

If you believe God cannot forgive you then you DO believe that his word can be broken. So which is it? Please believe that God is merciful above all things. He has shown us that mercy triumphs justice in giving to us His only beloved Son as a sacrifice for ALL the sins of those who would believe upon Him.

Yes but the Holy Spirit was in Jesus and I feel like I did something similar to the Pharisees.

No, you haven't done what they did. They accused God of being in league with Satan. That is when he spoke of the unforgiveable sin. And, even those that did accuse God of evil, those Pharisees who repented were saved and brought into the church (In Acts at Peter's sermon on Pentecost, he says, "You crucified the Lord of Glory"--surely some of those were the Pharisees he was talking to since it was they who were most responsible for crucifying Jesus. They asked what must they do to be saved and he tells them that they can find salvation still by repenting and believing in Jesus).

You need to do what Pearl said earlier, "Take every thought captive..." These thoughts of yours are coming from Satan, accusing you that you are not fit to be reconciled to God. I ask you to get on your knees and pray for God's protection from him and say these words, "The Lord rebuke thee, Satan". And then believe that God has delivered you from the Evil One.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I grew up in the Christian Church

Then it’s likely you weren’t sufficiently equipped to be a true born again saint.

Read the Bible and pray constantly.

I pray there’s still hope for you.

Many “churches” are dens of devils.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think you want to move on. You have read everything we have all said to you but show no desire to accept our words.

@Jason1910 You remind me of a young man from my church many years ago. He was 21 when I first knew him and he would come to my door two or three times a week and talked about the same negative issues time after time after time. He went from one person to another and another telling the same tale and getting the same answers/advice until everybody got heartily sick of trying to help somebody who didn't really want help but just liked being 'poor me'. We all loved him. We all prayed for him. But in the end it was his choice not to get in the boat.

He eventually died a lonely tragic death aged just 44. Do not be like that. To move on you have to do more than just keep on saying you can't. You can if you really want to.

Last edited:
Reactions: dhh712

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jason1910 , if you trusted the One who sent His only-begotten Son to die for your unforgivable sins, if you REALLY trusted Him to forgive you (and a Man on a cross is your sign that He is so willing), what difference would it make in your life?

Think about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jason, please take to heart our words here. We know our Lord. He will receive you with open arms should you turn to him in repentance. Please know that the choice is yours--the only way he will send you away from him forever is because you chose to be away from him forever. Please don't choose that. Choose to turn to Him and know the compassion, strength and magnificent beauty of the Lord Jesus.