Can Jesus Christ Second Return Happen at ANY Moment? Pt. 3

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eccl.12:13

Aug 28, 2010
CONCLUSION

Now is it a coincident that each of the above events lasts 3.5 years? Of course not! After all, the reason Jesus tells us to go to the book of Daniel in the first place is for us to know the signs of His second coming. And as we all know, the vision John was having in the book of Rev. was about the events that would take place at the second coming of Christ.

So yes!!! All of the events we have been reading about are all one time events taking place at the same time. The AOD is revealed and set up in the temple in Jerusalem. He will make war with the saints and win. He will speak great words against the most High. He will have full control over, ‘…all kindreds, tongues and nations.’ All of this he will do this for a period of; 1,260 - 1,290 days, or forty and two months, or 3.5 years. During this time God sends (2) witnesses to prophesy and perform miracles. At the end of 3.5 years The AOD will stop the daily sacrifice and the ’time of trouble’ or ’great tribulation’ will be over. Now that’s strange, in all of our reading we have read nothing of Christ coming BEFORE any of these things happening. What about the gathering of the saints? What about the so called ‘RAPTURE‘?

So I ask you, must these things come to pass in the order God said they would? Well, If you believe the word of God, these events must happen exactly as the scriptures states. They must! Why? Because it is, “…impossible for God to lie…”, Heb 6:18.

Still not convinced? Well let’s read a few more verses that should leave no doubt in your mind that Jesus cannot, make that, WILL NOT, return any sooner than the signs given to us in the scriptures. Let’s continue in the book of Matt.

Now we know Jesus tells us that there will be times of great tribulation;

Matt 24:21. For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

But look at what he tells us next;

29. Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

And at which trump will all of these things spoken of take place?

I Cor 15:52. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

And what is the number of the last trumpet that will sound, at which time all will be complete?

Rev 8:17. 2. And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.

6. And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.

Rev 11:15. And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Please take note of ALL that is being said here, especially when the gathering of the elect takes place. Jesus tells us with His own mouth that it will be, ‘Immediately AFTER the tribulation of those days…’, and, ‘…then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven…’ and ‘…gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.’, ’… In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump…’ Need more proof? Let’s go to II Thes;

II Thes 2:1. Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

3. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4. Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

So here we have Paul, writing to the Thessalonians about the coming of the Lord, warning them not to let any man deceive them by any means. He then goes on to tell them that the day of the Lords coming SHALL NOT COME, until the AOD is revealed. He also let’s us know it will be at that time we are gathered unto him. Let’s read quickly about this gathering of saints!

In the book of Zechariah we are given glimpse of end time events;

Zech 14:1. Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

4. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof ..

5. And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; …and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

And now in the NT;

Acts 1:11. Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

12. Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

Would you not say that this too is a one time event? Just how many one time events can there be? How many times can Jesus return to the mount of Olives? And who will be with Him when He returns? I wonder how many gatherings of the saints will there be? My guess is (1)!!!

Col 3:4. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

I Thes 4:14. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

So, putting this all into perspective, we have the following;

1. The ‘great tribulation will begin when the AOD comes on the scene and is revealed. Dan 7:25.
2. Jesus CANNOT return before the time of ‘great tribulation’. Matt 24:29.
3. The ‘great tribulation’ or ‘times of trouble’ will last for 3.5 years. Dan 12:7.
4. During the tribulation, God sends His two witnesses to prophesy and perform miracles. Rev 11:3-12.
5. Jesus states himself that He will return, AFTER the great tribulation. Matt 24:30.
6. When Jesus returns, it will be at that time He gathers the saints. Matt 24:31, Zach 14:5 & II Thes 2:1.
7. The gathering of the saints does not happen until the last trumpet sounds. I Cor15:52.
8. The 7th trumpet is the last one. Which means (6) will sound prior to Christ 2nd coming. Rev 11:15
9. When Jesus does return, it will be to the mount of Olives. Zach 14:11 & Acts 1:11-12.

Jesus warns His disciples to, ’…Take heed that no man deceive you.’. Paul warns the Thessalonians, ‘…Let no man deceive you by any means‘. My question to you is, have you been deceived? Is it really possible for Christ to come back at a moments notice? Tomorrow? Today? In this very second? Can it happen without any warnings or signs what so ever? And how about the ‘rapture’ of the saints happening BEFORE the ‘time of trouble’ and ‘great tribulation‘? Is this still your belief? Is this the doctrine we just learned about in the scriptures? Well, if you do not know the answer to these questions by now, I guess what the scriptures says is true; for some, Jesus will come as a thief in the night.

I Thes 5:2. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

Rev 3:3. Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. IF THEREFORE THOU SHALT NOT WATCH, I WILL COME ON THEE AS A THIEF, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Now let’s read what the scriptures has to say for those that did what Jesus said, ‘…whoso readeth, let him understand), let’s read about the children of light;

I Thes 5:4. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

So, will you heed the warnings of Christ and Paul and not let any man deceive you by any means? Will you be a child of the light? One that watches, reads and understands, so that day does not overtake you as a thief. Do you know the signs of the second coming of Christ? If you do, answer me this;

Jesus Christ second coming; Can it really happen at ANY moment?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Now is it a coincident that each of the above events lasts 3.5 years? Of course not! After all, the reason Jesus tells us to go to the book of Daniel in the first place is for us to know the signs of His second coming. And as we all know, the vision John was having in the book of Rev. was about the events that would take place at the second coming of Christ.

Still, a 3.5 years period is only covering half of the final "one week" Daniel was given in Dan.9:27. You're missing the other half.

So yes!!! All of the events we have been reading about are all one time events taking place at the same time. The AOD is revealed and set up in the temple in Jerusalem. He will make war with the saints and win. He will speak great words against the most High. He will have full control over, ‘…all kindreds, tongues and nations.’ All of this he will do this for a period of; 1,260 - 1,290 days, or forty and two months, or 3.5 years. During this time God sends (2) witnesses to prophesy and perform miracles. At the end of 3.5 years The AOD will stop the daily sacrifice and the ’time of trouble’ or ’great tribulation’ will be over. Now that’s strange, in all of our reading we have read nothing of Christ coming BEFORE any of these things happening. What about the gathering of the saints? What about the so called ‘RAPTURE‘?

Problem is, the prior 3.5 years in the final "one week" must be accounted for also. I believe that will be covered by a peace treaty in Jerusalem, and the go ahead to build the temple, and start up sacrifices in it again, and will continue through a first 1260 years period.

But the second 1260 years period starting when the daily sacrifices are ended with the AOD setup, is what officially begins the great tribulation period you speak of. Daniel was given another additional 45 days added onto that 1290 period when the saints who remain faithful will be blessed. That 1335 days period would 'seem' to point to that total time as the great tribulation like you've shown. However, it's the removal of the daily sacrifice and placing the AOD AFTER 1290 days that actually starts the great tribulation period of false worship to the AOD in place of the daily sacrifice.

But what you're saying is that at the end of 1260 days the placing of the AOD ends the daily sacrifice AND ALSO the "time of trouble" or "great tribulation". If that were true, then it would mean the start period of daily sacrifices would be the great tribulation period, WITHOUT the AOD. It would mean the daily sacrifice still being recognized INSTEAD of the AOD in place of the daily sacrifice. God's Word warns us against falling to worship the "image of the beast" per Rev.13, which is what the AOD is (see Ezek.8 and 9).

I believe per the Daniel and Revelation Scripture you quoted that the false one of 2 Thess.2:3-4 AND abomination of desolation together MUST be in place to start the great tribulation. So the 1290 day period cannot be the end of the tribulation, but only the start of the false worship of the AOD.

Eccl.12:13

Aug 28, 2010

Still, a 3.5 years period is only covering half of the final "one week" Daniel was given in Dan.9:27. You're missing the other half.

Dan.9:27 has NOTHING to do with the Tribulation Period! Which is why it is not included in this lesson.

If God wanted to tell us the Tribulation period was to last for 7 years he could just as easily have said, "two thousand five hundred and fifty and five days." Or, "Times, Times, Times and a Time." Or, "Eighty and Four months." But He did not. It would not have been hard to do, nor would it have been hard for us to figure out.

God tells us (6) times and in 3 different ways that the tribulation period WILL last for 3.5 years. He tells us in the OT! He tell us in the NT! He tells us using Days! He tells us using Months! He tells us using Years! Along with all He has given us, He even tells us what event to look for that will kick it all off! God tells us so many times and in so many ways it is almost HARD to miss. And yet there will still be those that will let someone do just what Jesus and Paul warned us about;

Matt.24
[4] And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

2Thes.2
[3] Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

I’m sorry to say, but if you have been taught, and believe, the tribulation period is going to last for 7 years…..YOU HAVE BEEN DECEIVED!!!

You will find yourself seeing events happening and THINKING you have another 3.5yrs until you must do something. If you do that you are going to end up having only TWO choices: You AND your family taking the mark, or dying for the name of Christ.