Can men with man buns be saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. In every instance, when looking at a portrait of Jesus, was He painted as having long or short hair? If long would He not be in violation of 1 Corinthians 11:4,7?

I asked that question differently: I inquired as to what the definition of "long" is, concerning men, and what is "short" concerning women. Whatever "long" hair was for a male, was by nature, shorter than what was normal for women. As for some medieval painting of what Jesus supposedly looked like, I do not place much weight in that.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all know the saying to, "Never judge a book by its cover.", but that has become norm for this thread.

I just wonder if this is also the case today.

So, you would have no problem with the male who wears a man-bun when he goes to read at Drag Time Story Hour?

Reactions: Jay Ross

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Go back to OP, post #1 and read the first sentence of the second paragraph.

Don't let me accuse you of Exodus 20:16 "thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor."

To God Be The Glory

My apologies to Josho, then for not remembering clearly what he had actually posted in the OP 11 pages back.

However your comments are noted that you did not comment on all of my post where I was suggesting the a man with long hair, who put his long hair up into a "man bun" would be judged on the cleanliness of his heart and not on the outward appear of his "man bun" as perceived by others.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No. In every instance, when looking at a portrait of Jesus, was He painted as having long or short hair? If long would He not be in violation of 1 Corinthians 11:4,7?

Most portraits of Jesus are with long hair, but have you seen the painting Akiane Kramarik painted when she was a kid, she painted what Jesus looked like to her from her visions. She completed this painting called "Prince of Peace" when she was 8 years old.

prince-of-peace-bles.com_.jpg

Here is a little bit of her testimony.
Child artist Akiane Kramarik said she saw Jesus’ ‘true’ face in her dreams and decided to paint it on canvas - Good Times

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most portraits of Jesus are with long hair, but have you seen the painting Akiane Kramarik painted when she was a kid, she painted what Jesus looked like to her from her visions. She completed this painting called "Prince of Peace" when she was 8 years old.

prince-of-peace-bles.com_.jpg

Here is a little bit of her testimony.
Child artist Akiane Kramarik said she saw Jesus’ ‘true’ face in her dreams and decided to paint it on canvas - Good Times

I would not put any stock on dreams and visions specially in the last days when the Bible has been completed. This type of phenomenon stopped with the apostles. And scripture declares “no one has seen God at anytime.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ye I thought as much I can recognize Aussie humour.
I just started thinking about me in my 20s with long hair and thought i better give a heads up at least. Just in case

And besides a man bun wouldn't hold too well with my thick hair, I have tried tying up my hair before, of course it probably needed to be longer, but one of those times my hair was probably 6 inches long, tried tying it up and my hair just did not want to stay in the elastic band. Haha

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And besides a man bun wouldn't hold too well with my thick hair, I have tried tying up my hair before, of course it probably needed to be longer, but one of those times my hair was probably 6 inches long, tried tying it up and my hair just did not want to stay in the elastic band. Haha

Jesus Christ is always depicted with a beard and long hair, right...
Could he possibly have had a... Nooo.... Surely not

But if Jesus Christ had long hair then u can't rule out the possibility that he may have man bunned it.
Maybe to sleep

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is the majority of you keep discussing about "man's bun" instead of answering the OP's question as I have in post #143?

Having long hair in a man is how the world admires as being "macho" but it should not be for Christians as having long hair is contrary to 1 Corinthians 11:1-16.

Not only does man having long hair dishonors himself according to 1 Corinthians 11, he is also in violation of 1 Thessalonians 5:22 as having an appearance of evil!

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Josho, Well if you want the style, don't bother about the hair. (An earring would just be far easier to manage.)

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why is the majority of you keep discussing about "man's bun" instead of answering the OP's question as I have in post #143?

Having long hair in a man is how the world admires as being "macho" but it should not be for Christians as having long hair is contrary to 1 Corinthians 11:1-16.

Not only does man having long hair dishonors himself according to 1 Corinthians 11, he is also in violation of 1 Thessalonians 5:22 as having an appearance of evil!

To God Be The Glory

Thanks. I'm fairly sure everyone is aware of the biblical answer to the question.
Understand that we are just joking around, having a laugh at modern hair styles

Reactions: Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

To God Be The Glory

Do we know what was considered as short hair in the Bible though?

It wouldn't surprise me if most men had hair that covered the back of their neck around the time when the Bible was written, even the NT.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It wouldn't surprise me if most men had hair that covered the back of their neck around the time when the Bible was written, even the NT.

Ahh the classical 1980s mullet. I had one. You couldn't play any football code unless u had a mullet back then
Just look at all the players of that era, they all had mullets

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. I'm fairly sure everyone is aware of the biblical answer to the question.

Really? Then why has no one introduced 1 Corinthians Chapter 11? Is it
because this thread is a joke?

Understand that we are just joking around, having a laugh at modern hair styles

Well, the lake of fire is not a laughing matter either.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Really? Then why has no one introduced 1 Corinthians Chapter 11? Is it
because this thread is a joke?

Well, the lake of fire is not a laughing matter either.

Don't u have a sense of humour?
No one is giving into sin or being blasphemous so what exactly are you complaining about?

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't u have a sense of humour?[/QUOTE]

"They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's (Matthew 22:21).

Now, do you still think jokes belong in Christian forums?

No one is giving into sin or being blasphemous so what exactly are you complaining about?

Consider the following verses:

1 Corinthians 14:22-25:

22) Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not, but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them that believe.
23) If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?
24) But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all.
25) And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

To God Be The Glory

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eh, to each his own.

Seems there are likely more Moms dealing with not only their daughters helping themselves to Moms jewelry, clothing, purses and make-up...but confusing the heck out of G-pa and G-ma. LOL

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can men with man buns be saved? OP^

Saved from being teased? Probably not.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So possibly might have long enough hair in 2 months for a man bun, if I don't get it cut.