Can Our Lower Adamic Nature Be Rehabilitated by the Works of the Law?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not what Colossians 2:14 is saying. It says that the ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us was blotted out. The word "Blotted" means to obliterate. How do you cancel the debt without obliterating the law? To be under the law or subject to it is to be under a curse, Galatians 3:10.
How? By the forgiveness of the trespasses and sins and with the sacrifice on the cross for the debt owed as a result of the trespasses and sins.

ESV

Col 2:13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,

Col 2:14 by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.

NASB

Col 2:13 When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions,
Col 2:14 having canceled out the
certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

laBonhomme

Nov 25, 2023
Western Cascades
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that were possible then Jesus lived and died in vain. Paul said, "Therefore by the deeds of the law (what we do) there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20. The purpose of the law is to judge and condemn, it cannot save or justify.

Paul wrote, "Knowing this that our old man (Adam) is crucified with Christ, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that hence forth we should not serve sin" Romans 6:6.

In the Gospel we are spiritually crucified with Christ, our old sin nature has been put to death in Jesus Christ. That is not the end. In the resurrection we are spiritually risen with Christ, Paul said, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new" 2 Corinthians 5:17. It's all about trusting and believing in what Jesus has done and not in what we are trying to do.

If you believe that you can save and justify yourself by the works of the law (what you do, your obedience) then you have bought the devils lie. This is why Paul said, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4. Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of the law. Having fulfilled the law for us he then abolished it by nailing it to his cross, Colossians 2:14. Why did Jesus abolish the law? He abolished the law because all that have faith in him "Are complete in him" Colossians 2:10. No laws, rules or religion needed.
What do you really mean by "lower Adamic nature"? Just the fact that Adam was created a "little lower than the angels", because that's a debatable viewpoint. Adam was created to be immortal, the same as the angels were created to be immortal. Both Adam and Lucifer were created, and neither you nor Adam is God, but at the same time, there are those who theorize that closer to creation and the time of the Garden of Eden, Adam was a in a higher spiritual state than we are today. The Bible verse that predicts evil man waxing worse and worse tends to confirm that notion, it said in the Bible both that near the second coming, the amount of available knowledge will increase, and that evil will become more depraved.

What I'm saying is that you aren't Adam, you might not even be on as high a spiritual level as he was. Adam and Eve both spoke with God face to face in the Garden of Eden, even Moses on top of Mount Siani was warned that if he saw God face to face, he would be dazzled literally to death by His appearing.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay.

Matthew 22
John 13
John 14:15
John 15:10
All of those scriptures were written under the Old Covenant of sin and death. Hasn't anyone told you that "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those that believe" Romans 10:4. Maybe you just don't believe.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you really mean by "lower Adamic nature"? Just the fact that Adam was created a "little lower than the angels", because that's a debatable viewpoint. Adam was created to be immortal, the same as the angels were created to be immortal. Both Adam and Lucifer were created, and neither you nor Adam is God, but at the same time, there are those who theorize that closer to creation and the time of the Garden of Eden, Adam was a in a higher spiritual state than we are today. The Bible verse that predicts evil man waxing worse and worse tends to confirm that notion, it said in the Bible both that near the second coming, the amount of available knowledge will increase, and that evil will become more depraved.

What I'm saying is that you aren't Adam, you might not even be on as high a spiritual level as he was. Adam and Eve both spoke with God face to face in the Garden of Eden, even Moses on top of Mount Siani was warned that if he saw God face to face, he would be dazzled literally to death by His appearing.
We are all born after Adam. We have his blood coursing through our veins. He is also our first father, "For as by one man's disobedience many were MADE sinners" Romans 5:19. We didn't become sinners, we were MADE sinners. Adam and Eve spoke with Jesus Christ, who is the physical manifestation of God. Adam was not more spiritual than we are, if he was, he would not have sinned. And then we have Cain murdering Abel, doesn't sound like a higher spiritual level to me.

laBonhomme

Nov 25, 2023
Western Cascades
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all born after Adam. We have his blood coursing through our veins. He is also our first father, "For as by one man's disobedience many were MADE sinners" Romans 5:19. We didn't become sinners, we were MADE sinners. Adam and Eve spoke with Jesus Christ, who is the physical manifestation of God. Adam was not more spiritual than we are, if he was, he would not have sinned. And then we have Cain murdering Abel, doesn't sound like a higher spiritual level to me.
It's not about your spiritual levels, it's about your moral choices, but I see what you mean. You think it's in your bloodstream? That's a lot of generations, how do you square that with Jesus' teaching on there being seven generations of family trouble in the passage in which He talked about "The fathers having eaten sour grapes and the Children's teeth being set on edge."?

I'm not really arguing with your spirituality, but I'd be interested to know how that impacts your views on race. Were all descended from Adam, but we're also all descended from Noah, and after the Tower of Bable races divided very clearly by language. I'm sure that you believe that you are no worse than a Greek, and the same as an Israelite, but at the same time you are saying that you are also exactly the same, spiritually, as either an Egyptian or a Japanese. Fine, why bother to missionary, evangelize and convert the Egyptians and the Japanese?

Also, you'll just have to pardon my extensive internet experience with Christian Chatrooms. You are here; therefore, you think you are better than either a Russian or and Italian. In spite of that, your deterministic view of one world DNA has just shot your denominational theory in the foot, you openly confessed to being no different than they are. Explain that.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of those scriptures were written under the Old Covenant of sin and death. Hasn't anyone told you that "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those that believe" Romans 10:4. Maybe you just don't believe.
Watch your mouth.

I'll leave you to believe in lawlessness. Your attitude shows that's been a long held faith in practice.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not about your spiritual levels, it's about your moral choices, but I see what you mean. You think it's in your bloodstream? That's a lot of generations, how do you square that with Jesus' teaching on there being seven generations of family trouble in the passage in which He talked about "The fathers having eaten sour grapes and the Children's teeth being set on edge."?

I'm not really arguing with your spirituality, but I'd be interested to know how that impacts your views on race. Were all descended from Adam, but we're also all descended from Noah, and after the Tower of Bable races divided very clearly by language. I'm sure that you believe that you are no worse than a Greek, and the same as an Israelite, but at the same time you are saying that you are also exactly the same, spiritually, as either an Egyptian or a Japanese. Fine, why bother to missionary, evangelize and convert the Egyptians and the Japanese?

Also, you'll just have to pardon my extensive internet experience with Christian Chatrooms. You are here; therefore, you think you are better than either a Russian or and Italian. In spite of that, your deterministic view of one world DNA has just shot your denominational theory in the foot, you openly confessed to being no different than they are. Explain that.
Of course, it's in the blood. We have all been bitten by the serpent. All Races have descended from Adam. They were all separated at the Tower of Babble. God not only changed their languages he also changed their appearances. I don't think that I am better than anyone else, maybe more fortunate, but not any better. Regardless, they all need to hear the Gospel and be born again.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe in lawlessness. Christians are not led by laws, or rules, they are led by the Holy Spirit.
You don't believe in the laws of God.

And God,the Holy Spirit, has rules. Which when we are filled with that Spirit, we are led by Him who has rules. Which is how they are written on our hearts.

laBonhomme

Nov 25, 2023
Western Cascades
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe in lawlessness. Christians are not led by laws, or rules, they are led by the Holy Spirit.
That's your first amendment rights in a nutshell. The court has its constitutional code, but in theory you are supposed to be protected by the first clause of the first amendment. People try to very complicate that particular strain of legal reasoning in terms of judicial precedent, you know, the history of enforcement from judge to judge and from courtroom to courtroom over the span of U.S. History.

I realize that they're kind of narrow minded and pedantic in the Supreme Court, but what the substance of the statues and precedents states is essentially that you can argue from the Sermon on the Mount. It makes people mad; the PTA always wants to know why that awful liberal magistrate threw out it's ten commandments argument. The reason is that you have to be a Christian the same as the writers at the constitutional convention to argue from your religious faith legally in court. Legally, a constitutional lawyer (by which I mean one who has read historical cases, not just some radio doctor theorist) should tell you that if you have a real argument from the words in red, that's a case.

What they tend not to let you do that makes the armatures so mad is throw out denominational arguments. You can say you're a Christian in court and argue from the words of Jesus in the Gospels. However, all of the denominations are treated equally under the law, so you can't call on the authority of your denomination's founder, they won't let you argue from Billy Sunday, but a Christian is a Christian and you can argue from Christ.

Amateur lawyers also get really mad when the court won't let them argue from the ten commandments, your problem when you try to do that is not that the evil liberal warlock up there on the bench doesn't think that the ten commandments are the law, it's the fact that you don't have a law license in the state of New York or wherever. Jesus Christ is recognized as an authority on the law, you can argue from Him. They won't let you make your own Biblical arguments in a pro se case, I know that's irritating, but you can process a motion to state what you as a citizen with first amendment rights have to say directly from the basis of the words in red.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't believe in the laws of God.

And God,the Holy Spirit, has rules. Which when we are filled with that Spirit, we are led by Him who has rules. Which is how they are written on our hearts.
Christians are not Pharisees. The Christians obedience is motivated by love, not by laws, rules or religion. This is why Paul said, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those that believe" Romans 10:4.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are not Pharisees. The Christians obedience is motivated by love, not by laws, rules or religion. This is why Paul said, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those that believe" Romans 10:4.
Did Paul say God's laws have been erased from our hearts?

You don't comprehend what the New Covenant law is And it cannot be explained to you because your heart is hardened against receiving that knowledge.

I'll leave you to your preferred religious platform. Only God can change your heart.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Paul say God's laws have been erased from our hearts?

You don't comprehend what the New Covenant law is And it cannot be explained to you because your heart is hardened against receiving that knowledge.

I'll leave you to your preferred religious platform. Only God can change your heart.
The law that is written on the Christians heart is the Holy Spirit. It does not judge or condemn; Nore is there any consequences if it is violated. It is a simple urging to do what is right.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Can Our Lower Adamic Nature Be Rehabilitated by the Works of the Law?​

If you're talking about under the navel? not since I tried it!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Can Our Lower Adamic Nature Be Rehabilitated by the Works of the Law?​

If you're talking about under the navel? not since I tried it!
If our lower Adamic nature could be rehabilitated by the works of the law, then Jesus lived and died in vain. This is why Paul said, "Therefore by the deeds of the law (what we do) there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law (what we do) is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.