Can saints see what's going on

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David323

Mar 13, 2007
Can the ones dead (in Jesus, in Heaven) see what is going on here on earth and can they communicate with thier loved ones? I don't think so but I also don't think it says anywhere in the Bible for sure. I wouldn't think God would allow them to see all the sin that goes on.

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
Ecc 9:5 The dead knoweth nothing-That means dead saved Christians. I thank you got quite a lot of scripture on your other post. What are you looking for? Scripture fron the koran?? or the bible??

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
I know Wakka!!!! Its his last post everyone went out of there way to explain it. I think he want to hear it from a different source. Not the bible

Agape

Dec 24, 2007
PART II Now let’s get back to the part of our teaching where the enemy makes it appear that dead people are smoking $300 cigars in their new life after death.Man’s basic spiritual problem has always been the integrity and accuracy of God’s Word – not to mention the fact that people DON’T EVEN READ IT. If people who are supposedly dead are enjoying themselves more than a person who is alive, then why did God write the following Scripture?I Corinthians 15:26 – The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.If death is an enemy, then how can it be a pleasant experience? Someone is lying. Who is the author of all lies? Numbers 23:19a – God is not a man, that he should lie; . . . . . . .I John 1:5 – This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.Is lying darkness? I think so. Then the lie must come from only one other source.John 10:10 -- The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I [Jesus Christ] am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. Next, we will examine some specific occurrences in the gospels and other parts of God’s Word which will make it even clearer to you that the dead are NOT alive, but are in an unconscious state awaiting the return of Christ. Some of you who have studied Advance Bible Study for some time have learned that the original Bible texts did not have any punctuation – it was all added by man. I am going to show you where the erroneous placement of ONE COMMA can cause no end of confusion pertaining to our topic. It will truly amaze you.Luke 23:42 – And he said unto Jesus, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.Watch carefully the next verse.Luke 23:43 – And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise [on earth]. Now notice the placement of the comma (,) AFTER the word ‘thee’. That comma was placed there by the translators and is not a part of the original God-breathed Word. It is private interpretation.II Peter 1:20 -- Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private [idios -- one's own] interpretation.If you leave the comma where it is, it is as if Jesus Christ is saying to the malefactor that ‘today’ you will be with me in paradise (referring to the third heaven and earth, far in the future). This supports the erroneous life immediately after death doctrine. Now let’s repeat this verse with the proper punctuation so that the verse is in alignment and harmony with the rest of God’s Word.Luke 23:43 – And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee To day, shalt thou be with me in paradise [on earth].First of all, ‘shalt thou’ is a poor translation and should read "thou shalt". DO YOU SEE THE MAJOR IMPACT THAT THIS LITTLE COMMA HAS ON THE MEANING OF THE VERSE? Now the verse is saying that today, Jesus Christ tells the malefactor that he shall (future tense) be with him in paradise. When will that be? When Jesus Christ returns and raises everyone from the dead. When the malefactor dies, he will stay dead until that time. . . . . and so will everyone else that dies.There are a number of areas like this in God’s Word which need to be rightly divided to be understood. We will examine a few more.There is the so-called Transfiguration, as recorded in Matthew Chapter 17.Matthew 17:1-3 – And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them into an high mountain apart. And was transfigured [changed in appearance] before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. And, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias [Elijah] talking with them.The key word here is ‘appeared’’ in the third verse – "and behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him." The Greek word used here for "appeared" is the word ‘optomai’ which means "seeing objectively" or "envisioning".The Greek word ‘blepo’ is ordinarily used and means "using the eyes to look at". Peter, James, and John DID NOT SEE THIS PHENOMENON WITH THEIR EYES, but with their minds. The sense of seeing with the eyes was completely bypassed. That is why Jesus Christ said what he said in verse nine (9).Matthew 17:9 – And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.The phenomenon was "a "vision". The words "trance" and "vision" used in the Bible do not have the same meaning or implications that spiritualists and psychics try to say. In the Bible, both words are used synonymously. Biblically speaking, a trance or vision is never a loss of consciousness. IT IS A DORMANT STATE OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, when God by revelation – word of knowledge, word of wisdom and discerning of spirits – gives a panoramic picture of the scene. That’s exactly what happened in this record in Matthew.If you believe that there is life immediately after death, then what is the point of the resurrection of the dead and why was so much of the Bible written pertaining to this subject? The Bible specifically documents the resurrection of the ‘dead in Christ’ and of the ‘just’ and ‘unjust’. A number of different resurrections occur at different times.The Sadduces did not believe in the resurrection of the dead – that’s why they were so sad you see. Seriously, God’s Word lets us know where we would stand if we did not believe in the resurrection of the dead.I Corinthians 15:12 – Now if Christ be preached that he arose from [among] the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?I Corinthians 15:13 – But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen.Why is this true? Because God is not a respecter of persons, but of conditions only. If he raised Christ from the dead and He did, then He will raise all of us from the dead.Acts 10:34 – Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: I Corinthians 15:14 – And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.I Corinthians 15:15 – Yea [Moreover], and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.When God wants to establish a point, He will say it twice. Remember, He is showing us how futile and miserable our existence would be if there were no resurrection of the dead and no resurrection of Jesus Christ. Again, God reiterates verse 13.I Corinthians 15:16 – For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:I Corinthians 15:17– And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.God adds something here by reminding us that we are yet in our sins and have not been redeemed if Christ was not raised from the dead.I Corinthians 15:18 – Then they also which are fallen [fell] asleep in Christ are perished.If all this is true, then all the believers that died after being born again such as the apostles and everyone since the day of Pentecost are perished – their life and their believing and worship was all for nothing.I Corinthians 15:19 – If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable [pitied].This is quite a negative picture of what would be if there was no resurrection of the dead, BUT THERE IS GOING TO BE A RESURRECTION and we have proof that Christ was raised, especially if we can pray in the spirit – speak in tongues. Now God presents the truth of His Word in all of its glory as we continue in I Corinthians Chapter 15.I Corinthians 15:20 – But [this word sets in contrast that which is said before] now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept [he was the first one raised from the dead].I Corinthians 15:21 – For since by man [Adam] came death, by man [Jesus Christ] came also the resurrection of the dead.I Corinthians 15:22 – For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.People cannot all be made alive if they are already alive. Do you believe man or do you believe God? Now you must make a decision. Make the obvious one.Love in Christ,Agape

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
yes saints can hear your prayers in heaven. there are 4 biblical reasons I believe we can pray to the saints1. All christians are members of Christs body and one another )5So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. ( roman 12:5)2. Jesus has only one body4There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; ( Eph 4:4)15And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.( col 3:15)3. death cannot seperate christians from one another35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. ( rom 8: 35-39)4. Christians are bound in mutual love10Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; ( Rom 12:10) 11Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. ( 1 Thess 5:11) 2Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. ( gal 6:2)your brother in christRyan Fitz

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
You for there is a soul that is a sleep after body dies. The breath of god the spriit goes back to God. The dead know not anything.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Ageed crooner letsgofishing I dont know where you get this doctrine but we are never to pray to anyone but God in the name of Christ

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother crooner hit the mark there.Ecclesiastes 12 continues on top of the previous chatpers. We return (all souls!) to God (Ecc. 12:7) and, as Ecc. 9 states, the dead don't know the feelings of this world. I firmly believe that our Father can and does use them from time to time, but to say that they are sitting up there in heaven watching us all the time would be a fallacy.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Sorry Kriss, I thought I had this explained.Catholics ask the saints to pray for us.Its the same as asking you to pray for me. I'm not asking them to perform a miracle.Or be another God.your brother in christRyan Fitz

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
DenverMatt 27:50 Jesus gave up his Spirit not soul. The body and soul stayed in the grave. Every one seems to miss this point.. The soul is seperate fron Spirit.Every one likes to fantasize about talking to dead. Thery are dead!!! until resurection.

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
)? What form is man that Jesus took on if it is not spirit? “And the Lord God formed man of the dust (body) of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath (spirit) of life: and man became a living soul.” Gen. 2:7. This states that man became a living soul with component parts of dust, spirit, and soul; not a living spirit or body. < “I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ” 1 Thes.5:23.>

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
Eccl.8:8. Note that the spirit is not a person when it returns to God.This is clearly illustrated by Jesus death for us, the foundation of all doctrine from the scripture: Christ “make his soul an offering for sin…. poured out his soul unto death” Isa.53:10&12. Christ’s soul and body went into the grave 3 days, and his spirit went to God the father the day he died on the cross, not after the resurrection: Christ on the cross-“Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the spirit” Luke 23:46. It is not saying the spirit as the conscious part of Christ went to heaven that day, but that the spirit as a none personal element went back to God who gave it (Eccl. 12:7). Christ’s soul was in the grave for 3 days “the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth” Mat. 12:40. He ascended to the Father after his resurrection: “He seeing this before spoke of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption” Acts 2:31. The soul is considered to be man’s being, but the spirit is “the breath of the spirit of life” taken away from him (committed to God).

Agape

Dec 24, 2007
(Letsgofishing;28751)
yes saints can hear your prayers in heaven. there are 4 biblical reasons I believe we can pray to the saints1. All christians are members of Christs body and one another )5So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. ( roman 12:5)2. Jesus has only one body4There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; ( Eph 4:4)15And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.( col 3:15)3. death cannot seperate christians from one another35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. ( rom 8: 35-39)4. Christians are bound in mutual love10Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; ( Rom 12:10) 11Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. ( 1 Thess 5:11) 2Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. ( gal 6:2)your brother in christRyan Fitz
Hi Ryan,Where does it say in Scripture that the saints are in heaven and that they can hear your prayers?Thank you.God bless you,Agape

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
Agapeyou didnt read my last few posts. They will explain something to you about the soul. You guys leave out the soul. Look at scripture in context.

Agape

Dec 24, 2007
(crooner;28990)
Agapeyou didnt read my last few posts. They will explain something to you about the soul. You guys leave out the soul. Look at scripture in context.
croonerI have and there is no "explanation" given regarding the soul. I understand what soul is from Scripture. Why are you telling me to read the previous posts on sould when my question is to Ryan?God bless you,Agape