Can salvation be lost

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
for example you could've restrained yourself from swearing but you didn't then that would be considered intentional, that's what I'm talking about and those are my thoughts only though I get scared when I talk about this

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those of you who are concerned about breaking the least of the commandments, I would say that if you tried but failed it wasn't intentional but intentionally doing it without a care would bring about true breaking of the commandment. I'm not sure though but I would say we all have weaknesses. May there be discussion on this scripturally.

I agree with this in part, Lord's Pearl. Not that if you intentionally sin your salvation is lost, but that if you set aside all conviction about sin altogether. and walk as if you can operate outside God's Lordship and do as you please and still think you will be saved, that would be a problem; and a misconception. He must be both Savior and Lord (i.e. King over our lives), or one will not be granted access into His kingdom. But just because you sinned intentionally though you still want Him as Lord over your life and are just messing up, that's a different story.

Get what I am saying? :)

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree with this in part, Lord's Pearl. Not that if you intentionally sin your salvation is lost, but that if you set aside all conviction about sin altogether. and walk as if you can operate outside God's Lordship and do as you please and still think you will be saved, that would be a problem; and a misconception. He must be both Savior and Lord (i.e. King over our lives), or one will not be granted access into His kingdom. But just because you sinned intentionally though you still want Him as Lord over your life and are just messing up, that's a different story.

Get what I am saying? :)
I think I get what you're saying! Thanks for your explanations! Ya I agree with the underlined! but I was talking about how if you sinned unintentionally like it's your weakness and not freely like you could've helped it but you did it anyway then it doesn't count if it was your weakness but it does count if you could've helped it but you did it anyway

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I get what you're saying! Thanks for your explanations! Ya I agree with the underlined! but I was talking about how if you sinned unintentionally like it's your weakness and not freely like you could've helped it but you did it anyway then it doesn't count if it was your weakness but it does count if you could've helped it but you did it anyway

LoL! I think it kinda counts either way, Lord's Pearl. :) It does make things worse if you could have helped things more but didn't, but either way He wants us to get sin out of our lives, so we want to get to the place where we can deal with sin in all its forms. But so long as we are doing your best to make Him Lord over our lives, His mercies are there and new every morning to cover for our indiscretions, and get us to the place we want to be.

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
LoL! I think it kinda counts either way, Lord's Pearl. :) It does make things worse if you could have helped things more but didn't, but either way He wants us to get sin out of our lives, so we want to get to the place where we can deal with sin in all its forms. But so long as we are doing your best to make Him Lord over our lives, His mercies are there and new every morning to cover for our indiscretions, and get us to the place we want to be.
Yes His mercies are there and Jesus on the Sermon on the mount says the merciful are blessed and they will receive mercy, that's not always the reason why I have mercy on someone though but even my compassion is from God

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes His mercies are there and Jesus on the Sermon on the mount says the merciful are blessed and they will receive mercy, that's not always the reason why I have mercy on someone though but even my compassion is from God

:)

Very good. Scripture says that if we refuse to forgive others then He will not forgive us, and that He wants us to be like Him. And since He sends rain on the just and the unjust (Matthew 5:43-48), He wants us to do likewise. So you are taking a very proper attitude about it. :)

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
:)

Very good. Scripture says that if we refuse to forgive others then He will not forgive us, and that He wants us to be like Him. And since He sends rain on the just and the unjust (Matthew 5:43-48), He wants us to do likewise. So you are taking a very proper attitude about it. :)
Jesus understands sin as He too was tempted by Satan and I think that's why He has mercy on us when we fail

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
there are some things I do that I don't care about doing but then I notice that I shouldn't be doing those things and then stop so I'm glad Jesus has mercy and understanding

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Reply #183
Thank you for sharing, but I'm a bit confused on where you stand. Do you understand branches that abide and don't abide as both representing believers? How do you understand cast out as a branch and is withered, thrown into the fire, and burned?
'If a man abide not in me,
he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered;
and men gather them,
and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.'

(Joh 15:6)

Hello @mailmandan,

Sorry not to have responded to this entry of yours, I got sidetracked and it went out of my mind.

I believe that the branches in John 15:1-9, and His chosen in verses 10-17 are one and the same. I believe that verse 6 (above) refers to Judas. He was of the evil one.

I don't think this is a good example to use regarding the question,'Can Salvation Be Lost', Because this was spoken prior to the coming of the Holy Spirit as promised by the Father. When the twelve and the seventy are sent out to minister, they are especially endowed for that purpose.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Amazed@grace

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'If a man abide not in me,
he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered;
and men gather them,
and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.'

(Joh 15:6)

Hello @mailmandan,

Sorry not to have responded to this entry of yours, I got sidetracked and it went out of my mind.

I believe that the branches in John 15:1-9, and His chosen in verses 10-17 are one and the same. I believe that verse 6 (above) refers to Judas. He was of the evil one.

I don't think this is a good example to use regarding the question,'Can Salvation Be Lost', Because this was spoken prior to the coming of the Holy Spirit as promised by the Father. When the twelve and the seventy are sent out to minister, they are especially endowed for that purpose.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
I think there is something that some people may not realize, in saying, "If a man not abide in me", this doesn't necessarily refer to someone who did, and now doesn't.

If we put this into another frame of reference, well, if a man not live in California, then he is not subject to California income tax.

There is no presupposition that this person had previously lived in California.

Much love!

Reactions: charity