Can Satan create?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like the above but want to make sure what you're saying....
Evil is not the absence of good.
Evil is its own entity.
Jesus freed many from possession of the evil ones,,,satan's cohorts.
They are a power unto themselves...
What is it that I am saying? People need to move toward or into God, no matter He is? Can we define Him completely?

As to the evil having a correct definition, I am sure that it does, but do we need to know it? If we knew that your definition was absolutely correct, how would that help us to avoid it? A person can understand with the understanding that the Holy Ghost provides and thus be able to avoid something evil without being able to define it. Not every person is a theologian or a philosopher or a specifically called minister [five-fold] of God but each one who loves God will know which direction to go. Some of them without any special title may be better at this than the formally educated PhD's. My definition is what I have read in the scriptures with understanding, but how close is it? If I avoid involving myself in it is that not more important than being able to say it in words for a person who is interested in hearing it or even in proving that I am in error?

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you believe that Satan can ‘create’ or is creating strictly an ability of God?

God creates all the possibilities...He even creates darkness. Of course there is no darkness in God...or anywhere near Him. The devil just makes very bad choices as a lot of us do as well...he is the father of lies. IOW he has adopted every thing that wise people cast off.

Reactions: faithfulness

Uisdean

Aug 12, 2018
Asheville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a wonderful thread. Y'All are thinking. I will offer this: Evil is the absence of good. God did not create evil in the way He created a star. But in the pronouncement that the star is "good" the opposite idea (not good) is created.
Rejoice Always!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
What is it that I am saying? People need to move toward or into God, no matter He is? Can we define Him completely?

As to the evil having a correct definition, I am sure that it does, but do we need to know it? If we knew that your definition was absolutely correct, how would that help us to avoid it? A person can understand with the understanding that the Holy Ghost provides and thus be able to avoid something evil without being able to define it. Not every person is a theologian or a philosopher or specifically called minister [five-fold] of God but each one who loves God will know which direction to go. Some of them without any special title may be better at this than the formally educated PhD's. My definition is what I have read in the scriptures with understanding, but how close is it? If I avoid involving myself in it is that not more important than being able to say it in words for a person who is interested in hearing it or even in proving that I am in error?
I believe it's important to understand that evil comes from a being...from satan.
@Uisdean has declared, two posts down from this, that evil is the absence of good.

I don't agree. Evil is also not our making wrong choices. It's a real and true power.
Some evil comes from humans, but not all.
Is a hurricane evil?
Does man make it?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it's important to understand that evil comes from a being...from satan.
@Uisdean has declared, two posts down from this, that evil is the absence of good.

I don't agree. Evil is also not our making wrong choices. It's a real and true power.
Is a hurricane evil?
Does man make it?
Yes, I agree in a sense that there is power in evil but I also believer that all power ultimately comes from God. God gave man power to do the wrong thing or the right thing. This goes back to the left hand of God versus the right hand. God has always from the foundation of it all for men had a plan which included both the right hand and the left hand. The choice of which way to go, right or left, toward good or evil, toward light or darkness, is ours according to His plan. But then there is this:

"Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire." Matt 18:7-9

Last edited:
Reactions: GodsGrace

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I’m struggling with this. Let me see if I understand...as the OP asks if satan can create: Is it safe to say God created the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and planted it in the garden? Then the woman and man eat of it. Genesis 3:22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Evil was found in satan but satan doesn’t create so how did it get there. God created the “waster” to destory which was originally beautiful, but first satan (the smith) fashions a instrument (weapon) which in turn serves God: you said, “ Just as the blacksmith heats a horseshoe until it is almost white hot, removes it from the fire, hammers and hammers and hammers it into shape, dips it in water, and nails it to the horse’s hoof, so the Church needs corresponding hot, cold, and hammering experiences. (This is also shown in the process of constructing the Golden Lampstand[

But then their are others of the blacksmith’s(wasters) work(hammering) that aren’t chosen of God and end up being the ones(some seriously damaged individuals considering satan has worked on them) that come against Gods people in the end because they belong to the destroyer “waster” and are waste also? All the while God uses satan to do His will in trying His people by fire?

Isaiah 41:14-16
[14] Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the Lord , and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel. [15] Behold, I will make thee a new sharp threshing instrument having teeth: thou shalt thresh the mountains, and beat them small, and shalt make the hills as chaff. [16] Thou shalt fan them, and the wind shall carry them away, and the whirlwind shall scatter them: and thou shalt rejoice in the Lord , and shalt glory in the Holy One of Israel.

God hardened pharaoh’s heart. Exodus 9:12-13 And the Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had spoken unto Moses. [13] And the Lord said unto Moses, Rise up early in the morning, and stand before Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord God of the Hebrews, Let my people go, that they may serve me.

Can Satan create?

He can create trouble! That’s for sure, but living things? I don’t think so, however this does forego the possibility that both he and the fallen spirits prior to being placed in chains of darkness were not able to accomplish genetic manipulation of that which was already created, something presently which even man is learning to do.

Genetic Manipulation involves manually adding new DNA to an organism to add new traits. An organism that is generated through genetic engineering is considered to be genetically modified (GM) and the resulting entity is a genetically modified organism (GMO). It is a very distinct possibility that dinosaurs were the direct result of angelic interference in the creation of God.

If not, where are they now, were they a mistake? If as Rev 4:11 asserts “…for you created all things, and by your will they exist (present tense) and were created”, then why are they no longer with us. Did the Lord change his mind and decide they were no longer needed. Is it not stated of the Lord that he “changes not”?

Now if dinosaurs were the direct results of angelic interference (Geno-manipulation) of something which the Lord had already created say for instance birds, which many scientist believe share a similar linage as dinosaurs (recall that both birth their offspring by eggs), this new order of life the results of combining natures would like the combining of the earthly nature with the angelic nature to create the Nephilim be considered a violation of God’s law. That law being that each life form was to developed according to its own kind, its own separate and distinctive nature, God authorized no mixture of natures. (We will speculate a bit more about this when we reach that part in our study, “The Record of Creation”).

You ask: Is it safe to say God created the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and planted it in the garden?

Gen 2:9 assures us that it was so: “And out of the ground the Lord God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.”

The fact that God planted this tree together with the others in the Garden of Eden suggests that he desired his perfect human creatures to have an understanding of both good and evil. That he made eating of the fruit of this tree a test of obedience indicates his foreknowledge of the fact that this knowledge could be acquired only by experience.

As it is written:

And I set my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all that is done under heaven; this burdensome task (or sore travail, the present experience under the dominion of sin, the permission of evil) God has given to the sons of man, by which they may be exercised (disciplined).” Eccl 1:13

I have seen the God-given task with which the sons of men are to be occupied (exercised in through experience).” Eccl 3:10

“For how else could the nobler qualities of which Man, in God's "image and likeness" is capable, be developed?

How could we know patience without provocation?

How gain fortitude without longsuffering?

Strength of character without pressure and burdens?

Meekness without experience and imposition and injustice?

How gain the most glorious of all virtues, sympathy and love, without opportunity to exercise them in the presence of want, sorrow, distress, and need?

Well may we rejoice in the Wisdom that planned the curriculum, and the Power that sustains His obedient children in this great School of Experience, the Divine University; and though it mean for each of us much of suffering, loss, hardship, disappointment, let us hold fast our confidence that this method of instruction is that of "the only wise God, our Savior." - 1 Tim 1:17; Titus 3:4

Make us glad according to the days in which you have afflicted (disciplined) us, the years in which we have seen evil (i.e. the past 6000 years in which evil was permitted).” Psa 90:15

You asked: Evil was found in Satan but Satan doesn’t create so how did it get there?

As we had stated elsewhere, Right and wrong, good and evil as principles have always existed and always will. Principles are eternal. Sin was produced by the evil principle becoming active, and began with Satan who permitted evil to control and dominate his course of action. Sin and evil were introduced into the world by Satan when he induced our first parents to disobey the Divine command.

May the Lord bless you in that you continue to grow both in the knowledge and in the graces of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Uisdean

Aug 12, 2018
Asheville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is a hurricane evil?
Does man make it?

This is a bit tough. So hang on!
Well, true, Satan & the fallen angels do have power. However, it is the power that they possessed before they rebelled. The same is true of Adam & Eve. They did not gain evil power, they (and we) merely distort the powers that God gave them (& us). If I steal from you, I am using the good gifts God gave me for purposes that lack the goodness God intended. That is why evil is the absence of good: to say that evil has a real & true power of its own means that God created evil...because He created everything.

So, (& I know this is hard to get...took me many, many years) God did not ever create evil. Satan removed the goodness God created and that is evil. And, no Satan cannot create, he can manipulate the things that God created. He can remove the good purpose of God and that which is left we call evil. We are either obedient to God's will or we are disobedient.

Hurricanes do not have the option to choose to obey or disobey God's will. With the hurricane it is our response to it that is either obedient/good or disobedient/evil.

That's probably enough deep theology for a while.
I hope you can find comfort in this. I have.

Rejoice Always !!!

Reactions: Helen

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That he made eating of the fruit of this tree a test of obedience indicates his foreknowledge of the fact that this knowledge could be acquired only by experience.

Agree. God is good. There is nothing comparable to experience. Hebrews 5:8
[8] Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

About the rest I would ask you to consider: God always allowed his people to go into bondage(bands). Does He not prefer bondage rather than beauty for the sake of mercy? Zechariah 11:7
[7] And I will feed the flock of slaughter, even you, O poor of the flock. And I took unto me two staves; the one I called Beauty, and the other I called Bands; and I fed the flock.

Outward adornment of beauty(religion) (cleaning of the cup on the outside rather than on the inside) Proverbs 31:30 [30] Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord , she shall be praised.

Isaiah 53:2
[2] For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

It is the inward (everlasting)beauty, the adornment on the inside (a changed heart/a whole heart for God) that God desires and as you pointed out comes with much experience. Why does God always allow His to go into bondage? Even beauty (physical Israel went into bondage) FOR the sake of mercy and those inward adornments a woman of God should have: peace, love, mercy, grace, the fear of God. He gives to her through bands. He comes as a thief. He does indeed spoil man’s religion. He does indeed waste man’s religion. He does indeed make desolate all but that which is planted of God. Matthew 15:13
[13] But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.

Jeremiah 24:5-7
[5] Thus saith the Lord , the God of Israel; Like these good figs, so will I acknowledge them that are carried away captive of Judah, whom I have sent out of this place into the land of the Chaldeans for their good. [6] For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up. [7] And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the Lord : and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

What is highly esteemed among men is an abomination to God. God loves what men least esteem and consider waste. So that no flesh will boast before Him.

Last edited:
Reactions: faithfulness

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
This is a bit tough. So hang on!
Well, true, Satan & the fallen angels do have power. However, it is the power that they possessed before they rebelled. The same is true of Adam & Eve. They did not gain evil power, they (and we) merely distort the powers that God gave them (& us). If I steal from you, I am using the good gifts God gave me for purposes that lack the goodness God intended. That is why evil is the absence of good: to say that evil has a real & true power of its own means that God created evil...because He created everything.

So, (& I know this is hard to get...took me many, many years) God did not ever create evil. Satan removed the goodness God created and that is evil. And, no Satan cannot create, he can manipulate the things that God created. He can remove the good purpose of God and that which is left we call evil. We are either obedient to God's will or we are disobedient.

Hurricanes do not have the option to choose to obey or disobey God's will. With the hurricane it is our response to it that is either obedient/good or disobedient/evil.

That's probably enough deep theology for a while.
I hope you can find comfort in this. I have.

Rejoice Always !!!
What comfort is there to find in evil?

I think we're speaking past each other due to language, as usual.

To me evil is anything bad -- not just the evil that men do.
You, I think, understand evil to be the evil that men do.

Maybe the correct word is "bad"?
Anything bad, evil, negative, is of the enemy.
God allows it but does not cause it. If God caused evil (as is believed in Calvinism) I would stop worshipping Him immediately, if not sooner.

As long as we can agree that the enemy is an entity and not "the absence of good" as some believe, I'm good with that. IOW, some believe ONLY in God and not in satan. They believe in heaven but not in hell. I don't see how we could have one without the other, aside from the fact that the bible states there are two powers, as you've posted.

I knew God was all-good from the get go. Jesus "represents" God to us men in a way that allows us to KNOW God. Jesus was so good and holy and all that is right.
So,,,no evil in God. No bad in God.

I do believe we're in the same ballpark.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the question is can Satan rearrange creation or create something out of nothing? I agree that he can disrupt creation - cause chaos for example - this is the definition of sin, but he cannot create something out of nothing - only God can do this

Reactions: GodsGrace

Uisdean

Aug 12, 2018
Asheville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@God'sGrace
Yes...I think we are in the same ballpark.
Think about this: Satan (Lucifer) was an Angel created by God. He rebelled and became a disobedient angel. When that happened Satan (Lucifer) still possessed all the powers and gifts that God gave him when he was created. The difference is that he was using those powers for his purposes, in disobedience to God. The product of his disobedience is evil. --Notice that I am being very careful how I say this.--
We, also, are disobedient and the result of that disobedience is evil.
Please be very careful how you say this because you can end up with God creating evil.
Everything God does is Good. Satan, because he cannot create anything, manipulates God's creation. He does this by removing the Good from God's creation. Look carefully at the Genesis account of The Fall. Satan does not add or create, he subtracts. The lies he tells lack total goodness. He says that she won't die if she eats the fruit. In a very tiny sense that is true: the fruit is not poison. But his statement is lacking honesty. She will die spiritually. And, unless she eats from the Tree of Life, she will die physically. What Satan tells her lacks Goodness. Therefore it is evil.
--Note that a lie can be 'true' but because it lacks Goodness it is evil.
Evil is not 'bad' but disobedient. Lemons taste 'bad' to some people, but the lemon is not disobedient to God. However, I may choose to disobey God. When I do, that is evil.

We don't like the concept of disobedience being evil. So we try to avoid thinking about it.

I do not find any comfort in evil, but I find great comfort in this theological idea. First, I know that God does not create evil. Second, I now see repentance and salvation much more clearly.

This is a very tough thing for some to comprehend. Took me a very long time. Pray about it. Read what I am saying very carefully. Evil really is the absence of Good. Once you see that, then so very much of the Bible becomes clear.
Rejoice Always!!!

Last edited:

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@God'sGrace
Yes...I think we are in the same ballpark.
Think about this: Satan (Lucifer) was an Angel created by God. He rebelled and became a disobedient angel. When that happened Satan (Lucifer) still possessed all the powers and gifts that God gave him when he was created. The difference is that he was using those powers for his purposes, in disobedience to God. The product of his disobedience is evil. --Notice that I am being very careful how I say this.--
We, also, are disobedient and the result of that disobedience is evil.
Please be very careful how you say this because you can end up with God creating evil.
Everything God does is Good. Satan, because he cannot create anything, manipulates God's creation. He does this by removing the Good from God's creation. Look carefully at the Genesis account of The Fall. Satan does not add or create, he subtracts. The lies he tells lack total goodness. He says that she won't die if she eats the fruit. In a very tiny sense that is true: the fruit is not poison. But his statement is lacking honesty. She will die spiritually. And, unless she eats from the Tree of Life, she will die physically. What Satan tells her lacks Goodness. Therefore it is evil.
--Note that a lie can be 'true' but because it lacks Goodness it is evil.
Evil is not 'bad' but disobedient. Lemons taste 'bad' to some people, but the lemon is not disobedient to God. However, I may choose to disobey God. When I do, that is evil.

We don't like the concept of disobedience being evil. So we try to avoid thinking about it.

I do not find any comfort in evil, but I find great comfort in this theological idea. First, I know that God does not create evil. Second, I now see repentance and salvation much more clearly.

This is a very tough thing for some to comprehend. Took me a very long time. Pray about it. Read what I am saying very carefully. Evil really is the absence of Good. Once you see that, then so very much of the Bible becomes clear.
Rejoice Always!!!

With most of what you say we can agree with to a point, but one point we cannot agree with at all, and that is the suggestion that either Adam or Eve possessed a spiritual essence. Adam was created a natural being, earthly. There is absolutely no scripture which attest to God implanting into him any spiritual essence. The spiritual and the earthly natures are two distinct natures, and they are not blended.

This is where the fallen spirits went wrong when they took earthly wives for themselves and created the Nephilim an unauthorized race consisting of the blending of the two natures.

Neither Adam nor Eve upon eating the forbidden fruit died spiritually for they never possessed any spiritual essence to begin with, they died physically. “The soul that sins IT will die”. (Ezek 18:4)

Adam and Eve were living souls created from the dust of the earth.

And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath (“neshamah”) of life; and man became a living being (soul).” NKJV Gen 2:7

“The word ‘soul;’ as found in the Scriptures, signifies a sentient being; that is a being possessed of sense-perception. Note closely the sequence of events entailed in the creation of man as stated in the above text.

First the organism or body was formed from the dust of the earth, and then the spirit of life, called ‘breath of life,’ was instilled in the body or organism, which in turn resulted in the creation of a living soul, or sentient being.

Thus seen a soul is the combination of body and breath; it is a living, thinking creature. Man does not have a soul. Man IS a soul.

This is very simple, and easily understood. It shows that the body is not the soul, nor is the spirit or breath of life the soul; but that when these two were united by the Lord, the resultant quality or condition was a living man, a living being--a living soul possessed of perceptive powers. There is nothing mysterious about this nor is there any intimation that a spark of divinity (spirituality) was infused into humanity, any more than into the lower animals.”

Some are of the impression that man is made up of three parts:

1) The body -- made of clay, 2) the animal soul that dies upon our body's death, and 3) the godly spirit that returns to God upon our death.

The Scriptures however recognize man as composed of only two elements (not three), body and spirit. These two produce soul, sentient being, intelligence, the man himself, the being, or soul. The term "body" applies merely to the physical organism. It neither relates to the life, which animates it, nor to the sentient being which is the result of animation. A body is not a man, although there could be no man without a body. The spirit of life is not the man, although there could be no manhood without the spirit of life.

The word "spirit" is, in the Old Testament Scriptures, from the Hebrew word “ruach”. Its signification primarily is breath; and hence we have the expression "breath of life," or "spirit of life," because breathing supports the spark of life once started. The words "spirit of life," however, signify more than merely breath; they relate to the spark of life itself, without which breath would be impossibility.

This is what the scriptures state in regards to the soul,

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.” Gen 2:7

This shows that there are two elements necessary to the composition of a living soul or sentient being, first the organism or body, which the Word of the Lord states came from the earth and was composed of the dust of the earth, and secondly the spirit of life, called "breath of life," which was communicated to the lifeless organism form God. Once these two elements were joined, and only then did the soul (or individual) come into being.

When we die the “breath of life” returns to the Father, and the body returns to the dust from whence it came, the “soul” ceases to be. It is only because God has intended a Resurrection of both the just and the unjust, that man is considered only to be “sleeping” asleep in death, therefore God has not destroy completely the remembrance of the individual, the soul.

The process of dissolution, death, is in harmony with these facts. “Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit (“ruach” Strong’s # 7307, breath of life) shall return unto God who gave it.” (Eccl 12:7)

Thus Eve could not die spiritually as she never possessed any spiritual essence.

Now the Church on the other hand, that is those begotten of the spirit do possess a spiritual essence in that they have been begotten to a new nature, a spirit nature. However this new nature at present is only a new mind, they shall don't receive the new spirit body until they have successfully completed their consecration in death.

Now someone might suggest, ‘Is this not a violation of God’s law concerning the possession of two natures mixed in one being?’ Actually no it is not, why is this? Because upon our Lord’s acceptance of the individual believer the old man or nature was thence forth considered dead, from this point on God only recognizes the “new creature”.

Uisdean

Aug 12, 2018
Asheville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Harvest 1874

Adam & Eve walked with God. They had a right relationship with God. Then they were disobedient. They lost that relationship. That is Spiritual Death: not having a right relationship with God.
You are correct about body & soul.
Do you understand that evil is disobedience? That Evil is the absence of Good?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that Satan can ‘create’ or is creating strictly an ability of God?

Creation is Gods ability.
But not to overlook...Satan's ability to Cause Havoc.

God Bless,
Taken

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Harvest 1874
...not sure I understand all you are saying about body & soul...perhaps a different thread for that?

Simple, there is no body and soul, its body and spirit, that is to say without the body (the organism) and the spirit, the "breath of life", there is no soul, no living being.

Reactions: aspen

Uisdean

Aug 12, 2018
Asheville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple, there is no body and soul, its body and spirit, that is to say without the body (the organism) and the spirit, the "breath of life", there is no soul, no living being.

I reread what you posted. You are stating the ancient Hebrew concept. I get that. What is confusing to me is what you say about Christians. Sounds like you are talking about the Holy Spirit in a much different way than I have seen before. And that is why I think this should be in a different thread. If you've covered it already, what's the thread's name?

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I reread what you posted. You are stating the ancient Hebrew concept. I get that. What is confusing to me is what you say about Christians. Sounds like you are talking about the Holy Spirit in a much different way than I have seen before. And that is why I think this should be in a different thread. If you've covered it already, what's the thread's name?

The “breath of life” which man received at his creation is not the same thing that we as Christians receive when we receive the Holy Spirit. The “breath of life” is the power of God which brought the organism, the earthly being to life, making it a living soul, whereas the Holy Spirit (at this time) is that which begets the new life, the “new creature”, which when fully developed will receive its new body, a spirit body in the first resurrection.

You can read our blog post located on this forum entitled "What is a Soul" which explains in more detail the subject at hand and can likewise view several other studies and subjects we've covered thus far listed here Harvest Blog Index.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I think the question is can Satan rearrange creation or create something out of nothing? I agree that he can disrupt creation - cause chaos for example - this is the definition of sin, but he cannot create something out of nothing - only God can do this
Actually, Aspen, CREATE means to make something out of nothing.
We use this word incorrectly and have lost its true meaning.
MAN, for instance, cannot create...but we like to say he does because some persons are creative, so we say they "created" something when really they didn't because they used materials that were already made by God.

There's a joke about this:

There was a scientist one time, and he went to talk to God and he says, "God, we can now clone humans, make life, and take care of ourselves and we don't need you anymore."

and God said "ok thats fine, but I want to challenge you to a contest before I let you go. Each of us has to create our own human using nothing but dirt, and the first one done wins."

So the scientist agreed and reached down to start making his human, but God stops him and says, "Whoa not so fast, use your own dirt!"

Reactions: aspen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Yes, I agree in a sense that there is power in evil but I also believer that all power ultimately comes from God. God gave man power to do the wrong thing or the right thing. This goes back to the left hand of God versus the right hand. God has always from the foundation of it all for men had a plan which included both the right hand and the left hand. The choice of which way to go, right or left, toward good or evil, toward light or darkness, is ours according to His plan. But then there is this:

"Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire." Matt 18:7-9
Has anyone mentioned that God ALLOWS evil?
I have no scripture for this.
I know God is a God of Love so I don't understand why He would,,,but I don't dwell on this anymore - I used to when I was a new Christian.