Can Satan Inject Thoughts Into Your Mind?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Can Satan Inject Thoughts Into Your Mind?​

renderTimingPixel.png

God could do it, English Standard Version, 2 Chronicles 9:
23 all the kings of the earth sought the presence of Solomon to hear his wisdom, which God had put into his mind.
When God allowed, the devil could do it, John 13:
2 During supper, when the devil had already put it into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, to betray him,
I interpret the above as the devil putting the thought of betrayal into Judas' mind. For pseudo-believers and unbelievers, Satan has significant leverage over their minds, 2 Corinthians 4:
4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
Even for believers, James 1:
14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. 15 Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.
If you have been born of the Spirit, Satan cannot just take control of your mind. You have to be enticed to it, 2 Corinthians 11:
3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.
1 Corinthians 2:
16 "For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.
I don't think Satan can directly inject thoughts into a believer's mind but he can influence it by tempting you and your mind.
Philippians 4:
7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Also see: Can Satan read you thoughts

Reactions: Nancy

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

renderTimingPixel.png

I interpret the above as the devil putting the thought of betrayal into Judas' mind. For pseudo-believers and unbelievers, Satan has significant leverage over their minds, 2 Corinthians 4:

If you have been born of the Spirit, Satan cannot just take control of your mind. You have to be enticed to it, 2 Corinthians 11:

1 Corinthians 2:

I don't think Satan can directly inject thoughts into a believer's mind but he can influence it by tempting you and your mind.
Philippians 4:

See also Can Satan read our thoughts?.
He can most certainly inject thoughts into the mind of a believer! It is up to the believer to resist those thoughts.

Reactions: Nancy and doctrox

doctrox

Jun 11, 2019
global
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the OP:

Can Satan Inject Thoughts Into Your Mind?

Satan can, and Satan does.

There is nothing sacrosanct about the brain; it has no firewall. For example, V2K (Voice-to-Skull, one type of DEW i.e. Directed Energy Weapon) is old technology that can "directly inject thoughts into a believer's mind." I see this in the deliverance ministry, where I am dealing with a woman who is currently under attack from it.

Last edited:

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tony is correct ….the only way Satan can interject thoughts is through possession …

Devil spirits can trigger things around you manipulate situations and circumstances …but your thought (although they may be triggered from something going on around you) …. are your thoughts.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

renderTimingPixel.png

1 Corinthians 2:

Philippians 4:

See also Can Satan read our thoughts?.

1 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Romans 8:15 For you have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but you have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.

1 John 4:1-3 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. [2] Hereby know you the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: [3] And every spirit that confesses not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof you have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

All those verses …when asking can inject thoughts …I think absolutely. It stands out that “this is that spirit of the antichrist” …can a spirit of inject thoughts? If it can’t inject thoughts then why instruction of “be not conformed into the image of the world but be you transformed by the renewal of the mind.” “Mind” “heart” does one affect the other? In where you “mind” is there also is where you “heart” is? Can the spirit of the antichrist inject thoughts? 1 John 4:6 We are of God: he that knows God hears us; he that is not of God hears not us.(regardless of who is us, if they hear not then what do they hear?) Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Romans 8:15 For you have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but you have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.

1 John 4:1-3 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. [2] Hereby know you the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: [3] And every spirit that confesses not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof you have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

All those verses …when asking can inject thoughts …I think absolutely. It stands out that “this is that spirit of the antichrist” …can a spirit of inject thoughts? If it can’t inject thoughts then why instruction of “be not conformed into the image of the world but be you transformed by the renewal of the mind.” “Mind” “heart” does one affect the other? In where you “mind” is there also is where you “heart” is? Can the spirit of the antichrist inject thoughts? 1 John 4:6 We are of God: he that knows God hears us; he that is not of God hears not us.(regardless of who is us, if they hear not then what do they hear?) Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
I am looking for specificity. None of these verses say that Satan is able to inject thoughts into people's minds arbitrarily.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am looking for specificity. None of these verses say that Satan is able to inject thoughts into people's minds arbitrarily.
Ok. I guess I didn’t understand what you are looking for. Those verses was my own working out the question in my own mind(can satan plant thoughts?) To me even in satan entered Judas. It is a spirit that entered Judas, the spirit of the anti-Christ and I’m not sure how the spirit of the anti-Christ doesn’t relate to thoughts. For me personally… can that antichrist spirit inject thoughts…I struggle with those thoughts every day. So the topic helped me this morning because I’ve never really considered the spirit of the anti-christ and that it’s a spirit.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Tony,
What about when Peter was rebuked by Jesus and said "Satan get behind me..."

31 "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith will not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers." Luke 22:31

or

"While supper was taking place, the devil had already put the idea of betraying Jesus into the mind (heart) of Judas, son of Simon Iscariot." John 13:12

I know there are other verses pertaining to this too, but just want to know what you think of the above verses.

" Christians, as in the case of Ananias, may allow “Satan to fill their hearts” (Ac. 5:3). Simon the Sorcerer, who made at least an ostensible affirmation of faith, still evidenced that he was not free from the power of evil (Ac. 8:13, 18-23). Christians can allow their minds to be “led away” by Satan schemes (2 Co. 11:3). Perhaps Satan’s most deceptive ploy is to suggest something to Christians and trick them into thinking it was their own idea." Troy Christian Chapel - loving God, loving others, following Jesus

Reactions: TonyChanYT

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What about when Peter was rebuked by Jesus and said "Satan get behind me..."
Good question.

I think Satan has the ability to inject thoughts into unbelievers' minds as he did in Judas Iscariot. I don't think Satan can directly and arbitrarily inject thoughts into a believer's mind but he can influence it by tempting Peter's mind with human desires. Peter immediately shut up while Judas went ahead to betray Jesus. That's the difference between injecting a thought and tempting a thought to a person's mind.

See also Jesus turned and said to PETER, “Get behind me, SATAN!"

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 12:13-17 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child. [14] And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. [15] And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. [16] And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth. [17] And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
If that isn’t the spirit of the anti-Christ …anti Christ …then I don’t know what it is. To me that says the spirit that persecuted the testimony of Jesus Christ. Only an opinion but by separating what to be anti Christ or against Christ …the spirit of neglects the question that Jesus Christ asked Paul which was a really good question “Saul, Saul why do you persecute Me?” Revelation time for Saul. And it is going to humble Paul what the conclusion is. A “wake up” call of I’ve ever seen one.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not say that that isn't an antichrist. Read 1 John. He told me what antichrists are.
You said the antichrist is not mentioned in Revelation. I was only suggesting the spirit of the antichrist is mentioned. I’m learning as I go through this with you, so I’m not being ugly or trying to annoy you. A while back I have had people who suggest to me that it wasn’t Jesus that Saul met on the road to Damascus. Saying it was the antichrist, a false light Saul encountered on the road. Through talking it out here… I’m more persuaded it was Christ and no false light Paul encountered on the road. Because to me it is obvious in the Fruit of Paul (the Spirit of God given) that he (Saul) had a real encounter with not false light but the True Light. All the Fruit. how Paul went from persecution of the way to preaching the way. Your topic is important to me because Paul obviously as he said “I wasn’t disobedient to the heavenly vision.”
Acts 26:19-25 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision: [20] But showed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance. [21] For these causes the Jews caught me in the temple, and went about to kill me. [22] Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come: [23] That Christ should suffer, (persecuted by the spirit of the antichrist?) and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should show light unto the people, and to the Gentiles. [24] And as he spoke for himself, Festus said with a loud voice, Paul, you are beside yourself(not in your right mind); much learning does make you (not in your right mind) mad. [25] But he said, I am not mad, most noble Festus; but speak forth the words of truth and soberness. (Having the Mind of Christ.)

Last edited:

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You said the antichrist is not mentioned in Revelation.
Not exactly. I said the word "antichrist" is not there. Basically, my point is that there were, are, and will be many antichrists. We should pay more attention to Christ and less to antichrists. People make two mistakes about Satan: overestimating him and underestimating him.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a timely thread. I do think I've experience Satan putting thoughts in my head. Listened to a Podcast just yesterday from John Eldridge of Wild At Heart called Things Are Shifting that the feeling of despair, etc is being felt by many saints. He believes the enemy is working hard now to turn us from Christ.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What made you so most certain? Do you have a verse to support your most certainty?
The fact that satan prowls like a roaring lion in Peter, and Paul says we must b e awarte of Satans schemes and put on the armor of god. We would not need a helmet if the enemy did not project thoughts to us.