Can Satan read our minds?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
I don't believe Satan can read minds, and i don't see anything that could be considered knowing the thoughts of men by anyone but God. Thank goodness, could you imagine what kind of games he could unleash if he could?

I can find a half dozen verse that attribute reading minds and hearts to God though. God has also revealed the thoughts and dreams of other men to people like Daniel and others.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Rex said:
I don't believe Satan can read minds, and i don't see anything that could be considered knowing the thoughts of men by anyone but God. Thank goodness, could you imagine what kind of games he could unleash if he could?

I can find a half dozen verse that attribute reading minds and hearts to God though. God has also revealed the thoughts and dreams of other men to people like Daniel and others.
Good points. Only God is omniscient. :)

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
JB_Reformed Baptist said:
Good points. Only God is omniscient. :)
Well I was going to not call BS but was hoping that the Holy Spirit would enlighten or bring to remembrance the story in Dan 2.
Nebuchadnezzar knew how to call BS as well, I can only guess, but with Daniel and the greatest enchanters and sorcerers known to the king that Satan himself must have been somewhere near, unable to read the kings mind and know the dream.

And of course none of the sorcerers or enchanters could tell Nebuchadnezzar's his dream, only God revealed it to Daniel.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Rex said:
Well I was going to not call BS but was hoping that the Holy Spirit would enlighten or bring to remembrance the story in Dan 2.
Nebuchadnezzar knew how to call BS as well, I can only guess, but with Daniel and the greatest enchanters and sorcerers known to the king that Satan himself must have been somewhere near, unable to read the kings mind and know the dream.

And of course none of the sorcerers or enchanters could tell Nebuchadnezzar's his dream, only God revealed it to Daniel.
Yeah I know it's hard not to shoot from the hip. I was trying to be gentle, but alas the enemy knows where it would lead-to the truth- and so he enlightened and agitated those concerned. :)

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have direct experience here, yet as already stated scripture is silent in this area.

This experience involved myself and a different individual, a brother in the Lord, and a Ouija board. The spirit that manifested called himself satan, and the evil thing I made that night by hand would only work with me on it. We would only be on it two at a time and would work with our hands actually not touching the eye. I was thrilled and excited. I really made the thing to get a rise out of the party attempting to scare people. I never thought it would actually work. My friend was saying in his mind "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ" repeatedly, and the Ouija board kept going to no. He was actually in a different room when he was thinking that and I was the one with that demonic device touching my hands. I kept hearing a voice in my head saying, "go to no, go to no, go to no." and it would manifest sliding between the middle of the board then to no on the board. There were several people in the house at the time who also witnessed what was going on. He back came into the room and asked what the board was doing, and we told him. He immediately left. It wasn't until later that i learned why he was so distressed. I believe satan can read our minds. Take it for what it is, but this actually happened. I have been plagued with demonic oppression in one form or another ever since.

I have also been approached by spirits in a half sleep mode. I have chased them away by thinking to them to go to Jesus Christ. My most recent activity happened a couple of months ago. I was repeatedly thinking, "Go to Jesus Christ" kinda waking up around 3:00 am meditating that in my mind when I received a vision of a spirt coming through my front door, up my stairs, and into my bedroom. I was suddenly gripped with fear and my entire body tensed. I continued to meditate on that same thought, "Go to Jesus Christ" and also was reciting the our Father prayer in my mind alternating between the two but not consecutively. This lasted probably about 10 minutes, but seemed like forever. Finally the spirit left me. Immediately I was enveloped by a tingly sensation and I calmed, and fell back asleep. Then a short while after I felt that tingly sensation again but it was a little different, very hard to explain. Then I heard voices say, and not my own, "we are waiting for you lord satan." Possibly it was the sin in me, or a spirit tormenting me I heard, I do not know. Thank God these experiences only drive me closer to Jesus Christ, knowing and feeling my personal weakness and His strength.

Let me tell you I am a staunch believer, and a Christian to the core. I do not believe I am or even can be possessed because I am a temple of the HolySpirit. I don't even know why I am sharing this other than the fact that I am certain God has His purpose in it. I also state this saying I am a huge advocate of the idea that we give too much credit to how much satan can really do and how powerful he really is. It is Jesus Christ that all powerful, all knowing, and ever present, no one else.

In my most recent discovery I ran across a past brother Derek Prince on the internet. He has a delivery ministry. I went through his breaking generational curses prayer and have been uneventful for about two weeks now.

Resist the devil and he will flee!

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
justaname said:
I have direct experience here, yet as already stated scripture is silent in this area.

This experience involved myself and a different individual, a brother in the Lord, and a Ouija board. The spirit that manifested called himself satan, and the evil thing I made that night by hand would only work with me on it. We would only be on it two at a time and would work with our hands actually not touching the eye. I was thrilled and excited. I really made the thing to get a rise out of the party attempting to scare people. I never thought it would actually work. My friend was saying in his mind "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ" repeatedly, and the Ouija board kept going to no. He was actually in a different room when he was thinking that and I was the one with that demonic device touching my hands. I kept hearing a voice in my head saying, "go to no, go to no, go to no." and it would manifest sliding between the middle of the board then to no on the board. There were several people in the house at the time who also witnessed what was going on. He back came into the room and asked what the board was doing, and we told him. He immediately left. It wasn't until later that i learned why he was so distressed. I believe satan can read our minds. Take it for what it is, but this actually happened. I have been plagued with demonic oppression in one form or another ever since.

I have also been approached by spirits in a half sleep mode. I have chased them away by thinking to them to go to Jesus Christ. My most recent activity happened a couple of months ago. I was repeatedly thinking, "Go to Jesus Christ" kinda waking up around 3:00 am meditating that in my mind when I received a vision of a spirt coming through my front door, up my stairs, and into my bedroom. I was suddenly gripped with fear and my entire body tensed. I continued to meditate on that same thought, "Go to Jesus Christ" and also was reciting the our Father prayer in my mind alternating between the two but not consecutively. This lasted probably about 10 minutes, but seemed like forever. Finally the spirit left me. Immediately I was enveloped by a tingly sensation and I calmed, and fell back asleep. Then a short while after I felt that tingly sensation again but it was a little different, very hard to explain. Then I heard voices say, and not my own, "we are waiting for you lord satan." Possibly it was the sin in me, or a spirit tormenting me I heard, I do not know. Thank God these experiences only drive me closer to Jesus Christ, knowing and feeling my personal weakness and His strength.

Let me tell you I am a staunch believer, and a Christian to the core. I do not believe I am or even can be possessed because I am a temple of the HolySpirit. I don't even know why I am sharing this other than the fact that I am certain God has His purpose in it. I also state this saying I am a huge advocate of the idea that we give too much credit to how much satan can really do and how powerful he really is. It is Jesus Christ that all powerful, all knowing, and ever present, no one else.

In my most recent discovery I ran across a past brother Derek Prince on the internet. He has a delivery ministry. I went through his breaking generational curses prayer and have been uneventful for about two weeks now.

Resist the devil and he will flee!
Clearly your experience trumps the 'word of God' and 'good problem solving skills'. Good luck with that, you'll need it. :mellow:

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JB_Reformed Baptist said:
Clearly your experience trumps the 'word of God' and 'good problem solving skills'. Good luck with that, you'll need it. :mellow:
Clearly you are cynical. Good luck with that you will need it. :blink:

Oh and could you clarify exactly where the word of God says satan can't read minds?

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
justaname said:
Clearly you are cynical. Good luck with that you will need it. :blink:

Oh and could you clarify exactly where the word of God says satan can't read minds?
Read Daniel chapter 2 and you will see none of the magicians could tell Nebuchadnezzar his dream

Rex said:

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rex said:
Read Daniel chapter 2 and you will see none of the magicians could tell Nebuchadnezzar his dream
We are talking about satan, not men. To say satan would get involved with their situation, and that God would allow it, would be mere speculation.

I have actually done an extensive study in Daniel and Revelation.

As a created being satan is limited, yet we have current studies of both elephants and dolphins communicating with brain waves. It is not a broken concept to think an angel, even if he is fallen, can communicate the same way. Also we have these people who speak to the so called dead. Perhaps are these demons deceiving these mediums communicating via telepathy?

Just because you have not experienced something does not mean it does not exist. Also not everything that ever happened or happens is written in the Bible, perhaps the Lamb's Book of Life, but I know of no man that has a copy of that.

Man has a tendency to reject everything he does not comprehend, kinda like men of science rejecting God.
Undoubtedly the word of God has authority over experience, because man can be deceived. Nothing I wrote contradicts the word of God.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
If satan is indeed the prince of lies then how can you take the entity at it's word that it was indeed satan?

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
I see, so God revealing the dream to Daniel doesn't count as God reading the minds of men as well.

You would think that If God was using Daniel during the captivity and the destruction of the temple that Satan was present as well, incapable of revealing the dream Nebuchadnezzar had.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BiggAndyy said:
If satan is indeed the prince of lies then how can you take the entity at it's word that it was indeed satan?
I don't. I just recounted the story as I remember it happening. Truly it was about 20+ years ago now.

Rex said:
I see, so God revealing the dream to Daniel doesn't count as God reading the minds of men as well.

You would think that If God was using Daniel during the captivity and the destruction of the temple that Satan was present as well, incapable of revealing the dream Nebuchadnezzar had.
I spoke nothing of God you did. And now it appears that you are the one capable of reading minds or at least able to tell God's sovereign plans.

Please understand, I have nothing to gain in sharing this information. If this is going to turn into a bully session I will simply stop responding.

Thank You in the Love of Christ.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
justaname said:
I don't. I just recounted the story as I remember it happening. Truly it was about 20+ years ago now.

I spoke nothing of God you did. And now it appears that you are the one capable of reading minds or at least able to tell God's sovereign plans.

Please understand, I have nothing to gain in sharing this information. If this is going to turn into a bully session I will simply stop responding.

Thank You in the Love of Christ.
I'm not going to bully you, I simply provided an example of sorcerers and magicians who serve Satan and the king Nebuchadnezzar not being able to solicit Satan to reveal the dream or thoughts of the king.

You on the other hand offer a personal experience based on your playing with a ouija board, something that sorcerers and magicians are very familiar with.

So you be the judge.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rex said:
I'm not going to bully you, I simply provided an example of sorcerers and magicians who serve Satan and the king Nebuchadnezzar not being able to solicit Satan to reveal the dream or thoughts of the king.

You on the other hand offer a personal experience based on your playing with a ouija board, something that sorcerers and magicians are very familiar with.

So you be the judge.
In my opinion there is nothing to judge. Perhaps you had a sinless past but I did not. You can refer to post #50 to see my response to what you present.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
I have noting to say except, why would Angels long to look into the the things revealed though the Spirit If they could read your mind?
1 Peter 1:12

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 1:10-12
10 As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries,
11 seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow.
12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves, but you, in these things which now have been announced to you through those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven—things into which angels long to look.

Angles are spoken of as looking at our salvation, not wanting to read our minds.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
I see, but they could If they wanted to

Like I said before I have no confidence in you and your ouija board experience for changing my belief that Satan can not read minds.
But you're capable of making that decision yourself, have a nice evening,

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rex said:
I see, but they could If they wanted to

Like I said before I have no confidence in you and your ouija board experience for changing my belief that Satan can not read minds.
But you're capable of making that decision yourself, have a nice evening,
Rex,

You are attempting to use a scripture that speaks nothing of reading minds. I am glad you have no confidence in me although cynicism is not a novel Christian trait. Keep you confidence in Christ!

Ok since we are attempting to make inferences in accordance with scripture I will join in.

Genesis 3:1
1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, “Indeed, has God said, ‘You shall not eat from any tree of the garden’?”

Snakes don't have vocal chords.

Job 17:13-15
13 “If I say, ‘My bed will comfort me,
My couch will ease my complaint,’
14 Then You frighten me with dreams
And terrify me by visions;
15 So that my soul would choose suffocation,
Death rather than my pains.

Even though Job accredits his suffering to God, we know from earlier chapters satan is the instrument used. Job in his sleep is tormented.

Ephesians 6:12

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Being a spiritual force of wickedness satan must have a means of communication that is not the same that flesh and blood uses. Many will agree that satan puts thoughts into our minds, why not accept the idea he can remove them also.

I am really not attempting to sway anyone in their beliefs, rather equip them or prepare them for what is possible. I do not know beyond a shadow of a doubt the truth of this subject, I can only speak to what I believe from past experience. It seems those who have experience in this realm of activity believe it is possible, and we only give warning.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I dont think Satan can read our minds but that is just my personal view

Renowned exorcist Malachi Martin also said NO .... Satan cannot read our minds.

Makes me stop and think about that bible verse that tells us to guard our tongues and be careful what we say ..... maybe because when we speak .... then Satan knows our plans.

I have "sort of" observed something through my years as a christian ..... if I announce some plan to do a (good) christian thing ..... often it gets thwarted at every step and the task may fail.

But if I keep those thoughts and plans to myself (dont talk about them) ..... often I can accomplish what I wanted.

It has made me stop and consider two possibilities
Was I being too boastful about my (good) christian plan and God let me stumble .... or was it because I spoke and let Satan "hear" my plan and then he tried to put up roadblocks.

Anyone else experience similar ?

thanks