Can Satan read our minds?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
THE Gypsy said:
I disagree. IMO... If Satan can put thoughts INTO our minds then he has access. It does him no good to tempt us with something that is of no interest to us or that is not within the realm of a weakness for us.

Bottom line, though....It really doesn't matter to someone whose mind is stayed on God.
That is another name for TEMPTATION. As to it's source the individual has to discern.

you said,
THE Gypsy said:
If Satan can't read our minds...how would he possibly know what to tempt us with?
I said

JB_Reformed Baptist said:
So he must of read Eve's mind to know what she would do, right? What about that he has a lot of experience in life, so it's sort of a no brainer in regards to that. :)
you said:

THE Gypsy said:
I said nothing at all about him "knowing what we would do".

I said

As a man thinketh in his heart so is he. Which implies thoughts proceed actions.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Another situation - I was confronted by a guy who began to manifest. I discerned the type of demon it was - and I spoke directly to it in my mind. I bound it and cast it out in Jesus name. The guy suddenly came to his right mind and said: "sorry, I don't know what came over me."

Scriptural back up just for JB ^_^

And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; Mark 16:17
Blessings!!!

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Angelina said:
Another situation - I was confronted by a guy who began to manifest. I discerned the type of demon it was - and I spoke directly to it in my mind. I bound it and cast it out in Jesus name. The guy suddenly came to his right mind and said: "sorry, I don't know what came over me."

Blessings!!!
Angelina said:

Blessings!!!
Thanks Angelina, but I fail to see how your scripture supports mind control.

Remember, God is the ONLY SPIRIT that can be Omnipresent. :)

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Angelina said:

Blessings!!!
Hi :) Uhm, once again, you sure it wasn't God, who knew your thoughts, then casted them out, for He heard your silent prayer ?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Uhm, once again, you sure it wasn't God, who knew your thoughts, then casted them out, for He heard your silent prayer ?
It may have been but please also remember. he gave us the ability to do all things in his name. I cannot see what difference it makes whether I say it with my mouth or think it in my mind, they will flee and there is no proof to say otherwise either :)
Please also note: I have no power over these things. It is in the name of Jesus that they flee.
Philippians 2: 8, 9, 10, 11

Shalom!

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Angelina said:
It may have been but please also remember. he gave us the ability to do all things in his name. I cannot see what difference it makes whether I say it with my mouth or think it in my mind, they will flee and there is no proof to say otherwise either :)
Please also note: I have no power over these things. It is in the name of Jesus that they flee

Shalom!
Angelina said:
Please also note: I have no power over these things. It is in the name of Jesus that they flee

Shalom!
On the basis of what you are saying a demon, no matter how far away -even though it can't be in two places at once- can hear your thoughts commanding it to... .?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
My quote: It may have been but please also remember. he gave us the ability to do all things in his name. I cannot see what difference it makes whether I say it with my mouth or think it in my mind, they will flee and there is no proof to say otherwise either
Please also note: I have no power over these things. It is in the name of Jesus that they flee.
JB: On the basis of what you are saying a demon, no matter how far away -even though it can't be in two places at once- can hear your thoughts commanding it to... .?
JB...the demon I commanded to flee...was in the man that confronted me...not floating down the road somewhere at a distance... :huh:
This is why I rarely discuss stuff like this here... such a huge waste of time. However, I am always available to those who need deliverance or assistance in this area because they truly know what I am talking about :)

Bless you!

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Angelina said:
Philippians 2: 8, 9, 10, 11

Shalom!
I know you know you are casting them out in the name of Jesus :lol:

I can't find any verses that say satan "can't" read our minds, just like I can't find any verses that say he "can" either.
Not quite a conundrum or an enigma either. :blink:
So I'll just call it God in His wisdom not giving us scripture on it for a purpose ^_^

But I still think he can't read our minds. :p :)

*runs away*

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
What can I say mankind love's darkness more than light... . Come, let us reason together saith the LORD, though your sins be scarlet they shall be white as snow. :mellow:

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Whether satan can read our minds or not is not a simple yes or no answer. There are many things to consider.

The first and biggest issue is that he is not omnipresent. The second is that he can only exercise his power in the space that God gives him. Thirdly, God's children are extra protected. A demon trying to read our mind encounters Jesus.

If we are unsaved and say in our minds that the demons must flee in Jesus name, it could simply be that angels come to the party, not that they literally read our minds. But either way the demons get the message :).

Whether they do or don't read our minds is irrelevant imo. What does it matter? am I missing something important? :wacko:

We are Christians who love Jesus, we are an open book to all. They just have to look at our past to know how to tempt us. No need to read our minds for temptation.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Our first error is that we underestimate what God can do. Once we do that we invariably then underestimate what the devil can do.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't, for one, think that Satan can read our minds. He is a created being, and that capacity is a power that belongs to God. I would base this on the accounts of Satan in Scripture, primarily dealing with his affliction and tempting of Job. Satan is free to tempt Job, but he never indicates any knowledge of what Job thinks.

Satan is so good at what he does, however, that he doesn't need to worry about that, as he knows every trick in the book to tempt and accuse.

Angelina, we can agree to disagree as friends on this topic, but I think your original description could be explained by our lack of understanding of metaphysics - IE: We don't fully understand how the spirit world interacts with the physical, but we do know they collide, so to speak, and one influences the other. I personally think that what you describe is more Satan (or a demon) using the spiritual to intrude versus true reading of the mind.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Angelina, we can agree to disagree as friends on this topic, but I think your original description could be explained by our lack of
understanding of metaphysics - IE: We don't fully understand how the spirit world interacts with the physical, but we do know they collide,
so to speak, and one influences the other. I personally think that what you describe is more Satan (or a demon) using the spiritual to intrude versus true reading of the mind.
Hmmm...metaphysics HS? I base my understanding on some experiences in the Deliverance Ministry brother. Nothing more...although laid does have a point and we at a stalemate there :)

Thanks for the over-ride BB

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
What can I say mankind love's darkness more than light... . Come, let us reason together saith the LORD, though your sins be scarlet they shall be white as snow. :mellow:
That's why I only quoted the first 5 words ! :lol:
You can reason and discuss any subject in the universe you know. ;)

:)
Angelina said:
Hmmm...metaphysics HS? I base my understanding on some experiences in the Deliverance Ministry brother. Nothing more...although laid does have a point and we at a stalemate there :)

Thanks for the over-ride BB
STALEMATE !!! That's the word I was grasping for !!!!! :lol: :lol:

Thanx :) You're an angel...............ina

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Satan cannot read our minds. He can however plant thoughts that we can either accept or reject.
He bases those thoughts on our conversations and activities that he observes.
We have the ability to rebuke those thoughts in Jesus' name.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
laid renard said:
That's why I only quoted the first 5 words ! :lol:
You can reason and discuss any subject in the universe you know. ;)

:)
STALEMATE !!! That's the word I was grasping for !!!!! :lol: :lol:

Thanx :) You're an angel...............ina
Your smug little reply is ambiguous and meaningless. No surprise there. Carry On. :mellow:

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you're a pentecostal/charismatic? Also you base your understanding on experience instead of the word of God. Are you able to backup your experience with scripture at all? :)

I am Pentecostal / Charismatic and rather proud of it!

a_burning_campfire.gif
Let the fire burn praise the Lord!
SBob.jpg
Got me 'Holy Roller' boots where I can stomp the floor!
sohappy2.gif
Time to run the aisles!
Smiley-R.gif
Touch me again sweet Holy Spirit!
Smiley-L.gif

Loving the mountain churches where they hadn't learned any better...
wvaJolovalley.jpg

snoopydance3.gif
Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp. - Psalm 149:3

And to describe my favorite saint, Robert Sheffey... (url in which must be opened with IE...(http://docsouth.unc.edu/fpn/rankin/rankin.html) )

I had associated with me that year a young collegemate, Rev. W. B. Stradley. He was a bright, popular fellow, and we managed to give Wytheville regular Sunday preaching. Stradley became a great preacher and died a few years ago while pastor of Trinity Church, Atlanta, Georgia. We were true yokefellows and did a great work on that charge, held fine revivals and had large ingatherings.

The famous Cripple Creek Campground was on that work. They have kept up campmeetings there for more than a hundred years. It is still the great rallying point for the Methodists of all that section. I have never heard such singing and preaching and shouting anywhere else in my life. I met the Rev. John Boring there and heard him preach. He was a well-known preacher in the conference; original, peculiar, strikingly odd, but a great revival preacher.

Page 241 The rarest character I ever met in my life I met at that campmeeting in the person of Rev. Robert Sheffy, known as "Bob" Sheffy. He was recognized all over Southwest Virginia as the most eccentric preacher of that country. He was a local preacher; crude, illiterate, queer and the oddest specimen known among preachers. But he was saintly in his life, devout in his experience and a man of unbounded faith. He wandered hither and thither over that section attending meetings, holding revivals and living among the people. He was great in prayer, and Cripple Creek campground was not complete without "Bob" Sheffy. They wanted him there to pray and work in the altar.

He was wonderful with penitents. And he was great in following up the sermon with his exhortations and appeals. He would sometimes spend nearly the whole night in the straw with mourners; and now and then if the meeting lagged he would go out on the mountain and spend the entire night in prayer, and the next morning he would come rushing into the service with his face all aglow shouting at the top of his voice. And then the meeting always broke loose with a floodtide.

He could say the oddest things, hold the most unique interviews with God, break forth in the most unexpected spasms of praise, use the homeliest illustrations, do the funniest things and go through with the most grotesque performances of any man born of woman.

It was just "Bob" Sheffy, and nobody thought anything of what he did and said, except to let him have his own way and do exactly as he pleased. In anybody else it would not have been tolerated for a moment. In fact, he acted more like a crazy man than otherwise, but he was wonderful in a meeting. He would stir the people, crowd the mourner's bench with crying penitents and have genuine conversions by the score. I doubt if any man in all that conference has as many souls to his credit in the Lamb's Book of Life as old "Bob" Sheffy.
Robert_Sheffey.jpg