CAN WE FALL AWAY ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 15 is an allegory and incorrect to use it for hermeneutics?
Interesting since Jesus used parables, allegories, and other such methods to relay His message to the people of that day and there is even a very strong reason why He did this. I trust you know what it is since you're so knowledgeable.

Here is your allegory that Jesus used:

I AM THE TRUE VINE .... Jesus is the vine. Hmmm. Wonder what that could mean?

MY FATHER IS THE VINE DRESSER .... God Father takes care of the vine. Hmmmm.....

THERE ARE BRANCHES IN JESUS, THE VINE.... Wonder who the branches could be??

GOD FATHER PRUNES SOME OF THE BRANCHES .... Jesus even tells us which ones. Do you know which ones?

BRANCHES CANNOT BEAR FRUIT ON THEIR OWN.... More mystery. Maybe Jesus didn't mean to be understood??

I AM THE VINE, YOU ARE THE BRANCHES .... Wow, looks like Jesus is helping us along to understand !

IF ANYONE DOES NOT ABIDE IN ME, HE IS THROWN AWAY AND BURNED...
Quite an allegory,,,everything has meaning, and Jesus means everything.

It's a good thing to know proper exegesis and hermeneutics in general.
For starters, Jesus meant everything He said for EVERYONE who desires to be a disciple and follow Him.

Here is something Paul said, you're hero:

1 Corinthians 11:1-3
1Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ.

2Now I praise you because you remember me in everything and hold firmly to the traditions, just as I delivered them to you. 3But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ.

Kind of sounds like the allegory of John 15.
Christ is the head of every man.
God is the head of Christ.

The natural man springs forth as a BRANCH, FROM THE VINE.

The natural man springs forth from the BRANCH as a little bud that is ENLIGHTENED by receiving the Word of God, ie THE SON.

The little "bud" that Trusts, Believes, Submits by Vow to the ENLIGHTENMENT, Becomes the BRANCH that RECEIVES the SEED of God, and thereafter IS CAPABLE of BLOOMING into Fruit.

The SEED was promised, The SEED was given, The SEED was revealed, The SEED continues to be given....to every man WHO elects to Willfully, Heartfully Submit.

Gal 3:16
Now to Abraham and his (stock/sperm) seed were "THE PROMISES" made.

He saith "not", And to seed(S)
"As of Many",

BUT

"As of ONE",

And to they seed,

Which IS CHRIST.

IOW, eternal Life is reserved, not by BEING from the (sperm) stock of a Hebrew, or a Jew.....But rather "BY" a man WHO RECEIVES;
Gods SEED. And Gods SEED, "IS CHRIST".

It is ONLY POSSIBLE for a BRANCH (man) to BLOOM, produce Fruit, IF he is OF THE SEED, OF THE VINE.

IF that IS NOT the Case...the BRANCH WILL BE BROKEN OFF and Burned.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Read my signature!
And...?

List of reformed churches in the U.S.A.
Check out the Presbytarian churches....

North America[edit]
Main article: List of Reformed denominations in North America
Associated with the Dutch Reformed (Gereformeerde Gemeenten (Dutch)) churches in the Netherlands.
The PCA is the second largest Presbyterian denomination in the United States, after the PC(USA). Its motto is: "Faithful to the Scriptures, True to the Reformed Faith and Obedient to the Great Commission of Jesus Christ."
Most Presbyterian churches adhere to the Westminster Confession of Faith, but the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), in order to embrace the historical expressions of the whole Reformed tradition as found in the United States, has adopted a Book of Confessions which includes the Westminster Confession of Faith.
part 1 of 2

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Part 2 of 2

One of the most conservative of all Reformed/Calvinist denominations, the PRCA separated from the Christian Reformed Church in the 1920s in a schism over the issue of common grace.
The majority of the original Reformed Church in the United States, which was founded in 1725, merged with Evangelical Synod of North America (a mix of German Reformed & Lutheran theologies) to form the Evangelical and Reformed Church in 1940 (which would merge with the Congregational Christian Churches in 1957 to form the United Church of Christ) leaving the Eureka Classis serving as a Continuing church of the Reformed Church in the United States until 1986, when it was dissolved to form the Synod of the Reformed Church in the United States
The Reformed Church in America (RCA) is the oldest Dutch Reformed denomination in the United States, dating back from the mid-17th century
Although most churches in the Southern Baptist Convention cannot be described as Reformed, the Baptist Faith and Message is open enough to allow for Reformed Baptist churches. These Reformed Baptist churches generally also affirm the 1689 Baptist Confession of Faith. The Founders Ministries is a group of Southern Baptists that assert that the founding of the Southern Baptist Convention had placed the denomination within the Reformed tradition. Additionally, the SBC has been increasingly influenced in the 21st century by New Calvinism.
The United Church of Christ was formed in 1957 as a union bringing together the majority of Congregational churches in the US, the (German) Reformed Church in the United States, the (German) Evangelical Synod of North America (a body descended from the Reformed-Lutheran Evangelical Church of the Prussian Union), and the Christian Connection (a restorationist movement).
source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Reformed_denominations

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Part 2 of 2

One of the most conservative of all Reformed/Calvinist denominations, the PRCA separated from the Christian Reformed Church in the 1920s in a schism over the issue of common grace.
The majority of the original Reformed Church in the United States, which was founded in 1725, merged with Evangelical Synod of North America (a mix of German Reformed & Lutheran theologies) to form the Evangelical and Reformed Church in 1940 (which would merge with the Congregational Christian Churches in 1957 to form the United Church of Christ) leaving the Eureka Classis serving as a Continuing church of the Reformed Church in the United States until 1986, when it was dissolved to form the Synod of the Reformed Church in the United States
The Reformed Church in America (RCA) is the oldest Dutch Reformed denomination in the United States, dating back from the mid-17th century
Although most churches in the Southern Baptist Convention cannot be described as Reformed, the Baptist Faith and Message is open enough to allow for Reformed Baptist churches. These Reformed Baptist churches generally also affirm the 1689 Baptist Confession of Faith. The Founders Ministries is a group of Southern Baptists that assert that the founding of the Southern Baptist Convention had placed the denomination within the Reformed tradition. Additionally, the SBC has been increasingly influenced in the 21st century by New Calvinism.
The United Church of Christ was formed in 1957 as a union bringing together the majority of Congregational churches in the US, the (German) Reformed Church in the United States, the (German) Evangelical Synod of North America (a body descended from the Reformed-Lutheran Evangelical Church of the Prussian Union), and the Christian Connection (a restorationist movement).
Doesn't do nothing for me.
The presby church out my way is huge and does street evangelism
better than most any other church

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The natural man springs forth as a BRANCH, FROM THE VINE.

The natural man springs forth from the BRANCH as a little bud that is ENLIGHTENED by receiving the Word of God, ie THE SON.

The little "bud" that Trusts, Believes, Submits by Vow to the ENLIGHTENMENT, Becomes the BRANCH that RECEIVES the SEED of God, and thereafter IS CAPABLE of BLOOMING into Fruit.

The SEED was promised, The SEED was given, The SEED was revealed, The SEED continues to be given....to every man WHO elects to Willfully, Heartfully Submit.

Gal 3:16
Now to Abraham and his (stock/sperm) seed were "THE PROMISES" made.

He saith "not", And to seed(S)
"As of Many",

BUT

"As of ONE",

And to they seed,

Which IS CHRIST.

IOW, eternal Life is reserved, not by BEING from the (sperm) stock of a Hebrew, or a Jew.....But rather "BY" a man WHO RECEIVES;
Gods SEED. And Gods SEED, "IS CHRIST".

It is ONLY POSSIBLE for a BRANCH (man) to BLOOM, produce Fruit, IF he is OF THE SEED, OF THE VINE.

IF that IS NOT the Case...the BRANCH WILL BE BROKEN OFF and Burned.
Really?

1 Corinthians 2:14
14But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Doesn't do nothing for me.
The presby church out my way is huge and does street evangelism
better than most any other church
So? What does that prove?
Are they teaching the word of God or are they teaching the word of a man?

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Part 2 of 2

Well, whoop ti doo

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Kids are getting saved, so you tell me
If they ever find out the truth of what they are being taught, they will most probably leave the Christian religion and not join another group...unless they're lucky, as some on this very forum are, and learn the truth and seek it elsewhere.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they ever find out the truth of what they are being taught, they will most probably leave the Christian religion and not join another group...unless they're lucky, as some on this very forum are, and learn the truth and seek it elsewhere.
well, whoop to doo

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I'm telling you how important I think talking about John Calvin is.
Did you check my ratings thread last night?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
And when should those time be?
When should I not be myself?
How do I know how to act to please others all the time?
I'm so confused!!!
Here's how Rollo:

If the conversation is serious, YOU be serious too.
If it's a derailing thread, then kid around all you want to.
It doesn't mean you shouldn't act like yourself....
Just state what you believe.
You DON'T act to please others all the time, otherwise you'd be having a serious conversation with me right now.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's how Rollo:

If the conversation is serious, YOU be serious too.
If it's a derailing thread, then kid around all you want to.
It doesn't mean you shouldn't act like yourself....
Just state what you believe.
You DON'T act to please others all the time, otherwise you'd be having a serious conversation with me right now.
Yes dear.

Reactions: Nancy