Can we rise above the scrutiny

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kbrenton

Dec 13, 2014
Delaware
Ht,

Christians are watched and judged everyday for their walk. I believe one of our most effective tools in surviving the scutiny is in the little things of your life.How do your live your Christian walk. Our best defense is living as Christ taught us in all that we do, no matter how tivial. We must love as Christ loved. To live in peace with everyone to the best of our abillity. Acceping others without judgement. Putting the needs of others first.

It can be something as trivial as holding the elevator door even if it means waiiting for a second.Giving someone a compliment for no apparemt reason just to motivate them to be the best they can be. I am one of those people who help the person in front of me at the store if they do not have enough money. Our greatest witness may come at one of those times when we are just doing a random act of kindness because that is what we believe when God said to love your neighbor and your enemy. It may well be our most effective way to share Gods love with our judge and jury. Our strongest defense against those who judge us, may be the smallest gesture given to others in love. It means expecting nothing in return in any way, To be a strong witness in a quiet moment could lead to the largest acceptance of God ever..

It is the small stuff that matters the most: able to make the loudest and most effective witness..

God Bless
Kim

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this is the thing we don't get as Christianity - and I am speaking collectively. The strongest witness is not the pastor or evangelist leading hundreds, thousands, or tens of thousands (or more) in revival. Rather, it's living day-in and day-out with the two greatest commandments in mind. It generally means an almost anonymous life in the sense of the number of people reached on a daily basis because it doesn't include the big, sexy numbers.

In fact, the ultimate witness is living our faith day-to-day. You cannot badmouth a quiet person living peacefully who has the time for everyone and is always there when you need them. That's not to say that there is not a place for revival and church and so on, but these things are ineffective if life the other 6 days of the week pretty much looks like what it does for everyone else in the world.

So much of this rise of the nones syndrome is probably much more of a symptom of this than anything. It's great Brother Joe worships on Sunday, but if he's sticking a metaphorical knife in the corporate back of his colleague on Tuesday, what does that look like to someone on the outside? It's much easier to proclaim that you've died one day a week than it is to die to self daily (Luke 9:23).

Reactions: aspen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Transformation and Redemption happen during daily living.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
[SIZE=16pt]If one allows the Holy Spirit/Jesus to guide his or her walk then he or she will always be in God’s will.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]God will make sure one is in his will at all times. Also all the glory for one walking the walk as God has one do is God’s. It is God’s work not him or hers. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”[/SIZE]

Reactions: kbrenton