Will unbelievers never be saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell is done away with, in Revelation 20. Jesus crosses the gaps of hell in order to bring a message to those who are on the other side of Abraham’s bosom. That place no longer exists today, for me. It was done away with by the Lord Jesus Christ. You should really know your Bible well, before criticizing something you could have just asked me a question, instead such as “Matthew, why is it you say that hell is done away with?” That would because Jesus is a victor, and not a loser my friend. As many people make him out to be…

If anyone has time today, which is always 10 or 20 minutes, just read a Bible you enjoy hearing out loud to yourself. Renew your mind with light, and have the mind of Christ, let’s abide in the vine.
No it was not done away with

14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

There is no recovery from the second death, it is eternal

Reactions: ScottA

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats sad. I have to wonder if they understand what Christ did on the cross..
Cross did everything none of us could have done for the Father and for the World. He paid a due price of sin, which we should face, he was put to death by his own family, of brethern the people of the Jews, Judea.

His blood, allows for forgiven. He is allows Jesus to always be our high priest. Jesus was the firstborn as a heaven/man, Jesus was the Word, Jesus was Immanuel, Jesus was the one whom was the messiah, the anointed one called Christ.

He lived a life under the Law, and fulfilled it, and the prophets which pertained to his coming, in the Old Testament scriptures. He lived a life of willinglness to learn what the Father had to teach him, and say what the Father has desires for him to Say, and he did this on behalf of his own will.

The order was to replace what was lost on the Garden, and where Man and God could be reconciled, but many people stop at just the cross itself and never move forward to bearing the old man, and stepping into faith into the new man which yearns by the spirit given from God the things of God. It is amazing to see that the Worldly arrangement has been made in favor of Gods desire and will, in order to get his will done, but allowing man to choose for themselves as they go about life, and the decisions they make in the afterlife.

Praise be to the Lord Yeshua, who suffered greatly, beaten, stripped naked, humiliated all bearing the expression of the unseen God, whom then went on giving up the Christ within him on the cross. Where then Jesus goes to hell in paradise, then goes to the prison part before coming back to life raised by God and the rock was moved and then more wild things continued to go forward all for the benefit of people who are believers now today, to have a stable and good relationship with God and knowing that you and all are loved and desired to be heard from by Him.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well first thing you have to remember is there were no chapters in the original writings. Men added them

and if it takes 5 chapters to get a context correct to get an interpretation correct. Then by golly use 5 chapters.

You can't pull verses out of context and support a view. if we could do this we could make the bible say anything we want.

Context certainly applies in many cases of study but not all, in terms of interpretation.

An example would be David in the context of his own suffering and being hunted, crying out to God, which then also becomes very much out of his own context, but in the context of Christ. In fact, Jesus often cherry-picked from wherever He decided was applicable.

Which means, there may very well be a context issue in our own studies, but the Holy Spirit is under no such limitation. And we should not stifle the Holy Spirit, but be aware that He is indeed active within the church, speaking through those to whom He is sent.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cross did everything none of us could have done for the Father and for the World. He paid a due price of sin, which we should face, he was put to death by his own family, of brethern the people of the Jews, Judea.

His blood, allows for forgiven. He is allows Jesus to always be our high priest. Jesus was the firstborn as a heaven/man, Jesus was the Word, Jesus was Immanuel, Jesus was the one whom was the messiah, the anointed one called Christ.

He lived a life under the Law, and fulfilled it, and the prophets which pertained to his coming, in the Old Testament scriptures. He lived a life of willinglness to learn what the Father had to teach him, and say what the Father has desires for him to Say, and he did this on behalf of his own will.

The order was to replace what was lost on the Garden, and where Man and God could be reconciled, but many people stop at just the cross itself and never move forward to bearing the old man, and stepping into faith into the new man which yearns by the spirit given from God the things of God. It is amazing to see that the Worldly arrangement has been made in favor of Gods desire and will, in order to get his will done, but allowing man to choose for themselves as they go about life, and the decisions they make in the afterlife.

Praise be to the Lord Yeshua, who suffered greatly, beaten, stripped naked, humiliated all bearing the expression of the unseen God, whom then went on giving up the Christ within him on the cross. Where then Jesus goes to hell in paradise, then goes to the prison part before coming back to life raised by God and the rock was moved and then more wild things continued to go forward all for the benefit of people who are believers now today, to have a stable and good relationship with God and knowing that you and all are loved and desired to be heard from by Him.
This is all true

But you will not just get it. Jesus himself said that he was sent so that whoever believed will be born again..

He also said those who do not and will never believe are condemned already.

He died for the world. But the whole world will nto be saved, He will not force you to recieve his gift.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA.....Explain your bizarre statement.

The scriptures are full of word pictures of things to come. Jesus, the Word and Author, picked from his own previous inspired words to make certain points, marriage, the days of Noah, etc. I could quote them...but I have already given the example of David's suffering being a picture of Christ's own suffering.

Reactions: MatthewG

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Context certainly applies in many cases of study but not all, in terms of interpretation.

An example would be David in the context of his own suffering and being hunted, crying out to God, which then also becomes very much out of his own context, but in the context of Christ. In fact, Jesus often cherry-picked from wherever He decided was applicable.

Which means, there may very well be a context issue in our own studies, but the Holy Spirit is under no such limitation. And we should not stifle the Holy Spirit, but be aware that He is indeed active within the church, speaking through those to whom He is sent.
we do have to be careful though..
Many people say the HS told them this is what this particular passage means. When a careful study would show it is not true.

Jesus did nto cherry pick passages out of context that I can remember, do you have an example of this?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scriptures are full of word pictures of things to come. Jesus, the Word and Author, picked from his own previous inspired words to make certain points, marriage, the days of Noah, etc. I could quote them...but I have already given the example of David's suffering being a picture of Christ's own suffering.
I see Jesus used davids suffering as a means to show his suffering, as the son of david.

But remember, Davids suffering were of his own doing, because of the sin he committed.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

So you are saying that Christ used the Old Testament (Days of Noah) and (David's Life) to teach what was relevant in that moment, to that particular group of listeners.

Something else He did, ..very occasionally..... He use Jewish(religious) Stories, that Jews knew before He was born, to teach them more then they understood, previously about these stories.

He "opened" these to them the same way that Jesus opened the Torah to them.

If i can find it, i'll post a Pic of the Text book (Jewish -english translation) of the History of this, as its very interesting.

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we do have to be careful though..
Many people say the HS told them this is what this particular passage means. When a careful study would show it is not true.

Jesus did nto cherry pick passages out of context that I can remember, do you have an example of this?

Certainly we should be careful.

I just gave some examples of Jesus cherry-picking for previous scripture in another post: marriage, the days of Noah, etc. I am sure there are tons more: manna from heaven, the first will be last, rest, etc.

The problem is, each and every one can be claimed to be in context--because they are by His making them so, and yet not all would be in context in their original use in the scriptures.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see Jesus used davids suffering as a means to show his suffering, as the son of david.

But remember, Davids suffering were of his own doing, because of the sin he committed.

The point with David. is that David's suffering within the otherwise unrelated context of his own life, became prophecy of Christ.

The words are spirit...all of them. Meaning, we should also be careful not to put them in a box by what we might understandingly consider proper context. But your point is a valid one: the spiritual nature of the word of God should never be considered a license to make claims by any person...without it being the Holy Spirit speaking through them.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainly we should be careful.

I just gave some examples of Jesus cherry-picking for previous scripture in another post: marriage, the days of Noah, etc. I am sure there are tons more: manna from heaven, the first will be last, rest, etc.

The problem is, each and every one can be claimed to be in context--because they are by His making them so, and yet not all would be in context in their original use in the scriptures.
I disagree,

if you took it out of context of the origional use. The person tryin go interpret has nothing for which to base their interpretation from. In other words. I cant test it

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree,

if you took it out of context of the origional use. The person tryin go interpret has nothing for which to base their interpretation from. In other words. I cant test it

So...you think that because David was crying out to God in his own context, and don't agree that his words in the Psalms are in context as prophecy of Jesus (yet out of David's own life context)...even though the scriptures declare it?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So...you think that because David was crying out to God in his own context, and don't agree that his words in the Psalms are in context as prophecy of Jesus (yet out of David's own life context)...even though the scriptures declare it?
No

I am saying taken in context. It explains exactly how it is a prophecy.

If God said the sky is blue

then 3000 years later, said they sky back then was green.

Well something is in error there..

romans 9 is a huge example of how when people take OT words out of context, we get a false interpretation of the word..

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the OP makes the case that such reasoning applies to more than just Abraham.

Unbeliever is pretty broad. Meaning for example, one who has never HEARD, or one who has HEARD but unsure to believe, or one who has HEARD and decided to reject.

Before the end of the Trib sent down from Heaven….ALL will Hear…and their time will be very short to DECIDE their Belief.

Rev 14:
[6] And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

^^ all encompassing

[7] Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

God is Just. He is All-Knowing, Knowing what every individual’s hearts true thoughts ARE…or WOULD COME TO BE … and SAVES accordingly…aka Gods ORDER and WAY.

God Bless you,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No

romans 9 is a huge example of how when people take OT words out of context, we get a false interpretation of the word..

Scripture is Knowledge approved by God.
Understanding the Scripture, or otherwise trying to land on the meaning, the interpretation…is a GIFT from God given those who SEEK…ASK God for His Understanding…
And the CAVEAT IS: WHO can ASK GOD ANYTHING, that He WILL LISTEN, HEAR, ANSWER?
Those who ARE “Converted”….and WHY, even though Satan himself is VERY WELL versed and knows Scripture….He CAN NOT Understand it. And the same can and does apply to many people.

God Bless You,
Taken

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No

I understand your context point.

But it would seem that you have yet to acknowledge that David crying out to God in the Psalms holds two completely different contexts, one regarding David alone, and another regarding Jesus. The point of which, is that context is not a hard and fast rule when it comes to scripture.

• Wow
Reactions: Wrangler