Can you be saved without a priest?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do I do so?

For me, I simply allowed my RSV bible to fall open ( ... to the 11th Chapter of Daniel ... ) and started reading at the Vietnam War (verse 10); and then put my Bible down for that IMPOSSIBILITY, (because I'd had the Bible since BEFORE the Vietnam War, and "knew" it was IMPOSSIBLE to write History before it happens). So after a few minutes I picked it back up and read about the Vietnam War Protesters (verse 14); and again put it back down for that IMPOSSIBILITY! -- But being a "smart" person I decided to "trick" GOD by reading the verse in front of these passages (verse 9) where it described the Cuban Missile Crisis.

And so I was "Saved" on the spot. -- Of course I attended a Spirit Filled Church, and it took time for me to grow in Christ and my salvation, but some 45 years later (and after documenting Daniel's prophecies against History) I'm a living testimony of GOD's saving grace.

But EACH PERSON must come to GOD in their own way, according to their own needs/personality/character. And of course GOD will meet you where you ARE, and take you where you NEED TO BE!

With Best Regards,
Bobby Jo

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then who are His low priests?
The model scripture uses is that of the Hebrew Tabernacle the which is a figure of the Plan of Redemption. The common priests (what you might call the low priest) had their role in attending to the people as well as other roles. (this is a figure of Jesus here on Earth) Each aspect of the tabernacle service being figurative. Only the High Priest entered into the second apartment and that only once a year, also with blood.

Ultimately, Jesus represents all aspects. He is the fulfilment of the figure/type.

Just as when the High Priest was finished with his role in the second apartment (which is indicative of Heaven) and came out to the people so now we await the soon coming of Jesus to the Earth to rescue his people.

It its an error for today's Church to model their service after the tabernacle figure....why? ...because the reality is in Jesus. He is the bread of life, the light of the world, the lamb slain.....he is now the High Priest in heaven who represents God's people.

The error is that it detracts from the role of Jesus now in heaven....it makes the people look to the wrong place.....it is a counterfeit.

I am aware your question is simple enough but to understand its connection one must go somewhat deeper otherwise the understanding and practice is arbitrary. I would also like to add, I have given you the bare bones.....there is more to understand than my simple presentation here.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Saved "without an Earthly man with Cleric credentials? "

Yes.

Receiving Salvation given by the God Lord and received by a man, does not require a another person's participation or presence.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you receive it, can you baptize yourself?

Ummmmmmm, baptism is simply a public acknowledgement of a spiritual change. But if you're asking if I showered the next morning, then YES, MAYBE I DID BAPTIZE MYSELF without the "BAPTISM".

Bobby Jo

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
baptism is simply a public acknowledgement of a spiritual change.

I’ve heard that but never found it in scripture? Mark 16:16 faith and baptism
Jn 3:5 born again by baptism water and the spirit

Reactions: Bobby Jo

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
baptism is simply a public acknowledgement of a spiritual change.

I’ve heard that but never found it in scripture? Mark 16:16 faith and baptism
Jn 3:5 born again by baptism water and the spirit
1)If baptism is necessary for salvation, why would Paul have said, “I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius” (1 Corinthians 1:14)?
2)Why would he have said, “For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power” (1 Corinthians 1:17)?

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The better question would be—- “can you be Saved “ WITH” a priest ?” The Answer is “NO”.
I disagree. Who's to say what person, what individual, can or cannot be "touched" by the Holy Spirit, -- whether a practicing "Priest" who had a job but now has a calling?

Certainly not me, -- and not you! :)
Bobby Jo

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ did send Paul to baptize but not his primary mission, otherwise he would not have baptized and been baptized.

the apostles and Paul was an apostle were sent to baptize my 28:19

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one savior and He is a priest!

Psalm 110:4
The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ did send Paul to baptize but not his primary mission, otherwise he would not have baptized and been baptized.

the apostles and Paul was an apostle were sent to baptize my 28:19
Also we know for a FACT its the gospel of Jesus Christ which saves one from sin that a person must believe to be saved.

Knowing the above is TRUE please show me just one instance where the gospel is outlined including baptism. Below Paul outlines the gospel and what is needed to be believed for salvation.

1 Cor 15:1-17
Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; 7 then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; 8 and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, and not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me. 11 Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.

12 Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised; 14 and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. 15 Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; 17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree. Who's to say what person, what individual, can or cannot be "touched" by the Holy Spirit, -- whether a practicing "Priest" who had a job but now has a calling?

Certainly not me, -- and not you! :)
Bobby Jo

Read the Book Of Galatians and you will see that the Priests are touting a “ Perverted Gospel” and they are “ Accursed” — Damned, in other words for Teaching it. The True Gospel Of 1cor15:1-4 states that we are Saved if we simply Believe that Jesus died for our sins and rose from the dead .Anybody that adds to that simple Gospel message with “ infant baptism, the taking of the Sacraments,confessions of sins before a priest, etc ( I think catholic doctrine maintains that there are 7 requirements that must be added to the Grace plus Nothing Truth Of Paul’s Gospel, given to him by Jesus ) is in extreme jeopardy of being Lost for Eternity..
Those that fall for this Perverted Gospel “ Fall from Grace”. Some say that means you are damned.Others say it means you might be Saved, but your Christian Walk will be a Crippled One.Its debatable, I suppose.
One thing is NOT up for debate.....teaching that the Gospel Alone is not adequate for Salvation will send you to Hell .....as I said.....read Galatians......and good luck ....

Reactions: ChristisGod

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... YOUR OWN POST:

The better question would be—- “can you be Saved “ WITH” a priest ?” The Answer is “ NO”.

• So you're telling me that if there are 100 people who come forward in to be "saved", that the Evangelist must first winnow out any "Priests" who are part of that throng?
  • Alternately, can a PRIEST be that EVANGELIST?
  • Or CONVERSELY, if there are NO PRIESTS among the throng, that no one can accept Jesus as their savior?

It would seem you presume that there are NO Priests which are Christians, to which I would assert there are no Christians which are PERFECT, including yourself. :eek:

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you say you are saved?

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it ishigh time to awake out of sleep: for now isour salvation nearer than when we believed.

That scripture is speaking of the glorification of the body as salvation; not initial justification (see John 5:24 (kjv)).

1)If baptism is necessary for salvation, why would Paul have said, “I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius” (1 Corinthians 1:14)?
2)Why would he have said, “For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power” (1 Corinthians 1:17)?

In Acts of the Apostles 18:8, it becomes clear that many in Corinth were baptized. Since Paul wrote that he was not sent to baptize to the Christians in Corinth, it is also clear that Paul himself used Jesus' method spoken of in John 4:2; and chose to preach and let others do the baptizing for him.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also we know for a FACT its the gospel of Jesus Christ which saves one from sin that a person must believe to be saved.

Knowing the above is TRUE please show me just one instance where the gospel is outlined including baptism

Just one?

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blood bought 1953

please explain this verse of the holy word?

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

if faith is into salvation?

and the word says confession is unto salvation?

rom 10:10

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul did teach faith but not “faith alone”!

1 cor 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

phil 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genuine faith is needed; and genuine faith will apprehend the love of the Lord (Galatians 3:14, Romans 5:5).

But genuine faith alone does indeed save.