Can you be saved without a priest?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s not what Jesus or the Bible says?

mk 16:26 he who believes and is baptized shall be saved!

1 Pet 3:21 baptism now saves us!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its the first commandment!

Deut. 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

5 And thou shalt love the Lordthy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genuine faith is needed; and genuine faith will apprehend the love of the Lord (Galatians 3:14, Romans 5:5).

But genuine faith alone does indeed save.

That’s not what Jesus or the Bible says?

mk 16:26 he who believes and is baptized shall be saved!

1 Pet 3:21 baptism now saves us!

Baptism does indeed have the power to save us; and to be baptized means that you can have absolute assurance that you have been saved.

However, a similar assurance may be obtained simply by calling on the name of the Lord.

Jhn 3:16, For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Mar 16:16, He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Rom 10:13, For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... YOUR OWN POST:

The better question would be—- “can you be Saved “ WITH” a priest ?” The Answer is “ NO”.

• So you're telling me that if there are 100 people who come forward in to be "saved", that the Evangelist must first winnow out any "Priests" who are part of that throng?
  • Alternately, can a PRIEST be that EVANGELIST?
  • Or CONVERSELY, if there are NO PRIESTS among the throng, that no one can accept Jesus as their savior?

It would seem you presume that there are NO Priests which are Christians, to which I would assert there are no Christians which are PERFECT, including yourself. :eek:

Bobby Jo

I was talking about the Priests of the Catholic Church That Teach a “ Perverted Gospel” — That would be any “Gospel” that would State that even though the Gospel is “ Essential” for Salvation— it ALONE is just not quite “ adequate” for Salvation .....
I could have made the same claim for Protestant teachers —-Catholic Priests are hardly alonecwhen it comes to Teaching False Gospels......they are all the same, and they sound like this....”Sure,Jesus Saves.....but once you know “ that” , you must ( insert your favorite Dead Work here) to STAY Saved——-Church attendance,Tithing, keeping the Commandments, repenting Of all of your sins before you die, taking the Sacraments, Living the Christian life, doing the best you can.....I could go on...
One’ s Salvation depends on two things—-Christ’s Blood and Our Faith.That is the Essence Of Paul’s Gospel , given to Paul personally by Jesus ...Add to that and you will “ Fall from Grace” and the Cross will benefit you “ NOTHING”....this is NOT a place to find yourself!

Don’t take my word for anything. Read all about these Truths In Galatians....It’s only six little chapters .....it could save your Soul......well worth the effort I would think....God Bless....

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was talking about the Priests of the Catholic Church ...

I FULLY UNDERSTAND, and empathize with your position. But this does not dictate that there are NO CHRISTIANS in the various "faiths", including Catholic, Mormon, Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists, all the way through to the Baptists.

Certainly it's easier to walk out with our "Daily BREAD" from some churches than others, -- but if I don't walk into a BAKERY, I can still get a Toasted English Muffin from McDonalds.

And so what man limits, GOD may not! :)
Bobby Jo

PS ... and SOME Bakeries are not worth the electricity for the "OPEN" sign. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How much believing is required before I’m saved?

FAITH without Works is dead. So you might consider constantly praying as you live your daily life so that you not only give GOD a chance to hear you and for You to hear HIM, and also the chance for GOD to ANSWER YOUR PRAYERS, -- even if it's as simple as giving you the recollection that a particular part might be in a particular place, so you don't have to stop working and run to the hardware store.

And yep, I find things I ended up with which I can use to complete a task, -- and -- the nearest Hardware Store is almost 3 hrs away round trip. So I'm VERY THANKFUL that GOD prepares my path before me!

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was talking about the Priests of the Catholic Church That Teach a “ Perverted Gospel” — That would be any “Gospel” that would State that even though the Gospel is “ Essential” for Salvation— it ALONE is just not quite “ adequate” for Salvation .....
I could have made the same claim for Protestant teachers —-Catholic Priests are hardly alonecwhen it comes to Teaching False Gospels......they are all the same, and they sound like this....”Sure,Jesus Saves.....but once you know “ that” , you must ( insert your favorite Dead Work here) to STAY Saved——-Church attendance,Tithing, keeping the Commandments, repenting Of all of your sins before you die, taking the Sacraments, Living the Christian life, doing the best you can.....I could go on...
One’ s Salvation depends on two things—-Christ’s Blood and Our Faith.That is the Essence Of Paul’s Gospel , given to Paul personally by Jesus ...Add to that and you will “ Fall from Grace” and the Cross will benefit you “ NOTHING”....this is NOT a place to find yourself!

Don’t take my word for anything. Read all about these Truths In Galatians....It’s only six little chapters .....it could save your Soul......well worth the effort I would think....God Bless....
We receive the Holy Spirit through faith alone (Galatians 3:14); but through the Holy Spirit enters the love of God (Romans 5:5).

This love is practical (1 John 3:17-18) and it is the fulfilling of the righteousness of the law within us (Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 8:4).

If we are not living out this love, it is a sign to us that we do not have genuine faith (see 2 Corinthians 13:5).

It is not that we are redeemed through living out this love; but it is that we are redeemed by a faith that obtains this love.

Therefore, if we do not have this love (and its corresponding works), we ought to question whether we have genuine faith.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you be saved without a priest?

No. But only this one:

5 So also Christ did not glorify Himself to become High Priest, but it was He who said to Him:

“You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.”

6 As He also says in another place:

“You are a priest forever
According to the order of Melchizedek”;

7 who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear, 8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. 9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, 10 called by God as High Priest “according to the order of Melchizedek,”

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Matthew 27:51 "And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;"

Pay attention of what happened here. In the Temple there are two veils, one of them leads to the holy of holies, and one that is in the holy of holies. This vale is the one that separated the Gentiles from the priests, and by custom the priests would stand before this veil at 3 P.M. each day. That one standing there, at 3 P.M. on this day, was the chief priest Caiaphus, the same priest that demanded Jesus death.

Caiaphus was the priests that repeated those evil wicked words from Psalm 22. As He stood there on this day at 3 P.M., the darkness was removed, the earth quaked, and the rocks trembled, as the veil that separated the holy of holies, for Gentiles was tore apart from top to bottom. This veil was a huge curtain, and with the veil split, it meant that the way to Christ, and the holy of holies was open to all who chose to follow the one that paid the price for their sins.

To believe on Christ, is to be released from perishing, and to come into everlasting life. It is to have your name placed in the Lamb's book of life, and not be faced with having your very soul be blotted out, and be as if you never existed.

This is the turning point of all history of all ages.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you receive it, can you baptize yourself?

The OP is about Receiving Salvation
OF ones "soul".
Receiving " Baptism" OF ones "spirit" is completely Different.

During receiving of Salvation...
The "soul" is being "restored".

During receiving of Baptism...
The "spirit" is being "born Again".

Glory to God,
Taken

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also we know for a FACT its the gospel of Jesus Christ which saves one from sin that a person must believe to be saved.

Knowing the above is TRUE please show me just one instance where the gospel is outlined including baptism

Just one?

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
where was the " gospel " mentioned in the passage ?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The holy of holies represented heaven, and veil represented the fact that heaven was closed when Adam fell and lost the grace of God, then Mary found this grace for us, Lk 1:30 when the redemption was complete the veil was torn showing heaven was open.