Can you evict God from living within you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One has to answer how God moved into one in the first place. He didnt force himself, into you, @BlessedPeace. Asking where did Jesus say doesnt make a difference. God is not a God of force is he?
Ask Jeremiah, he may give you an answer that surprises you.

Jeremiah 20:7-18 KJV
7) O LORD, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived: thou art stronger than I, and hast prevailed: I am in derision daily, every one mocketh me.
8) For since I spake, I cried out, I cried violence and spoil; because the word of the LORD was made a reproach unto me, and a derision, daily.
9) Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.
10) For I heard the defaming of many, fear on every side. Report, say they, and we will report it. All my familiars watched for my halting, saying, Peradventure he will be enticed, and we shall prevail against him, and we shall take our revenge on him.
11) But the LORD is with me as a mighty terrible one: therefore my persecutors shall stumble, and they shall not prevail: they shall be greatly ashamed; for they shall not prosper: their everlasting confusion shall never be forgotten.
12) But, O LORD of hosts, that triest the righteous, and seest the reins and the heart, let me see thy vengeance on them: for unto thee have I opened my cause.
13) Sing unto the LORD, praise ye the LORD: for he hath delivered the soul of the poor from the hand of evildoers.
14) Cursed be the day wherein I was born: let not the day wherein my mother bare me be blessed.
15) Cursed be the man who brought tidings to my father, saying, A man child is born unto thee; making him very glad.
16) And let that man be as the cities which the LORD overthrew, and repented not: and let him hear the cry in the morning, and the shouting at noontide;
17) Because he slew me not from the womb; or that my mother might have been my grave, and her womb to be always great with me.
18) Wherefore came I forth out of the womb to see labour and sorrow, that my days should be consumed with shame?

You may need to read through this passage several times. Pashur has been persecuting Jeremiah, and Jeremiah has had enough! But God makes His Word like a fire inside Jeremiah, and he must speak it out.

He knows that they lay in wait on every side of him, watching for any opportunity to denounce him and see him destroyed. But he also knows that God is with him as a "mighty terrible one" who will not let them succeed. Jeremiah praises God that He is against his enemies, but he also realizes that this life is just going to go on as it is.

Jeremiah MUST speak God's Word, and even though they will continue to make his life miserable, God won't let them win, and Jeremiah curses the day he was born, curses the one who told his father, You have a son! Jeremiah would have rather died in the womb, and just lay in there dead, rather than live the life he was living.

This is serious stuff! God's will is far greater than man's will. If you've chosen to receive Him, why would you think He'd ever let you go?

Much love!

Reactions: GTW27 and MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good stuff marks. That is a great a question. Why do some people let go of Jesus and his robe?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good stuff marks. That is a great a question. Why do some people let go of Jesus and his robe?
Who does that??

And if you think you are letting go . . . God isn't letting go of you. He is a mighty terrible one who is not going to be overturned by a man.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely.

Unbeliving heart is what happens.

That is why its good to continue to encourage people, pray….

Giver everything you have to God, good bad hate anger whatever lust your attitue towards whatever give it to him,

Let him be your God and let him supply you while you go in this life.

Faith, abraham was a journey man, living in hope never seeing his seed become like the (what was it?) the stars, a great nation, which eventually was materially destroyed for the one abraham also hoped for to be with God in heavenly jerusalem, dont you think?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is fine, if you continue to say no. I love the bible and how useful it is. It shows many amazing wonderments that in the old testament none of us could ever think of however real life people were living, and they were having faith and continued to look towards God. Think about Samuel, and the choices made by Saul in that day in age, from day one the spirit of the LORD came upon him and he prosphised to three other people he was foretold to meet. Then later on, he withhold information all by his own choice, then he makes even worse choices, and what happens the spirit of the LORD leaves him, and an evil spirit from the LORD comes about to bother him.

A person today can make the choice to evict God out of their own heart by their own choice, they may have had a good relationship with God, they may have had their ups and downs with God. But when something snaps in a person to the point of no… I no longer desire this anymore, they by their own merit, ask Jesus to leave from supping with them.

I was listening to some music that I enjoy in the car which is rap. And one of the bands name is “The Devilish Trio” and there is a song called “Permatrip”, there are things that suggest the bible is a lie. There was another song which was more rocker type, a person said on the song said “they say God is real, i disagree.” Now i do not know if these people have ever been believers, I know that God loves them; but it is amazing the choices in this world have to make.

A person who is of faith in Yahava and in His Son, can have God by his spirit move into them, a person who was of faith and renounces can by merit, evict God out of him.

I dont just blindly accept what people say, you have to use your mind and think, there is nothing wrong with questioning Gods word, and there is nothing wrong in thinking for yourself when you read something like the following.

Take care, brothers and sisters, that there will not be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart that falls away from the living God. But encourage one another every day, as long as it is still called “today,” so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. For we have become partakers of Christ if we keep the beginning of our commitment firm until the end, while it is said, “Today if you hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts, as when they provoked Me.””
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭3‬:‭12‬-‭15‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬

“For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭6‬:‭4‬-‭6‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬

Do I still think it is impossible? It could be with me trying to help someone come to terms with faith - but I do believe they can replace their faith back into Yahava and they can be made right with him again by their own merit of trusting Christ and what he has done for the world.

You are NOT listening.
There is an EXPRESS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN God “WITH” a man and God “IN” a man.

A man “WITH” God…God WILL BE “WITH” that man.

Man LEAVES God…God WILL “LEAVE” that man.

Even gave you a comparison of a man and woman Engaged….and breaking it off.
They are no longer one WITH the other.

Even told you…OT LAW, regarding a DIVORCE, was BREAKING off an “ENGAGEMENT” (which IS a Promise to MARRY).

A man WITH God, is a sort of PROMISE to Continue with God…….UNTIL THE COMMITMENT…AFTER the COMMITMENT…
The Lord God effects HIS PROMISE to change that man;
Forgive him (for having HAD in the past, NOT believed)
Save his soul.
Birth Again his spirit, with Gods Seed.
Feed him Gods truth (in his spirit), in his new heart.
AKA, the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, and that Spirit IS the Spirit of TRUTH…Gods TRUTH.

THEN is God “with AND IN” that man,
THEN is WHEN their (God and the mans commitment ) SEALED, and kept Sealed by the Power of God.

You think a man WITH the POWER of God “IN” him can LEAVE GOD?

You think that man IS STILL his “old man”?
His natural flesh, NOT accounted washed in Jesus’ Blood?
His old corrupt soul?
His old natural spirit of a mans seed?

You think that which IS BORN OF Gods SEED, is not IN “HIS” Likeness? And can Gods LIKENESS STAND AGAINST God.

Scripture teaches you, SEEDS reproduce their SAME Likeness.

I have given you my perspective and TOLD you WHY.

When an INDIVIDUAL chooses to BECOME Changed “IN” Gods LIKENESS….it’s not wishy washy child’s play. It is a one time event that men ARE told to be diligent, be sure, IT IS PERMANENT. It is Gods Power effecting the Change, ONCE and Forever.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are NOT listening.
There is an EXPRESS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN God “WITH” a man and God “IN” a man.

A man “WITH” God…God WILL BE “WITH” that man.

Man LEAVES God…God WILL “LEAVE” that man.

Even gave you a comparison of a man and woman Engaged….and breaking it off.
They are no longer one WITH the other.

Even told you…OT LAW, regarding a DIVORCE, was BREAKING off an “ENGAGEMENT” (which IS a Promise to MARRY).

A man WITH God, is a sort of PROMISE to Continue with God…….UNTIL THE COMMITMENT…AFTER the COMMITMENT…
The Lord God effects HIS PROMISE to change that man;
Forgive him (for having HAD in the past, NOT believed)
Save his soul.
Birth Again his spirit, with Gods Seed.
Feed him Gods truth (in his spirit), in his new heart.
AKA, the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, and that Spirit IS the Spirit of TRUTH…Gods TRUTH.

THEN is God “with AND IN” that man,
THEN is WHEN their (God and the mans commitment ) SEALED, and kept Sealed by the Power of God.

You think a man WITH the POWER of God “IN” him can LEAVE GOD?

You think that man IS STILL his “old man”?
His natural flesh, NOT accounted washed in Jesus’ Blood?
His old corrupt soul?
His old natural spirit of a mans seed?

You think that which IS BORN OF Gods SEED, is not IN “HIS” Likeness? And can Gods LIKENESS STAND AGAINST God.

Scripture teaches you, SEEDS reproduce their SAME Likeness.

I have given you my perspective and TOLD you WHY.

When an INDIVIDUAL chooses to BECOME Changed “IN” Gods LIKENESS….it’s not wishy washy child’s play. It is a one time event that men ARE told to be diligent, be sure, IT IS PERMANENT. It is Gods Power effecting the Change, ONCE and Forever.

@Taken
I don't know man. We do not really know each other, I am just sharing. Thank you for sharing. I am not trying to bicker back and forth over points anymore, me and you have established how we believe on the topic.

You believe you can not evict God. Okay.
I believe you can evict God. Therefore that is the end of the argument or dispuite or debate.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 Corinthians 3:16 Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

If so; how was he able to come in the first place?
He comes in 'in the first place' because we ask him to and that is how we become born again because Gods Spirit comes to live in us. So why would we even want to evict him?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The main topic is can you evict God from you.

No. read your own title thread. It say from;
WITH-IN.

If you are with God and want to leave Him…
Leave.
He doesn’t require a eviction notice…
He will Leave you.

If God is IN you. No, for the rest of your mortal life, He will NOT Leave you, nor will you want Him to.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he comes in 'in the first place' because we ask him to and that is how we become born again because Gods Spirit comes to live in us. So why would we even want to evict him?
It's a great mystery, an unbelieving heart.

Think about being betrayed by a former organization. They told you this is the truth. Then you find out it is not the truth, so you go seeking for truth, but what is the truth that one needs to hope in? The truth that is able to set one free of religious bondage from other, organizations, or people groups, or individuals who subject themselves to causing the bondage to others even if it is parents, or children.

That is the only answer I have. If you go and seek something and it is not God, but is is a god or an idol, or even if you look to something else to save you other than God, comes by and through a person becoming unbelieving.

Believing people like you, and many others have had a great experience with God through your life, there would be no reason for you as a God fearing woman, to ever desire to give up faith. There was a time in my life, where I consider leaving God, and I asked myself is believing in you or no to believe in you, even worth it, while praying. And I told him he is worth it, and you know people come to these points in their life, and I cant explain it other than my own words. People do, they turn from the faith because of betrayl, or some hurt, or desiring something else beside what could offer them a way to be set free - when living here in this world by walking in the spirit, and walking in faith, not by sight.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. read your own title thread. It say from;
WITH-IN.

If you are with God and want to leave Him…
Leave.
He doesn’t require a eviction notice…
He will Leave you.

If God is IN you. No, for the rest of your mortal life, He will NOT Leave you, nor will you want Him to.
You have great faith, like many people here. No. God will not leave you, you are a God fearing person.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I often wonder if we who are actually Christian here, because God knows we have atheist posers and Racist Identity Trolls apple ty, if we would speak to one another face to face if I church the same way we do here post after post.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's a great mystery, an unbelieving heart.

Think about being betrayed by a former organization. They told you this is the truth. Then you find out it is not the truth, so you go seeking for truth, but what is the truth that one needs to hope in? The truth that is able to set one free of religious bondage from other, organizations, or people groups, or individuals who subject themselves to causing the bondage to others even if it is parents, or children.

That is the only answer I have. If you go and seek something and it is not God, but is is a god or an idol, or even if you look to something else to save you other than God, comes by and through a person becoming unbelieving.

Believing people like you, and many others have had a great experience with God through your life, there would be no reason for you as a God fearing woman, to ever desire to give up faith. There was a time in my life, where I consider leaving God, and I asked myself is believing in you or no to believe in you, even worth it, while praying. And I told him he is worth it, and you know people come to these points in their life, and I cant explain it other than my own words. People do, they turn from the faith because of betrayl, or some hurt, or desiring something else beside what could offer them a way to be set free - when living here in this world by walking in the spirit, and walking in faith, not by sight.
Jesus is the only God that dwells in his followers. Many cults promote a false gospel and put fear in the hearts of their people so that their followers are afraid to leave or believe anything different. I have been blessed by excellent teaching and mentoring.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So is your answer still no?
Look, the Bible actually is not a book. It is a library of different literature,texts,from different eras.

Over 40 different authors compiled the Bible. And innumerable scribes and translators copied copies,of copies,of copies,of text. Which is why the Bible is errant.

If you glean understanding of God,Jesus,through the tangle that has led people to quarrel since the word was published,that's God's Holy Spirit.

Jesus talked about seeking him in books. You've got that right idea. If you read those who commit to Biblioidolatry, you'll likely see they know no better.

Never let anyone tell you you do not know Jesus. When he knows your name,their opinion evaporates

Stay strong brother.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look, the Bible actually is not a book. It is a library of different literature,texts,from different eras.

Over 40 different authors compiled the Bible. And innumerable scribes and translators copied copies,of copies,of copies,of text. Which is why the Bible is errant.

If you glean understanding of God,Jesus,through the tangle that has led people to quarrel since the word was published,that's God's Holy Spirit.

Jesus talked about seeking him in books. You've got that right idea. If you read those who commit to Biblioidolatry, you'll likely see they know no better.

Never let anyone tell you you do not know Jesus. When he knows your name,their opinion evaporates

Stay strong brother.

Yes, there is absolutely no growth if one is not willing to subject themselves to understand that, if they are well capable of making time to look and read, and study the bible, just for 1 hour a day, or more perhaps 2, or 3 hours if one is willing, just to study. To look things over, to consider what is there, and who is being written to and give the ability to realiaze it was of a different time period and not today, because that was my intinal thought.

When coming to read the Gospels I always thought Jesus was speaking to me. He never spoke to me one time. He spoke to people, but never me not one time. That changed how I looked at the bible. While he is the Master, one considers what he says, and then puts whatever he may say into practice, there are some warnings that concern the people of that time and everything else, but never was it to me specifically.

That is when I really started to grow and understand that we are to follow and listen to the one whom shows the way, to the truth, and into the life, from the light that comes from the Lord Jesus Christ, and to really put him on our hearts and minds no matter what one goes through and pray to the Father in heaven, and continue to seek him in faith, diligently, they will be rewarded, and that can come to spiritual truths that lead to the truth of one being set free, and having liberty over religious bondage, beliefs, idols, or other gods that may have someone ensared cause they still do exist these day, people are drive away to sin because of their own lust, which goes to speak to all of us, which is sobering.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 3:16 Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

We cannot evict God from within us. How He got there is the moment we became a child of God through faith in Jesus' death and resurrection.

Reactions: Pearl

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree. Thank you for commenting by your own choice and asking a good quesrion however. One has to decide for themselves.
Yes, one must decide as they harmonize context in scripture .

Jesus said:
No one comes to him unless God calls them.

God wrote the names of those he calls to Salvation in his Book of Life,The Lambs Book, before the foundation of the world.

When God calls those names, and remember that other scripture, by his grace, not by anything we do, as his free gift, where is it then to be argued we are able to superceed God's eternal knowledge that entered our names in his Book of Life before God created the human life that would later need Saving?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We cannot evict God from within us. How He got there is the moment we became a child of God through faith in Jesus' death and resurrection.
Thank you for sharing.
Yes, one must decide as they harmonize context in scripture .

Jesus said:
No one comes to him unless God calls them.

God wrote the names of those he calls to Salvation in his Book of Life,The Lambs Book, before the foundation of the world.

When God calls those names, and remember that other scripture, by his grace, not by anything we do, as his free gift, where is it then to be argued we are able to superceed God's eternal knowledge that entered our names in his Book of Life before God created the human life that would later need Saving?

Interesting note about that book of life. I am not so sure if I believe that book is still around to be looked at today.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hmmm, let's see, it looks like you got some false answers in the thread. What does the scriptures tell us:

There are a few instances of people being killed for lying to the Holy Ghost. Ananias and Sapphira were the two killed that way, they gave up the ghost. (Read Acts 5:1-15). There is also the unforgivable sin (read Matthew 12:31-32).

And there is the following:

Hebrews 6:4-8
Once people have seen the light, gotten a taste of heaven and been part of the work of the Holy Spirit, once they’ve personally experienced the sheer goodness of God’s Word and the powers breaking in on us—if then they turn their backs on it, washing their hands of the whole thing, well, they can’t start over as if nothing happened. That’s impossible. Why, they’ve re-crucified Jesus! They’ve repudiated him in public! Parched ground that soaks up the rain and then produces an abundance of carrots and corn for its gardener gets God’s “Well done!” But if it produces weeds and thistles, it’s more likely to get cussed out. Fields like that are burned, not harvested.

Last edited: