Can you evict God from living within you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It does make a difference. If you can't show where Jesus said his Holy Spirit can be evicted by our acts or choice, you have no foundation for your claim.
If God didn't state it, it is wrong to imply it.

Hello BP.

Didn't He?

When a virtuous man turns away from virtue to commit iniquity, and dies, it is because of the iniquity he committed that he must die.

Pax et Bonum

Reactions: dev553344

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 Corinthians 3:16 Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

If so; how was he able to come in the first place?

Hello Matthew,

I'm not sure if He ever 'moves out of you' as you put it.But He certainly never forces Himself on you.

You can be all like, I'll Suffer anything for you... and then when something unexpected is given to you and in your anger you stomp your foot and say 'leave me alone'.. He will do so.. but He will continue to call to you and say ;return to Me that I may return to you...'

And when you finally come to your senses and realize what an ass you have been, He will receive you gladly back into His arms and give you the strength to carry your cross...

Pax et Bonum

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—

Reactions: Philip James

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John 14:15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—
thank you devin

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should point out that the following is damning for people that have tasted the heavenly gifts and reject God:

Hebrews 6:4-8
Once people have seen the light, gotten a taste of heaven and been part of the work of the Holy Spirit, once they’ve personally experienced the sheer goodness of God’s Word and the powers breaking in on us—if then they turn their backs on it, washing their hands of the whole thing, well, they can’t start over as if nothing happened. That’s impossible. Why, they’ve re-crucified Jesus! They’ve repudiated him in public! Parched ground that soaks up the rain and then produces an abundance of carrots and corn for its gardener gets God’s “Well done!” But if it produces weeds and thistles, it’s more likely to get cussed out. Fields like that are burned, not harvested.

But tasting the heavenly gifts is probably rare. Those people are more like Satan and his devils, having been with God in heaven and rebelled against him. I think the above scripture is very similar in nature. If with the Holy Spirit and been blessed of God abundantly then you deny him it is very damning. And that probably is in the realm of a son of perdition.

John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hebrews 11:6

New Living Translation

6 And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.

Reactions: BlessedPeace