Can you help me ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Absolutely.
The only reason I held back was bc I thought it would HURT way more than it did.....lol like a splinter in your skin.

Unless the Lord says in his word rightly divided in context, or speaks to my heart through the Holy Ghost that I am sinning; I am going to live my life without fear of others condemnation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Yes, and while years ago it wasn't as widespread, yet if Christians do realize how it can be a positive, joyful experience esp. with a faith design content when done confidently with a clear conscience, then like you say, no need to hold back because of the pain - which can prove to be quite endurable.

You said about having been a nurse; from what I have read, nurses are a demographic which tends to be very widely tattooed now, I think; like as if, for the caring professions it's become a sought after means of expression of what's on their hearts (and an ice-breaker among patients and their families). Nurses anyway now don't seem to hold back, do they?

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My closest friend and I are getting the same one, it’s to remind us that we are and always will be there for one another. However, for me , it will equally remind me that the the Lord is with me.
@Rita

Did you tell your closest friend about the passing? good if she can really be praying for you and your family at this time. "A friend in need is a friend indeed"; you know the saying, of course. I do love Proverbs 18.24: "there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother".

I know you said you guys sometimes find it hard to express yourselves over the 'phone to each other but then she likely would appreciate the fact that you wanted to tell her and wanted her to pray for you.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Rita

Did you tell your closest friend about the passing? good if she can really be praying for you and your family at this time. "A friend in need is a friend indeed"; you know the saying, of course. I do love Proverbs 18.24: "there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother".

I know you said you guys sometimes find it hard to express yourselves over the 'phone to each other but then she likely would appreciate the fact that you wanted to tell her and wanted her to pray for you.
Yes of course she knows, but you presume she is a believer , which she isn’t and at the moment she is in her own battle with depression and suicidal thoughts…..so it’s me praying for her xx

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes of course she knows, but you presume she is a believer , which she isn’t and at the moment she is in her own battle with depression and suicidal thoughts…..so it’s me praying for her xx
@Rita Well, despite your own problems it's grand you are continuing to pray for her.

Yes, I had assumed that because her father was a minister that she had come to saving faith herself; I'm sure you keep praying to that effect.

I do appreciate Psalm 139: the Lord searching the depths of our thoughts - particularly apt at a time of great stress and bereavement.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Rita Well, despite your own problems it's grand you are continuing to pray for her.

Yes, I had assumed that because her father was a minister that she had come to saving faith herself; I'm sure you keep praying to that effect.

I do appreciate Psalm 139: the Lord searching the depths of our thoughts - particularly apt at a time of great stress and bereavement.
She questions the whole issue of suffering, not just in the world but also things she has had to face all her life. None of us truly know all the answers, but I think once you have come to faith you somehow just know that there is a much bigger picture and you understand the spiritual battle more.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
She questions the whole issue of suffering, not just in the world but also things she has had to face all her life. None of us truly know all the answers, but I think once you have come to faith you somehow just know that there is a much bigger picture and you understand the spiritual battle more.
@Rita Although the conservative (not necessarily a believer) does sometimes understand the imperfectibility of human nature and the obvious fact that life is so often not fair, yet the eye of faith in understanding Romans 3.23 - that sin plagues human existence - can lift a weight from human heart if mixed with faith in the Redeemer, Who bore our sins in His own body on the tree (1 Peter 2.24).

Some ppl - though maybe not your friend just yet - do derive at least a faint indication of pain and suffering pointing to higher truths, through certain faith designs:

bcdfb846d158abac9efbf44249af28d9.jpg
pinterest dot com

cc @Heart2Soul

Last edited:
Reactions: Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
YOU folks have broadened my vision of my new tattoo so much with your kind inputs that I'm wanting every image you've shown........lol

I love my Lord and we CAN NOT always verbally share with ppl of the world. By the flesh ( WHICH IS TEMPORAL AND WILL RETURN TO DUST WHEN I RECEIVE MY INCORRUPTIBLE AND IMMORTAL BODY) I can share all I want if skin is exposed.
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Sounds like you'll eventually be getting more inkings, right?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Rita So did your friend happen to talk any more lately about those plans that you guys have for the inkings?
She had another tattoo done yesterday, she gets them done quite regularly , but as to our tattoo ,it’s not really been on my mind of late so it’s not something we discuss. Tattoos are not uppermost in my thoughts Farouk.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
She had another tattoo done yesterday, she gets them done quite regularly , but as to our tattoo ,it’s not really been on my mind of late so it’s not something we discuss. Tattoos are not uppermost in my thoughts Farouk.
@Rita Well, okay.....

Sounds like she is quite a veteran tattooee now, anyway, and seems she makes sure she keeps you informed about each new one.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes , I can see it in my mind when I get ready to imprint it on my skin as well as it resides in my heart ❤

@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d

Yes, there is a sense in which the experience of receiving those rapidly buzzing inking needles — at exactly the chosen area of skin that you've asked that they be aimed at — is not so invasive after all if indeed the basic faith based design being buzzed in is already in your heart.

A short process that some people might for years have shrunk from receiving can seemingly thus become instead a wholesome and memorable moment as the ink is sharply rammed down so precisely.