Can you help me ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are an antagonist.
I follow God's will for my life closely by studying prayerfully under the teacher the Holy Ghost.

Apparently you just open your mouth and let the judgments roll. YOU know nothing about me nor the trials that have shaped me. My trust is all in Him.

Deny God's word ALL you like,YOU will be the one that has to answer for it. I'm not some lilylipped milk maiden but I'll stand nose to nose with the likes of ppl like you.

I know my Lord and he knows me,nothing have I hidden from him. I listen, follow and trust that if I'm NOT to do a thing he will give me instruction.

You too are now on ignore get the first part of the word ignore _ _ _, stands for lack of. Self righteous Pharisee.
Bye

Am I? Well, you live and learn not like some bigoted believer in their own will. I do love these posts that are self righteous and sanctimonious and let me know how evil I am and how righteous you are and I am destined for hell if I don't get a few tattoos into my backpack.

• Haha
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@TLHKAJ At least subjectively relevant, all the young ppl with whom I have spoken with Bible verses tattooed have seemingly done them for witness tool reasons.

(This, at least, as an explanation from custom.....)
Seems totally useless to me as most of the time you can't see them as they are covered by clothes.

Reactions: BarneyFife

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I just find the word "need" to be quite funny for a tattoo. No one needs one. They just want one.
@Mantis "Needing" one in the strict sense, and finding the idea of getting a faith based tattoo, its witness potential, compelling: they are distinct, yes......

From the artist's point of view, I guess, the distinction can often seem moot, right?

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mantis "Needing" one in the strict sense, and finding the idea of getting a faith based tattoo, its witness potential, compelling: they are distinct, yes......

From the artist's point of view, I guess, the distinction can often seem moot, right?
These questions lol

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There is nothing logical about tattoos.
All the young ppl with Bible verses tattooed with whom I have spoken seem to have received them for witness tool reasons. I guess they would say it's less about logic than it is about taking the opportunity to testify silently with Scripture quotes and facilitating conversations.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi @L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d. I think I may have found it. It ws something that I used on my FB page in 2016. Is this the pic?

b0c9df5bdfaf90710188c1df93aeb7f1.jpg
Here's a similar one from thePilgrim church...

168490221_3777326039022932_6304788424936058267_n.jpg
Here are some others...which are separated.

crown-of-thorns-and-a-gold-crown-on-wood-picture-id1361908977
crown-of-thorns-and-a-gold-crown-on-a-white-background-picture-id1296793488

@Angelina I think you were a bit more skeptical a while ago about faith based tattoos; but anyway you can see just how widely sought after they are now.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There are a lot of pics on-line you just need to sort through which one you remember seeing. Just google Kingly crown and crown of thorns pic. You can also use the words: "Alot can happen in 3 days" because it's a good friday theme. Hopes this helps :)
@Angelina Although I think you said you decided several years ago that you didn't want any more ink, you can see that in terms of faith related image and wording inventory there is a lot of scope out there for those who do honestly feel it can enhance their witness and expression opportunities, right?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I am going to get another one on the underside of my left wrist in the next year. My closest friend and I are getting the same one, it’s to remind us that we are and always will be there for one another. However, for me , it will equally remind me that the the Lord is with me. It’s personal and has meaning and intention, it’s not a random decision or a fad.

@Rita Seems like it's already an established, firm decision for you to do it, perhaps helped on by your firm friendship. So did you do any preliminary talking to your chosen tattoo artist yet?

I have never regretted getting the butterfly ..I am often asked about the butterfly, and relay part of my testimony.

Sounds like all the questions and testimony opportunities that your previous inking brings you would firmly vindicate your decision to do it in your mind.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Farouk
I am leaving that to my friend as she has tattoos done quite often, and knows the artist. She will get a quote and then we will decide when we get it done,I don’t think it will be this year as I don’t have much holiday left to take an extra day to go ( its not in my local town )
Rita

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi Farouk
I am leaving that to my friend as she has tattoos done quite often, and knows the artist. She will get a quote and then we will decide when we get it done,I don’t think it will be this year as I don’t have much holiday left to take an extra day to go ( its not in my local town )
Rita
@Rita Oh I see; it's nice that your close friendship with a veteran expert tattooee has enabled you to trust her judgment about the best person to do the inkings for you both.

While I suppose I had just assumed that you would have gone to one of the many tattoo parlors in Brighton, yet since you evidently do greatly trust your friend who already knows so much about getting inked up, then it would be worthwhile going that extra distance so you can both feel really comfortable about it and express really properly your meaning and intention.

Last edited:

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Rita Oh I see; it's nice that your close friendship with a veteran expert tattooee has enabled you to trust her judgment about the best person to do the inkings for you both.

While I suppose I had just assumed that you would have gone to one of the many tattoo parlors in Brighton, yet since you evidently do greatly trust your friend who already knows so much about getting inked up, then it would be worthwhile going that extra distance so you can both feel really comfortable about the process and the resulting design.
Not really Farouk, my closest friend doesn’t live in Brighton, we became friends when I lived in Mid Sussex. She went to a local tattoo parlour near her, who then moved her shop to Eastbourne ( further along the coast from me ). My friend has just got use to the girl who owns the shop. I wouldn’t have a clue who to go to, so tend to stick with where my friend goes xx

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Not really Farouk, my closest friend doesn’t live in Brighton, we became friends when I lived in Mid Sussex. She went to a local tattoo parlour near her, who then moved her shop to Eastbourne ( further along the coast from me ). My friend has just got use to the girl who owns the shop. I wouldn’t have a clue who to go to, so tend to stick with where my friend goes xx
@Rita Oh okay. Yes, and I suppose if your previous artist did your inking many years ago now s/he might not be in business any more, so going with the one that your friend knows really well would make a lot of sense for you.

Yes, sounds like having the inking together is going to be really nice for you.

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I found the many ppl post very useful in determining my next tattoo. Just not sure when I'll get it.

Thanks all !