Can you please pray for my family and I, we're under spiritual attack

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I feel encouraged by the verses and your concern. Thank you!

I do like to hear of instances where others have gone through similar issues. I'm trying to get my husband to realize when something is a spiritual attack instead of suffering through something blindly. I've been wanting to read a free book online "The Snares of the Devil." I think that the old-time bible teachers had more of a grasp on these spiritual issues. Today's preaching doesn't seem to really teach in-depth about the realities of the two kingdoms. I'm seeing more and more how everything comes down to spiritual.

Snares of the Devil. - Christian Classics Ethereal Library

How right you are to see that because, war is raging in the spiritual realm, and we can see the effects in the physical...PRAYER! ♥

Reactions: Soverign Grace

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How right you are to see that because, war is raging in the spiritual realm, and we can see the effects in the physical...PRAYER! ♥

I see from personal experience that my husband and I don't recognize a spiritual attack right away and we then suffer because we don't apply the right remedy. I want to do a bible study on spiritual attacks so we know what we're dealing with. Our church hasn't addressed it either. I'm disappointed that it's a forgotten topic, and now more than ever there are battles in the spiritual realm as you say. I want to find a quality, balanced, true bible study that comprehensively addresses it. I don't really have any pastors that I listen to anymore. I used to listen to Charles Stanley but want to find someone else.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see from personal experience that my husband and I don't recognize a spiritual attack right away and we then suffer because we don't apply the right remedy. I want to do a bible study on spiritual attacks so we know what we're dealing with. Our church hasn't addressed it either. I'm disappointed that it's a forgotten topic, and now more than ever there are battles in the spiritual realm as you say. I want to find a quality, balanced, true bible study that comprehensively addresses it. I don't really have any pastors that I listen to anymore. I used to listen to Charles Stanley but want to find someone else.

I agree with you that this is not a subject much taught on, and it is so very important! Have you ever read C.S. Lewis's "Screwtape Letters"? AWESOME take on how satan works. You should check it out, can prob get it online for a couple bucks. That book opened my eyes quite a bit to satan's wiles.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you that this is not a subject much taught on, and it is so very important! Have you ever read C.S. Lewis's "Screwtape Letters"? AWESOME take on how satan works. You should check it out, can prob get it online for a couple bucks. That book opened my eyes quite a bit to satan's wiles.
I've heard of the books. I need to read something and get my husband involved because he's not attuned to it (I would appreciate any prayers for him to grow in this area) I think we do have to learn his wiles. I'm starting to see just how much Satan has been behind a lot of things.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've heard of the books. I need to read something and get my husband involved because he's not attuned to it (I would appreciate any prayers for him to grow in this area) I think we do have to learn his wiles. I'm starting to see just how much Satan has been behind a lot of things.
Of course, I will pray for your husband to have "eyes to see" in this area. Satan is quite crafty, but when we start to recognize how he works, we can ward off many of his schemes through prayer, and we will learn spiritual defense!

Reactions: amadeus