Can You Read Dreams?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is not germaine to the question of whether or not there is a "gift of dream interpretation"

This is another question I thought we had set aside that you're bringing up again. I told you, I don't care whether it is technically to be categorized as "a gift of the Spirit" or not. The issue is how do we operate in it.
I'm arguing that whether or not David Bowie was a Satanist is non-sequitor towards whether or not Rose dreamed of David Bowie, and is non-sequitor towards whether or not you correctly interpreted her dream. Bowie could be a Satanist or not, either way, it has no bearing on these two questions.

And once again we are going in circles, Lol. I suppose I'm finally getting used to it.

Ok, I'll see if anyone else has any comments. This conversation is going nowhere fast.
The problem is that we don't need to be leaning to our own understanding. We are seeking HIS understanding in these matters.
The key lies in the statement made. IS it dream interpretation, or is it of men and is really SKILLS of interpreting dreams.
you spoke of there needing to be skills and principles in dream interpretation and I still think it is something that can't be taught/learned.

Anyone else have any comments on the thread I posted? I'm interested in hearing it if you do.

God bless,
- H

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone else have any comments on the thread I posted? I'm interested in hearing it if you do.
I honestly believe the Bonnie Raitt connection is a major stretch. Rose said the hair was "slightly similar." That is pretty loose. It seems to me that she was relieved that maybe her disturbing dream had some meaning other than remnants from her past (which she did mention as a concern). I also see it as a major stretch to connect the black cashier to a blues singer. lol

I'm sorry, that's as far as I've gotten so far. I have come through a night of terrible weather and now that we have a half day of a reprieve, I need to run errands. I'll be back later .....Lord willing.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And once again we are going in circles, Lol. I suppose I'm finally getting used to it.
I'm curious if you can restate in your own words what I'm saying about Bowie and this dream. Care to give it a shot?

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is another question I thought we had set aside that you're bringing up again. I told you, I don't care whether it is technically to be categorized as "a gift of the Spirit" or not. The issue is how do we operate in it.

Ok, I'll see if anyone else has any comments. This conversation is going nowhere fast.

God bless,
- H
I just keep it simple my friend . Trust in GOD and pray to HIM . HE will either use another person to interpret the dream
or He will give it to me . Either way its the LORD that reveals the interpretation .
That is all i have to offer on the subject for now . In the meantime, LET THE LORD BE PRAISED .
We are in an all out assualt and its coming for the lambs .
Let us win souls while we have time to do so . And keep on with exhortations to build up the lambs .

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry ...I didn't leave yet. I decided to finish the thread. I honestly didn't see the connection to Paige. And Rose didn't recognize him as the person (rapist) in her dream either.

I didn't get the need to lead her in her conclusions like you did here. On one hand you said she needed to get it from the Lord on her own, and then you led her and basically told her what/who you believed the rapist represented. She still didn't indicate that it clicked with her. She did go along, but not based on any real connections in her dream.

Sorry, Chris ....you asked and those are my honest thoughts. I don't think her dream was from God at all. I think her dreams were tinted by things in her real life ...her past, her fears, etc. Those are things she directly mentions in her post.

Okay ...now, to my errands!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I honestly believe the Bonnie Raitt connection is a major stretch. Rose said the hair was "slightly similar." That is pretty loose.

Ah, something constructive! :)

The simple fact that you are acknowledging that connections ought to be drawn between elements in a dream and things in real life is a major improvement from the position Marks takes.

Yes, she at first says it's "something similar," but as I pointed out to her, Bonnie appeared to die her hair, which is why it could appear in all different shades of orange depending on the time a photo was taken. But she specifically stated the woman had "orange hair," and my argument would be exactly how many woman are noted for orange hair these days, particularly in association with the topic at hand. She professed in another thread that her father was deeply into blues music and had a collection of it, and that is how she was being introduced to it. This was something the Lord led me to because I normally never search outside of a thread itself. Normally the ingredients for interpretation will usually be present in the thread, but on this one the Spirit of God led me to look elsewhere, and that's where I found the connection.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also see it as a major stretch to connect the black cashier to a blues singer. lol

Yes, that one is deduction. But Jimmy Page was notorious for stealing old blues songs and remaking them with a heavier feel.

When The Levee Breaks was a remake of an old song written by Kansas Joe McCoy.

There are other examples I can't remember at the moment, but the significance of the black man in the dream is that blues music originated in the black culture.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, something constructive! :)

The simple fact that you are acknowledging that connections ought to be drawn between elements in a dream and things in real life is a major improvement from the position Marks takes.

Yes, she at first says it's "something similar," but as I pointed out to her, Bonnie appeared to die her hair, which is why it could appear in all different shades of orange depending on the time a photo was taken. But she specifically stated the woman had "orange hair," and my argument would be exactly how many woman are noted for orange hair these days, particularly in association with the topic at hand. She professed in another thread that her father was deeply into blues music and had a collection of it, and that is how she was being introduced to it. This was something the Lord led me to because I normally never search outside of a thread itself. Normally the ingredients for interpretation will usually be present in the thread, but on this one the Spirit of God led me to look elsewhere, and that's where I found the connection.
And yet, she should have recognized the woman from the photo as the woman in her dream ...and she didn't.

I have had dreams/memories about rituals involving celebrities. And I knew who they were, no guessing. And those weren't dreams to be interpreted. They were actual memories which have been confirmed by other survivor accounts. What I'm saying is ...if you dream about a famous person, you generally would recognize them in a photo to be the person in your dream. It's not a guessing game and trying to make something maybe possibly kinda fit.

I reeeeeeally need to go! Be back later!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet, she should have recognized the woman from the photo as the woman in her dream ...and she didn't.
That's another thing I take note of, Rose didn't give the confirmation that this interpretation resonated with her, and in fact seemed to me to think it wasn't really on target.

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't get the need to lead her in her conclusions like you did here. On one hand you said she needed to get it from the Lord on her own, and then you led her and basically told her what/who you believed the rapist represented.

I realized how badly lost she was so I kinda gave up on that idea, Lol. This was just a kid. She had knowledge of virtually nothing, so that was a bit of a bad idea on my part, but no harm, no foul.
She still didn't indicate that it clicked with her. She did go along, but not based on any real connections in her dream.

Well what I'm saying here is, once I receive revelation from God on a dream like this, about the only thing that will convince me otherwise is a competing interpretation that carries more weight. I doubt one would have ever surfaced.
Sorry, Chris ....you asked and those are my honest thoughts. I don't think her dream was from God at all. I think her dreams were tinted by things in her real life ...her past, her fears, etc. Those are things she directly mentions in her post.

Ok, now this is a possibility. But again, when you look at the fact of how BADLY addicted she was to demonic music, and the warning that this dream appeared to give her, it becomes hard to argue that the enemy would send a dream like this, so all that leaves is that it was coming from her own fears. The question is, why would she be having fears, and who would they be coming to her from? And I believe they very clearly had a prophetic quality to them, because they were warning her about a musician she didn't even know about yet, but was clearly about to discover. Page was one of the best blues guitarists of his time, if not The best, and given the demonic pull on his music she would have been hooked, and hooked really bad.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is that we don't need to be leaning to our own understanding. We are seeking HIS understanding in these matters.
The key lies in the statement made. IS it dream interpretation, or is it of men and is really SKILLS of interpreting dreams.
you spoke of there needing to be skills and principles in dream interpretation and I still think it is something that can't be taught/learned.

Ok, then let's try another one then, and this is one where commonly held notions especially in Christian circles would have told me this dream was NOT of God and therefore it should be ignored. I had Francis Drake (a friend) and Oscarr (Paul James) both arguing with me as such.

The thing is, to simply back off of something for these reasons alone is IMO doing the very opposite of what I think should be agreed upon: That you don't simply go by assumptions or popular opinion, but follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. I had no idea about Kathryn Kuhlman's life when I first read this dream, but once I started looking into things I found reasons for believing it could very possibly be true, and despite downright angry opposition from a freind that I was wrong, I was not going to simply drop it because the dream implied negative things about a famous Christian leader.

Could they be right that the dream was from the enemy? Possibly, but once again no competing interpretation was ever given, and as Post #12 shows, there is ample evidence to believe the dream was consistent, and its implications may have been true.
dream/bad dream

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not all dreams are God dreams, most dreams are just our subconscious putting our daily happenings into some sort of order. We have all had good dreams and bad dreams and in-between dreams but we forget them almost as soon as we wake. These dreams do not need any interpretation - they are just normal dreams. To try to put meaning to these sort of dreams is a waste of time and there are many secular books written on the subject of dreams. God dreams are in a different league altogether and are God communicating with us as we sleep; teaching us, showing us an area in our lives that needs attention. Also perhaps planting something in our subconscious minds that we can share with others as and when as a form of wisdom. He gives me 'life lessons' both in my sleep and in my waking hours.

Reactions: marks

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not all dreams are God dreams, most dreams are just our subconscious putting our daily happenings into some sort of order. We have all had good dreams and bad dreams and in-between dreams but we forget them almost as soon as we wake. These dreams do not need any interpretation - they are just normal dreams. To try to put meaning to these sort of dreams is a waste of time and there are many secular books written on the subject of dreams. God dreams are in a different league altogether and are God communicating with us as we sleep; teaching us, showing us an area in our lives that needs attention. Also perhaps planting something in our subconscious minds that we can share with others as and when as a form of wisdom. He gives me 'life lessons' both in my sleep and in my waking hours.

I agree, Pearl. Most of the dreams you will see posted publicly are different, however. They are posted because people found them especially disturbing - enough to post them asking for help with the meaning - or because they would not go away, though received many years earlier.

Such is the case with the two that I have posted so far, as well as several others.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can anybody here read dreams? It's not easy. People who have a gift in this area teach about what you should do. Dreams can show areas that a person needs to work on.

I can read my dreams somewhat, but I'm not that good at it. I get an idea of what chapters or verses I need to read about. What areas to address. I also don't want to rely too much on what I see in my dreams, because that can lead me away from something else I need put my focus on.
I think the Lord sometimes will send messages in dreams, but I think more commonly we can learn from a dream, simply by observing what happened in that dream, and I don't even find that happening very often.

Reactions: marks

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I agree, Pearl. Most of the dreams you will see posted publicly are different, however. They are posted because people found them especially disturbing - enough to post them asking for help with the meaning - or because they would not go away, though received many years earlier.

Such is the case with the two that I have posted so far, as well as several others.
I think we may be talking about two different forms of dreams. The ones I have been talking about have been given to me by God and interpreted by the Holy spirit. But the ones you seem to be talking about sound like they are indicating a persons frame of mind at a troubled time and you work out how to help them.

Reactions: marks and TLHKAJ

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we may be talking about two different forms of dreams. The ones I have been talking about have been given to me by God and interpreted by the Holy spirit. But the ones you seem to be talking about sound like they are indicating a persons frame of mind at a troubled time and you work out how to help them.

Hello Pearl, and good afternoon (evening for you).

No, I'm suggesting that dreams like those I cited were also sent from God, as a means of Him trying to protect them spiritually. There is actually more to the second dream that I haven't shared yet, but I thought the conversation was dying so I didn't go into it.

But I think the main difference in your dreams and some of the ones I interpret for people is simply that you are more mature in Christ and more able to hear from the Spirit of God yourself. Same would go for TLH. But not all Christians are in this place yet, and that is why I think there can and sometimes needs to be a place for outside interpreters who are led by the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: Pearl