Can You Read Dreams?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason it reflects my "ideas," Mark, is because I am using my mind in deduction.
That's my point.

1. Do you believe that Satanism exists today, and that Satanists are having an effect on modern culture?
2. Do you believe Bowie and Page were Satanists/ disciples of Aleister Crowley?
3. Do you believe their music can have a negative spiritual influence on others?

What does that have to do with anything??

That Jimmy Page is considered to be a Satanist by some doesn't mean that this lady dreamed of Jimmy Page, And that Bonnie Raitt was trying to get her to change to her music.

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you understand and agree that your practices do not inform us about what happened with Daniel and Joseph?

I'm not trying to inform you about what Daniel and Joseph did. I'm trying to get you to discuss what you think is in error about what I do.

I ask you three questions. Let me ask them again:

1. Do you believe that Satanism exists today, and that Satanists are having an effect on modern culture?
3. Do you believe their music can have a negative spiritual influence on others?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does that have to do with anything??

The interpretation has to do with the dream.
That Jimmy Page is considered to be a Satanist by some doesn't mean that this lady dreamed of Jimmy Page, And that Bonnie Raitt was trying to get her to change to her music.

LoL. Bonnie Raitt doesn't even know the woman.

You see, what I am doing is using logic, which you appear to not be in favor of.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Much love!

Mark, this is the third time I am asking you, and I truly hate when you do this. You start dodging like there is no tomorrow instead of answering questions. If you don't want to talk about it, say so. But if you do then answer the questions I am putting to you very plainly.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see, what I am doing is using logic, which you appear to not be in favor of.
Again, that's my point. I think you are looking at this dream with your logic, and giving her your answer. Or so it seems to me.

And I don't find anything at all in the Bible that speaks about what you do. Nothing! No gift of dream interpretation, no method for dream interpretation, nothing.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark, this is the third time I am asking you, and I truly hate when you do this. You start dodging like there is no tomorrow instead of answering questions. If you don't want to talk about it, say so. But if you do then answer the questions I am putting to you very plainly.

Dodging? Did you read my post? I have no idea whether David Bowies was a disciple of Crowley. What does that matter? Can music have a negative spiritual influence? Sure! Just like TV and movies, and books and baudy jokes. Tell me . . . I'm asking again . . . what does that matter towards this question? Stop dodging me . . .

Seriously . . . I'm here to discuss this, your arbitrary test aside.

You want to make a deal of these questions, I say these questions are irrelevant.

I can answer you, Yes, I believe Satanism is alive and well today. Does that mean you interpret dreams by God's gift? No, that is entirely non-sequitor. Why are you so determined that I answer these questions considering they are non-sequitor towards this question?

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dodging? Did you read my post?

Yes, I read all of them, which is why I had to ask you three times, Lol.
I have no idea whether David Bowies was a disciple of Crowley.

Alright, then let's get into David Bowie a little.

What do you think he is saying in this song? I have posted about it before.

Chorus:
First they give you everything that you want
Then they take back everything that you have
They live upon their feet and they die upon their knees
They can work with satan while they dress like the saints
They know god exists for the devil told them so
They scream my name aloud down into the well below

Just like TV and movies, and books and baudy jokes. Tell me . . . I'm asking again . . . what does that matter towards this question? ... Why are you so determined that I answer these questions considering they are non-sequitor towards this question?

You become so obtuse, Lol. :p

I answered you, Mark. You just didn't read it. :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not trying to inform you about what Daniel and Joseph did. I'm trying to get you to discuss what you think is in error about what I do.

It turns out I was wrong.

In fact, the Bible does tell us more information about Daniel,

Daniel 2:19 KJV
Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven.

Daniel 2:22 KJV
He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.

Daniel 2:29-30 KJV
29) As for thee, O king, thy thoughts came into thy mind upon thy bed, what should come to pass hereafter: and he that revealeth secrets maketh known to thee what shall come to pass.
30) But as for me, this secret is not revealed to me for any wisdom that I have more than any living, but for their sakes that shall make known the interpretation to the king, and that thou mightest know the thoughts of thy heart.

Daniel seems to make this clear he did not interpret the king's dream according to his own wisdom, but that God revealed the interpretation to him.

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel seems to make this clear he did not interpret the king's dream according to his own wisdom, but that God revealed the interpretation to him.

And does this text say that he did not use deduction after receiving revelation about what the dreams meant?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You become so obtuse, Lol. :p
Give it a rest!

We can talk about David Bowie til the cows come home. His last album was absolutely horrid on a spiritual level. But that doesn't mean I cook the Quaker Oats according to the directions, and it doesn't mean you interpret dreams according to a spiritual gift.

They are unconnected, non-sequitor, does not follow.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And does this text say that he did not use deduction after receiving revelation about what the dreams meant?
It does not say he didn't use the I-Ching. It doesn't say he didn't use the Book of the Hopi. What it Does say is that God revealed it. All else is argument from silence.

You know, I find I'm constantly bringing up Logical Fallacies with various people, and it occurs to me to wonder, do people actually realize that if something is a logical fallacy that means it an invalid line of reasoning? It's not just some jargon to toss out there to be insulting, rather it's to weed out invalid arguments. So we can get to something with substance.

Much love!

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's good to concentrate on what is actually revealed in Scripture.
Exactly. And scripture supports that He gives dreams and visions.

The Book of Acts reveals things that would happen in the last days.

Acts 2:17-21
[17]And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
[18]And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
[19]And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
[20]The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
[21]And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

The word translated "young men" come from a word meaning "under age 40." It's not necessarily male only. And the word translated "old men" is from a word that could also mean "elder" or "elder women." So that verse is simply stating that your sons and daughters (children), youths (under 40), and your elderly men and women will prophesy, see visions and dream dreams.
These verses point directly to the last days.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. And scripture supports that He gives dreams and visions.

The Book of Acts reveals things that would happen in the last days.

Acts 2:17-21
[17]And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
[18]And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
[19]And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
[20]The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
[21]And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

The word translated "young men" come from a word meaning "under age 40." It's not necessarily male only. And the word translated "old men" is from a word that could also mean "elder" or "elder women." So that verse is simply stating that your sons and daughters (children), youths (under 40), and your elderly men and women will prophesy, see visions and dream dreams.
These verses point directly to the last days.
I think I've passed the visions stage . . .

:eek:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give it a rest!

We can talk about David Bowie til the cows come home. His last album was absolutely horrid on a spiritual level. But that doesn't mean I cook the Quaker Oats according to the directions, and it doesn't mean you interpret dreams according to a spiritual gift.

They are unconnected, non-sequitor, does not follow.

Much love!

You are arguing that thinking and logic is "non-sequitur" to the interpretation of prophetic dreams. I am arguing that it is not.
I have no idea whether David Bowies was a disciple of Crowley.

You have stated you have no idea whether he was a disciple of Crowley or not, and it is relevant to the discussion.

This is from one of the songs he wrote:

I'm closer to the Golden Dawn
Immersed in Crowley's uniform
I'm not a prophet or a stoneage man
Just a mortal with potential of a superman

David Bowie - Quicksand

In 1976 Bowie stated, "My overriding interest was in Kabbalah and Crowleyism. That whole dark and rather fearsome never-world of the wrong side of the brain."

The Golden Dawn was an occult society Crowley was a member of in the early 1900s. They taught a unique blend of Jewish mysticism (called Cabbala or Kabbalah, also to be found in Bowie's symbolism), astral travel, magic, yoga (also practiced by Bowie) and how to communicate with angels and demons. For this latter communion it was necessary to empty the mind, to make room for the unknown to enter - something that bears a strong resemblance to Bowie's 'cut-up' method of writing lyrics. When Bowie states that he is "immersed in Crowley's uniform," he is referring to Aleister Crowley, the twentieth century British occultist who was a member of the Golden Dawn and a founder of the O.T.O (Ordo Templi Orientis). He was mostly known for his work in the realms of Sex Magick, Black Magick and his philosophy of Thelema. Both the Golden Dawn and the Ordo Templi Orientis were/ are pseudo-masonic organizations where the member goes through stages of ceremonial initiation wearing semi-Egyptian costumes - similar to the one Bowie wore for a photo session with Brian Ward in 1971.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All else is argument from silence.

Correct, which I thought we had already agreed upon, and yet you keep going over it and over it again, Mark. You are the one who keeps trying to use what we DON'T know as an argument against my position.
So we can get to something with substance.

You aren't getting to anything of substance, Mark. You are avoiding discussion of anything with any real substance to it on the grounds that it is according to you "non-sequitur," while going around in circles.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are arguing that thinking and logic is "non-sequitur" to the interpretation of prophetic dreams. I am arguing that it is not.
No, I am not.

I'm asserting that David Bowie's spiritual state, and David Bowie's influence in music, is not germaine to the question of whether or not there is a "gift of dream interpretation", and whether or not you interpret dreams according to such a gift.

I'm arguing that whether or not David Bowie was a Satanist is non-sequitor towards whether or not Rose dreamed of David Bowie, and is non-sequitor towards whether or not you correctly interpreted her dream. Bowie could be a Satanist or not, either way, it has no bearing on these two questions.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have stated you have no idea whether he was a disciple of Crowley or not, and it is relevant to the discussion.
How so? How does David Bowie's spiritual state relate towards whether or not you interpret dreams by a spiritual gift?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
similar to the one Bowie wore for a photo session with Brian Ward in 1971.
Listen, I learned all I needed to know about Bowie from John I'm Only Dancing, just the same . . . you'll need to explain to me how his status affects yours.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct, which I thought we had already agreed upon, and yet you keep going over it and over it again, Mark. You are the one who keeps trying to use what we DON'T know as an argument against my position.

An "argument from silence" is where you say, "It doesn't say I'm wrong, therefore I'm right." It doesn't work that way.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You aren't getting to anything of substance, Mark. You are avoiding discussion of anything with any real substance to it on the grounds that it is according to you "non-sequitur," while going around in circles.
I want to talk about the Bible and dream interpretation, you want to talk about David Bowie's ideas and practices.

Much love!