Can you serve God in a false religion?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChurchAuthority

May 10, 2013
domenic said:
It has been proven over, and over, and you don't see it. Catholics follow their religion, they do not follow Gods written word. Your cult, is as bad as the Muslim cult. These two cults make the JW cult look like a little kid cult. I have shown the major false doctrines, and why they are false, and you still don't understand. The proof is right in your face, and you still don/t see it. I don't have a hate for Catholics, or any people in any religion...but yes, religions are false, and they are tools of Satan.
I will never turn my back to God, or his son Jesus.
Just do this...if your right, this will not hurt you. Test the cross. It was the sign of a false God. Roman army records prove the Romans never hug people on a cross. It was always an upright stake. The cross is the sign of a false God, and Satan hangs Jesus on it.
I'm 77. When I was a kid, even the catholic Bible said stake. There are books in the catholic Bible that were not in there when I was a kid. If your religion says do not test it...you are in a cult.

That is not true. Jesus never started any religion. He said he is the way, and he holds the keys to life, and death. No man, or religion can give life, or death. I'm not trying to put people down.
I have posted false doctrines, and showed why they are false, and you still don't see them. Every religion thinks they are right, and the others are false...why do you think that is? Because others are saying something different.
The only way to test a religion, is to look for false doctrines. If there is one major false doctrine, the religion is not from God.
And yes there are good people who have done wonderful things in all religions...but that don't make the religion true. People who are anti-God have also done good wonderful things for others also...does that make the anti-God movement right?
Do you want me to list the things wrong, and show where in the Bible they are wrong? I'll take a whole day doing that, if you agree to get out of religion if the Bible proves religions are false...what do you say?
Uhhh, no, you haven't proven anything. In fact, the only thing you're shown is that you've been polluted by a lot of WatchTower rubbish.

First of all - Jesus DID start a Church and Hwe mentioned it twice in the Gospel of Matthew (16:18-19, 18:15-18). Torture stake, indeed. This doesn't include the NUMEROUS times it is mentioned elswhere in the NT including 1 Tim. 3:15, Col. 1:18 and Eph. 1:22-23, which says that the Church is the FULLNESS of Christ.

Finally, historical records do NOT deny cross beam crucifixion. That is a JW lie.
In fact epitaph drawings and other graffiti from the 1st century show crucifixion on a CROSS - with a cross beam - not a "torture stake".

Torture stake, INDEED . . .

Episkopos said:
What evidence? Christians have the bible. Whether people use it aright of course is another debate...but it is the only common link we have to the exact will of God.

These forums are based on the bible. But people come here with their side books....that pretend to properly interpret the word...but refuse any truth that comes against a stance they feel comfortable with!

This is just an immature way to play...it says nothing for the argument.

Let Catholics speak from the bible and build their case from there. To expect Christians to kiss the ring of a religious cleric at their behest shows the degree of indoctrination they have received.

Use a biblical way to approach any testimony...becoming all things to all men!!!! Then we can discuss!

Is this unreasonable?
Your problem is that you blather on about Scripture yet you deny history. They go HAND in HAND.

The only reason you even have a Canon of Scripture is because the Catholic Church gave it to you - and that is a historical fact. At the Last Supper, Jesus told the Apostles that the Church would be led to ALL truth. It wrote, compiled and declared the Books of the Canon of Scripture under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. It certainly wan't any Protestant denomination.

the thing that bothers people lilke you is that you cannot deny this - without revising history, that is.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ChurchAuthority said:
Your problem is that you blather on about Scripture yet you deny history. They go HAND in HAND.

The only reason you even have a Canon of Scripture is because the Catholic Church gave it to you - and that is a historical fact. At the Last Supper, Jesus told the Apostles that the Church would be led to ALL truth. It wrote, compiled and declared the Books of the Canon of Scripture under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. It certainly wan't any Protestant denomination.

the thing that bothers people lilke you is that you cannot deny this - without revising history, that is.

Does the bible or your church condone women teachers? Why do you try teaching men when this is expressly forbidden? Now follow the bible AND history and cancel your terrible attitude that makes a mockery of good Catholics!

ChurchAuthority

May 10, 2013
Episkopos said:
Does the bible or your church condone women teachers? Why do you try teaching men when this is expressly forbidden? Now follow the bible AND history and cancel your terrible attitude that makes a mockery of good Catholics!
Ahhh - again you have exposed youself as being ignorant of the CONTEXT of Scripture.
Women teachers aren't forbidden - only in a Presbutorial role. In Acts 18:26, we see Priscilla teaching Apollos the ways of God.

Wow - debating with you is WAAAAYY too easy . . .

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear All,

What evidence, exactly, would Catholics accept which would disprove their church is not correct?

Blessings,

Justin

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ChurchAuthority said:
Ahhh - again you have exposed youself as being ignorant of the CONTEXT of Scripture.
Women teachers aren't forbidden - only in a Presbutorial role. In Acts 18:26, we see Priscilla teaching Apollos the ways of God.

Wow - debating with you is WAAAAYY too easy . . .

You don't know when you are having a good argument or not...that makes it just SEEM easy to you!

But look what the apostolic tradition says...

1Ti_2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

ChurchAuthority

May 10, 2013
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear All,

What evidence, exactly, would Catholics accept which would disprove their church is not correct?

Blessings,

Justin
Just prove a doctrine wrong.

Episkopos said:
You don't know when you are having a good argument or not...that makes it just SEEM easy to you!

But look what the apostolic tradition says...

1Ti_2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
And again - this is in a Prebutorial role. I already proved you wrong in the case of Priscilla, who, along with Aquila were comapnions of and fellow teachers with Paul as we see in 1 Cor. 16:19.

[edited by the mod]

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ChurchAuthority said:

And again - this is in a Prebutorial role. I already proved you wrong in the case of Priscilla, who, along with Aquila were comapnions of and fellow teachers with Paul as we see in 1 Cor. 16:19.

[edited]
Is this the way you keep silence...or maybe you know more than everyone?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the problem with using just scripture Episk - Noncatholic Christians interpret scripture in a manner that supports Protestant doctrine. When Catholics use scripture and it disagrees with Protestant doctrine, it is dismissed as a Catholic misinterpretation. Catholic members try to point out that Protestants have changed many of the rules of Christianity 1500 years after Christ died and reduce the Christian way of life to a 2013 interpretation of 1st century culture, but you guys simply will not consider our perspective.

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
ChurchAuthority said:

Shame on you for your repeated false accusations against the Church and for your ignorance of Scripture.
Do yourself a favor - do your homework before posting again.

Just prove a doctrine wrong. Okay; Lets let the Bible do it.

"Catholics Go to Heaven when they die, and The rest of us go to a Hell of Fire..." I say this is false. To make it easy, I'll just use one scripture, the condition of the dead. (Those who have died.)

Ec 9:5 "For the living are conscious that they will die, but as for the dead, the are conscious of nothing at all. Neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them is forgotten."

In other words, no thought, not work, they are asleep in the grave awaiting the resurrection. If there is no thought, where is the Hell of Fire, or life in Heaven?
The word hell comes from the word Hades, which means, "The common grave of mankind."

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no similarity between a quick 45 minute service per week sitting and looking at the back of somebody's head...with a life lived in communal worship in the unity of the Spirit...ALL the time. The true apostolic church met daily...and still does! The true apostolic church still meets in homes and follows the apostolic guidelines for the meeting..where everyone participates.

aspen2 said:
Here is the problem with using just scripture Episk - Noncatholic Christians interpret scripture in a manner that supports Protestant doctrine. When Catholics use scripture and it disagrees with Protestant doctrine, it is dismissed as a Catholic misinterpretation. Catholic members try to point out that Protestants have changed many of the rules of Christianity 1500 years after Christ died and reduce the Christian way of life to a 2013 interpretation of 1st century culture, but you guys simply will not consider our perspective.

There is truth outside of religious mind sets (boxes). The truth ALWAYS brings life with love joy and peace. We live IN that life as our corporate witness of light in the world.

Jesus calls us out of our worldly dependencies and habits in order to serve Him in newness of life! :)

Protestants are just reformed Catholics who follow many of the same errors. But a disciple walks in the Spirit with His Master and is led in the truth.

Reactions: faithfulness

ChurchAuthority

May 10, 2013
domenic said:

"Catholics Go to Heaven when they die, and The rest of us go to a Hell of Fire..." I say this is false. To make it easy, I'll just use one scripture, the condition of the dead. (Those who have died.)

Ec 9:5 "For the living are conscious that they will die, but as for the dead, the are conscious of nothing at all. Neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them is forgotten."

In other words, no thought, not work, they are asleep in the grave awaiting the resurrection. If there is no thought, where is the Hell of Fire, or life in Heaven?
The word hell comes from the word Hades, which means, "The common grave of mankind."
This Scripture is speaking about the physical death. there is no spiritual "sleep" or death.
I'll answer you with one word: Transfiguration.

Jesus was conversing with Elijah and Moses. Deut. 34 tells us that Moses died and was buried in Mt. Nebo.
How was he able to appear to and converse with Jesus at the Transfiguration, hmmm?

Episkopos said:
Is this the way you keep silence...or maybe you know more than everyone?
Who said I was keeping silent??

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
ChurchAuthority said:
This Scripture is speaking about the physical death. there is no spiritual "sleep" or death.
I'll answer you with one word: Transfiguration.

Jesus was conversing with Elijah and Moses. Deut. 34 tells us that Moses died and was buried in Mt. Nebo.
How was he able to appear to and converse with Jesus at the Transfiguration, hmmm?

Who said I was keeping silent??
Transfigured? Are you Moses? Because Moses was transfigured, does that mean all Catholics are transfigured?
Adam was returned to the dust, does that mean all men will be returned to the dust? If the pope told you God was going to make all people have three heads, would you believe even that? What is in those little things they put in you mouth on Sunday, drugs?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dear All,

Blessings,
What ever dirt you dig up they will just call it catholic bashing, besides what ever you write applies to all religious denominations not just theirs

2Th 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Time is short soon they will all see the foolishness of it all, but for them it will be too late.

In all His Love

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
Matt 6: 7 "When praying, do not say the same thing over, and over again just as the people of the nations do."

"Beads for sale." Our deluxe beads come with a free booklet of prayers you can say, over, and over. Learn the Our Father, and Hail Mary in just ten minutes. Our deluxe set of beads comes held together with gold like thread, just like they use in Heaven. Beads for sale. Beads for sale. Buy in the next fifteen minutes, and we will send with your order a free plastic Jesus for you dashboard. Call now. Don’t miss out on this great offer. These beads were designed in Rome by someone very near the Pope. Five dollars extra, and you can have your beads blessed with holy water.”

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus said..the way is narrow and few are they that find it. Not..the aisles are narrow and pews are where you'll find them!

:)

Think about it!

Reactions: faithfulness

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You missed the part where He says,

Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
Joh_6:48 I am that bread of life.
Joh_6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
Joh_8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
Joh_10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep
Joh_10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
Joh_10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
Joh_10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
Joh_11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he l
Joh_15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Joh_15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing

I do not see any "denomination" listed.

Missed one

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

In all His Love

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
ChurchAuthority said:
Mother Teresa was a Catholic because it is the Body of Christ. She knew this and chose to serve God in way He intended - as a member of the Church Christ established.

You can claim that the Catholic Church is a false religion all day long but you cannot prove it - Scriptutall OR historically.
'Catholic church' no. But the 'roman catholic church', another thing altogether.

aspen2 said:
The BLOOD of the Martyrs was spilt for the precious TRUTH of God since the 1500s and specifically the 1600. Why would we or any rationional God fearing person do otherwise.

Note: it was considered back then and as of today still stands as heresy. In the words of Paul the Apostle by the Spirit of God 'let all men be liars and GOD be true'... .

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Townsville, QLD. Australia
domenic said:

One hundred percent scripturally correct! And it's the "righteous" in these graves who will be resurrected at Christ's Second Coming and not before.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
domenic said:
Matt 6: 7 "When praying, do not say the same thing over, and over again just as the people of the nations do."
“when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do” (KJV)

Jesus did not condemn repetitious prayer but vain repetitons

vain
c.1300, "devoid of real value, idle, unprofitable," from O.Fr. vein "worthless," from L. vanus "idle, empty," from PIE *wa-no-, from root *eue- "to leave, abandon, give out" (cf. O.E. wanian "to lessen," wan "deficient;" O.N. vanta "to lack;" L. vacare "to be empty," vastus "empty, waste;" Avestan va- "lack," Pers. vang "empty, poor;" Skt. una- "deficient"). Meaning "conceited" first recorded 1690s, from earlier sense of "silly, idle, foolish" (late 14c.). Phrase in vain "to no effect" (c.1300, after L. in vanum) preserves the original sense. (Online Etymology Dictionary)

vain
2 producing no result; useless. having no likelihood of fulfilment: a vain boast. (Concise Oxford English Dictionary)

This is sometimes translated as babbling:
“In praying, do not babble like the pagans” (NAB)

Jesus himself prayed repetitiously as in the Garden of Gethsemene:
“And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words” (Mt 26:44)

Psalm 136 is very repetitious, repeating the words “God’s love endures forever” 26 times

The four living creatures before the throne say repetitious prayers:
“And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying,
Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.” (Rev 4:8)

And then the 24 elders say repeatedly:
“Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created” (Rev 4:11)

domenic said:
"Beads for sale." Our deluxe beads come with a free booklet of prayers you can say, over, and over. Learn the Our Father, and Hail Mary in just ten minutes. Our deluxe set of beads comes held together with gold like thread, just like they use in Heaven. Beads for sale. Beads for sale. Buy in the next fifteen minutes, and we will send with your order a free plastic Jesus for you dashboard. Call now. Don’t miss out on this great offer. These beads were designed in Rome by someone very near the Pope. Five dollars extra, and you can have your beads blessed with holy water.”
Source please. Or did you just make up that piece of nonesense.

Are you claiming that is an official statement by the Catholic Church?

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
Mungo said:
“when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do” (KJV)

Jesus did not condemn repetitious prayer but vain repetitons

vain
c.1300, "devoid of real value, idle, unprofitable," from O.Fr. vein "worthless," from L. vanus "idle, empty," from PIE *wa-no-, from root *eue- "to leave, abandon, give out" (cf. O.E. wanian "to lessen," wan "deficient;" O.N. vanta "to lack;" L. vacare "to be empty," vastus "empty, waste;" Avestan va- "lack," Pers. vang "empty, poor;" Skt. una- "deficient"). Meaning "conceited" first recorded 1690s, from earlier sense of "silly, idle, foolish" (late 14c.). Phrase in vain "to no effect" (c.1300, after L. in vanum) preserves the original sense. (Online Etymology Dictionary)

vain
2 producing no result; useless. having no likelihood of fulfilment: a vain boast. (Concise Oxford English Dictionary)

This is sometimes translated as babbling:
“In praying, do not babble like the pagans” (NAB)

Jesus himself prayed repetitiously as in the Garden of Gethsemene:
“And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words” (Mt 26:44)

Psalm 136 is very repetitious, repeating the words “God’s love endures forever” 26 times

The four living creatures before the throne say repetitious prayers:
“And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying,
Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.” (Rev 4:8)

C

Source please. Or did you just make up that piece of nonesense.

Are you claiming that is an official statement by the Catholic Church
Jesus went off alone, and prayed a third time. Who recorded what he said? or how many times he said it? The Catholic church has change much in the Bible. In 1953 I bought a Catholic Bible for my folks. The Catholic Bible today, has other books in it not in the 1953 one, and there are other changes they have made. I would never trust the Catholic Bible.

Status
Not open for further replies.